OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
i like utorrent it is lite runs smooth plus if you are into stuff like i am it adds missing .net files that normal installs or updates miss

The P!rate B@y IS BACK UP AND RUNNING BABY! WaHOOO!!! :)

tpb is still fending off the lawsuit crap they was going thru. They was shafted how can a free region all of a sudden press charges over us copyright laws?

They are open just be careful they are still in the watch list ALTHOUGH i thought they was only down for 3 days

dnt see why they would have to close this... all i asked was ppls opinion on torrent clients =]

it is because this site want to be affiliated in the kind of mess that comes with copyright infringement and torrents is one of the main tools for that kind of stuff.

Which i dont see why people d/l movies when you can just watch them online w/o violating copyright laws. hell i only watch a movie once why would i need a b/u lol

with the new comcast xfinity you can watch all new releases for small price
o i understand that lol...but does utorrent slow down ur pc?

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score

It might just be the beer, but I think there's a misunderstanding.

Vuze (Azureus) was slowing down his PC, probably because it's written in Java, and Java has a lot of overhead by default. And yes, pegging your upload in a torrent will kill your download speed, because the TCP protocol needs to send and receive acknowledgments for the information it sends.

mtz_gto

Reaction score
i like utorrent it is lite runs smooth plus if you are into stuff like i am it adds missing .net files that normal installs or updates miss

The P!rate B@y IS BACK UP AND RUNNING BABY! WaHOOO!!! :)

tpb is still fending off the lawsuit crap they was going thru. They was shafted how can a free region all of a sudden press charges over us copyright laws?

They are open just be careful they are still in the watch list ALTHOUGH i thought they was only down for 3 days

dnt see why they would have to close this... all i asked was ppls opinion on torrent clients =]

it is because this site want to be affiliated in the kind of mess that comes with copyright infringement and torrents is one of the main tools for that kind of stuff.

Which i dont see why people d/l movies when you can just watch them online w/o violating copyright laws. hell i only watch a movie once why would i need a b/u lol

with the new comcast xfinity you can watch all new releases for small price

Are you serious right now...? One word.. QUALITY!

Every site on the web right now streaming is CRAP! (other than paid sites like netflex)

You download Bluray copies and use HDMI from computer to big screen... BEAUTIFUL AND FREE!!

Guess you need to be a movie buff to understand the lust :)

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com

It might just be the beer, but I think there's a misunderstanding.

Vuze (Azureus) was slowing down his PC, probably because it's written in Java, and Java has a lot of overhead by default. And yes, pegging your upload in a torrent will kill your download speed, because the TCP protocol needs to send and receive acknowledgments for the information it sends.
yea VUZE is slowing my pc to a crawl...similiar to LIMEWIRE haha

PolyOlefin

Reaction score
I haven't used them all, but uTorrent is probably the most capable and easiest to use.

The WebUI feature is amazing. I can manage uTorrent from work; don't tell my boss. I use Torrent-fu on my Droid, but the Android browser can access WebUI as well.

However, the Droid lacks the precious ability to right-click... which severely hampers the usefulness of the browser GUI. Better off using Torrent-fu.

In this digital age, copyright infringement is about as serious to young people as jaywalking. If movies and music are available for free on the internet, a cash-strapped, tech-saavy youngster will find a way, no matter what the RIAA, MPAA, and their legion of lawyers have to say about it.

I'm conflicted over this. Despite regularly infringing on copyrights in this manner, I wholly believe in the rule of law, and that intellectual property holders should be paid for the fair value of their products. Pretty hypocritical, huh? I am both an upstanding citizen and a seedy internet thief.

A study was done this year about illegal downloading of IP, and it showed that, on average, those who illegally download copyrighted material spend more money on these products than those who engage in no illegal downloading. A large part of this is probably a "try before you buy" mentality. Or, as in my case, just the sheer amount of media these infringers consume is so great, a large portion of it is bound to be legally bought anyhow.

pyro6128

Reaction score
That try before you buy point is pretty spot on. I do that with movies and android apps a lot. 24 hours really isnt enough time to determine how good an app is. Its not googles fault, they cant give you a huge window, but personally i need a couple of days to put a good app through its paces. Thats why some of them I'll download (warez) and test them out for a bit. If the app performs really well, then I'll go ahead and buy it. If the app is garbage though, it gets uninstalled. I shouldnt have to eat the price of a garbage app because of the short return period.

(again, i know that its not practical for google to have a refund period much larger than 24 hrs)