1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Touch Screen Issues (frustrating)

Discussion in 'Rescue Squad Help' started by x888x, Dec 15, 2010.

1. x888x

x888x New Member

About a month ago I lost my OEm charger. My GF had a spare charger from her blackberry and I figured hey its microUSB this will work fine. A couple nights later the the touch screen started acting up. I couldnt turnt he alarm off unless I unplugged the charger. Likewise the whole screen wouldn;t behave right while plugged in. Like a moron I kept using the charger until finally in the same night it 1) tried to navigate me to Arizon (I live in Buffalo) and then 2) Called my parents @ 3am and scared te hell out of them. Since then my touch screen has not worked properly plugged in or not( about 3-4 days now). It thinks I am touching in areas I am not. Weirder yet... if I lock the screen and then unlock it the screen works justfine for about 30 seconds and then its all screwed up again.

Any explanation/fix?

I originally had a BB Storm and bought this Droid on ebay about 9 months ago. Been fine until recently. Not covered under verizon I'm assuming? Eligible for an upgrade in April, so I would love for this to work until then....
  2. UrbanBounca

UrbanBounca Premium Member Premium Member

I don't know how a charger would affect only the display, but I guess that's why they recommend using only the original charger.
  3. ggpike

ggpike New Member

I've only used the Motorola charger that came with my Droid and I have the exact same problems.

I've posted about this before, but long story short, Verizon stores were no help as they said it was because I needed to have Advanced Task Killer running. They said this the three different times I went in there, until I was finally out of warranty. I'm currently dealing with Verizon over the phone to get the issue resolved. This is my business phone and it's pretty much unusable at this point.
  4. furbearingmammal

furbearingmammal Super Moderator

So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wi
    Non-stock chargers can cause touch screen issues. My guess would be poor shielding on the wires causes some bleedover/crosstalk.

ggpike, if you have ATK running, get rid of it. If you're having problems like that it's warranty replacement and they knew that. The workers in the store just didn't want to file the paperwork -- AKA do the work. Good luck with Verizon. Try Motorola next.
Search tags for this page

why my android phone has laters on the screen