Droid Torrent without computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cloud12077

Reaction score
Anyone know of any droid torrent clients that do not need a computer to be able to download? My internet provider monitors torrent downloads (I dunno how, but I have gotten a notice in the mail already). So I don't want to have to use my computer as a "server".

Thanks!

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
The discussion of the downloading/obtaining of unauthorized or copyrighted material is not condoned or discussed on Droid Forums on any level, if your internet provider has already sent you a notice, that should be a fair sign that something you are doing isn't right

OP
C

cloud12077

Reaction score
I'm actually not looking to pirate. I'm looking to backup some movies that I have on VHS that I don't wish to buy again.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am not accussing you of pirating, but this would open the discussion for those who we're looking to do something illegal, even though you might be one of the good ones, for every one honest person there are a hundred dishonest people

suliman

Reaction score
regardless of the intent of use, torrent downloading is not always used for illegal/pirating means. The op is just asking if there is a mobile torrent client for android which would interest alot of people regardless of their intent.

UnkleDuke

Reaction score
There are plenty of legal torrents out there, Radiohead's fan filmed concert is one, and Elephant's Dream (animated movie) is another.

Check out Swarm Torrent Swarm Torrent Client v1.1 Application for Android | Communication

I haven't tested it myself, but it claims to do what you're looking for.

FYI, even if you have purchased a movie on VHS/DVD, downloading a pirated copy is still pirating.

Last edited:

TopSniper

Reaction score
The reason your providor sent you a message is because you were using public trackers, available to anyone at anytime, meaning they (ISP) and the govenment have full access to records to fine you. Find a private tracker if you dont want them breathing down your neck. Back to your app, ABT client is an alright one. But only use this on public trackers, as 99% of private trackers forbid the use of these mobile clients

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
The op is just asking if there is a mobile torrent client for android which would interest alot of people regardless of their intent.
I understand the question, and the fact that the O/P's internet provider has issued a notice already brings a little bit of shade to the situation, but I am not one to accuse, chances are it's an honest situation, and would stay that way for a small percentage of the people, it is the other (larger) percentage that would be the concern

Cloud, thanks for understanding ;)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Discussion of torrents is prohibited in the Droid Forums, regardless if your intention is to get a copy of a movie you have on VHS. Getting a digital replacement would be like walking into a DVD store and handing your VHS tape and saying, "I'd like the DVD now please."

No matter, we're simply not going to allow these discussions. Torrents, paid apps, anything of that nature cannot be discussed in the Droid Forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.