Touch android to begin screen.

TeddySixx

Reaction score
yes i did.
and everytime i turn it on it just stays on the motorolla logo screen.
nothing else

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
You are probably going to have to do a few things to get it going from this point, so just work with us, these devices are virtually impossible to mess up.

First what happens when you turn the power off and then turn the power on by holding down the Power and X key at the same time until a "Recovery" screen comes up ?

This is called "Booting into Recovery" and we will need to know what kind of Recovery Screen you have (there are three different ones)

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Once you get a recovery screen up, if you can tell us if it says

ClockWork

SirPsyco'sRecovery

or if it is a Triangle and an !

Or just describe what the screen looks like

TeddySixx

Reaction score
You are probably going to have to do a few things to get it going from this point, so just work with us, these devices are virtually impossible to mess up.

First what happens when you turn the power off and then turn the power on by holding down the Power and X key at the same time until a "Recovery" screen comes up ?

This is called "Booting into Recovery" and we will need to know what kind of Recovery Screen you have (there are three different ones)
i says clockworkmod recovery v2.5.0.1

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
That is a good sign, do you see an option to wipe data and wipe cache ?

It is going to ask you if you are sure you want to do it for both, just select yes

To navigate around in recovery the volume rocker is "up and down"
The camera button is "select" and the power button is "back"

After you wipe data and cache you will want to select the "reboot" option

You might have to press "power" to go back one screen to access the "reboot" option

If this doesn't work we will probablt have to flash a new ROM but this is also very simple stuff

TeddySixx

Reaction score
okay i cleared both then rebooted but now it still wont go past the motorolla logo screen.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Figures, can you get files onto that SD card with your computer ?

OP
A

alitke

Reaction score
Thanks for helping him guys. I have a Droid Incredible now and have no way of telling him word for word what to do as I cannot simply look at the phone anymore to see what he is seeing. Background that was already posted is this:

Rooted Droid 1
Clockwork Recovery (ROM Manager)
Was running UD 8.0

I had to keep the SD card so he is starting from a fresh SD. I downloaded all files from the original SD of this phone just in case so we do have those if needed.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Go to this link Peter Alfonso and download the "stock system files/rooted ROMs" FRG22D (deodexed) directly to the SD card and then put the SD card back in the phone and boot back into recovery

Don't do anything after that...yet

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
After you are in recovery again, wipe data and cache 3X each

Then select "install zip from SD card"

And then "choose zip from SD card"

Select the file you downloaded onto the card and select install...let it install

Hit "power" to go back and select "reboot"