Cobra Kai quick review

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
karatekid_ralphmacchio_williamzabka_c0-0-860-501_s885x516.jpg

This show really surprised me. They did a good job taking a show and making good with their budget. The writing was solid, the use of their set pieces brilliant, and the character acting and writing was better than some high budget Hollywood movies out there. I was actually surprised from the first episode how awesome the show looked. I honestly expected to see the budget show up in the film quality. Honestly the show really looked good. I just can not speak enough about how surprised I was.

The shows picks up 34 years after the first Karate Kid showing the after effects of how that one kick changed their lives forever. For Danny Larusso it turned him from the broke kid from New Jersey into one of the most successful car dealers in the town. He literally rides that kick to success so much that he uses it in all of his car ads. And if that wasn't enough he passes out Bonsai trees to all of his customers. He has it all, the successful business, the house, cars, beautiful wife and family. He literally is living the perfect life.

Meanwhile on the other side of that kick Johnny Lawrence is broke working odd jobs for money. He lives in a crappy apartment eating fried bologna and ketchup. All he has in this world is his vintage car, his beer, and his old 80's movies. He is literally stuck in the past trying to deal with the aftermath of losing the karate tournament while the rest of the world passes him by. Him not being able to get past that defeat has left him neglecting everything in his life including his teenage son.

Whether you are a kid from the 80's who loved the Karate Kid movie or you are a millennial you will enjoy this show. This does an excellent job bridging those two generations. It touches on bullying back in the 80's versus now when kids are having to deal with the cyber bullying. It keeps the plot centered around only the first Karate Kid movie (the most iconic of them all) so you do not have to feel left out if you haven't seen the sequels. In fact many may consider this the future it deserves continuing the story. They managed to bring back some of main actors from the first Karate Kid movie so that it truly feels like you are getting to see where they are at since the first movie.

Rotten Tomatoes currently has this at 100% and this time I agree with them.

This is a brief review from what I posted on Twitter. To read more check me out on twitter to get the full review.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
A Friend of mine, the anti streamer got Red just for this and eint **** up about how I NEED to see this. LOL

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I have been considering watching this but been so far behind in the shows I want to watch, its on the back burner. I may move it up on the watch list though. this is the second review I read and it really sounds interesting.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Sadly once you finish with Cobra Kai there is nothing else left that looks worth watching. YT ROC is truly lacking.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Sadly once you finish with Cobra Kai there is nothing else left that looks worth watching. YT ROC is truly lacking.
This. I am so not in to what these YT "stars" are doing.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Kobra Kai is probably best show on YouTube, me and my wife just finished watching it and can't wait for next season.
Feels like we grew up together, very nostalgic feeling. Highly recommend it to 80s, 90s kids.