droid touch screen not responding?

Reaction score
i have a Moto Droid1, with no roms or anything installed on it.
Starting probably 3 weeks ago my phone starting freezing really easily
and instead of prompting me to force close a program it would just freeze
the screen would stay on for hours, unless i did a battery pull

when ever i tried restarting it, it would start fine but the touch screen wouldnt
respond that it was being touched, so i couldnt swipe to open it or anything.

i sort of found a weird fix around that though, i found when the phone was
starting if you started doing the slide to unlock while it was still on the
eyeball then when the next screen loaded it would already be unlocked and
would work (weird i know)

i eventually did a complete cache and factory hard reset yesterday, so
now its on the original "touch the android to begin" and thats as far as it
will go, i can touch it a 1000 times and nothing will happen
is there anything i can do to fix this

o yea something else thats awesome, ok so i get my upgrade in less than a month and my droid breaks officially yesterday so i go up to verizon to put my number onto an older verizon phone, but since the phone doesnt have internet im not using the data plan, so in a month when i do get my new smart phone IM NOT GOING TO HAVE UNLIMITED DATA
what kind of **** is that, ive been paying for unlimited data for almost 2 years and a month before my upgrade my phone breaks and now im reduced to the stupid 2gb allowance

im pissed.

abullock22

Reaction score
mine did the same thing - og droid, touch screen fizzled out on me on one side of the screen so i couldnt unlock my phone, work around is to use a magnet - see tutorial on youtube how to put your phone into navigation mode with magnet - it bypasses the unlock. not sure if this will help your situation now but once your screen is shot, you need a new phone - ive been without for about 3 weeks now and waiting for the bionic to come out so i can upgrade

OP
I
Reaction score
ill have to try the magnet trick again cause i dont think im doing it right. but yea im in the same boat, cept im waiting for the iphone5 to come out
...if its like august or september ill get one but if its not coming out till
december or 2012 then screw it ill just get the droid3

mine did the same thing - og droid, touch screen fizzled out on me on one side of the screen so i couldnt unlock my phone, work around is to use a magnet - see tutorial on youtube how to put your phone into navigation mode with magnet - it bypasses the unlock. not sure if this will help your situation now but once your screen is shot, you need a new phone - ive been without for about 3 weeks now and waiting for the bionic to come out so i can upgrade

abullock22

Reaction score
i tried with a couple of magnets, didnt work at first and was like this is BS but i eventually found a semi powerful one on my fridge that did the trick - i have to rotate my phone so the apps i want to use lay in the area where the screen works, annoying as hell so i basically render my phone as useless