Tired of complaining about the Pre-Loaded Apps? See how to take action today!!

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Now that its clear that motorola seems adamant on not doing anything about this, how many here are going to actually write or call the global hq? That would be the logical next step instead of bothering the live chat agents who clearly don't have any authority over this and apparently don't care either...

this live chat stuff reminds me of people going to mcdonalds and complaining about the prices...you guys are bothering the wrong people here, these are extremely low level tech support agents who probably earn like $12/hr...it's sounding more and more like a prank then anything serious.

In case you missed it:

Global HQ
Motorola Mobility, Inc.
600 North U.S. Highway 45
Libertyville, Illinois 60048 USA
Telephone: +1 847 523 5000

I called them, and they hung up on me as soon as I mentioned that they have breached their contract with false information regarding the droid 1 RAM and processing speeds due to these applications that take up space and battery, which we cannot remove.

Maybe I'm just wrong in assuming that they have breached their agreements with us.

They hung up on you? Wow...if that's true, I'd call them back until they talk to you about it. I think this whole thing is a waste of time, but if they're hanging up on me I'd be pissed hahaa...just out of principle.

fdkatz

Reaction score
class action it, think (have not checked) there is precedence for that.

Your agreement with Verizon says all disputes will be done through arbitration and that class action arbitration is not allowed. Of course, that stinks and there may be precedent in overturning that aspect of the agreement since none of us had any opportunity to bargain about that aspect of the agreement (or any aspect for that matter).

Anathema

Reaction score
Now that its clear that motorola seems adamant on not doing anything about this, how many here are going to actually write or call the global hq? That would be the logical next step instead of bothering the live chat agents who clearly don't have any authority over this and apparently don't care either...

this live chat stuff reminds me of people going to mcdonalds and complaining about the prices...you guys are bothering the wrong people here, these are extremely low level tech support agents who probably earn like $12/hr...it's sounding more and more like a prank then anything serious.

In case you missed it:

Global HQ
Motorola Mobility, Inc.

I called them, and they hung up on me as soon as I mentioned that they have breached their contract with false information regarding the droid 1 RAM and processing speeds due to these applications that take up space and battery, which we cannot remove.

Maybe I'm just wrong in assuming that they have breached their agreements with us.

They hung up on you? Wow...if that's true, I'd call them back until they talk to you about it. I think this whole thing is a waste of time, but if they're hanging up on me I'd be pissed hahaa...just out of principle.

I am considering it. The more information, well lack of information, I get, the more frustrated I get with these companies. So I'm taking a break from trying to get a reaction out of them. I will continue my calling on monday and will let you guys know if anything happens.

I first need to get my facts straight. Which is hard to do since these Terms Of Service/Conditions can be very confusing.

It just doesn't make sense to me that these phones promise certain specifications, yet can't deliver them because they have these unwanted applications. Unless we hack our phones obviously.

What bothers me more than being hung up on is the fact that in the chat session they told me that they no longer have the information regarding this. I know for a fact that is a lie. They just don't want to admit that they are doing this intentionaly. EVERY company keeps these records, especailly when the droid only came out a few years ago. This is rediculous.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score

In case you missed it:

Global HQ
Motorola Mobility, Inc.

Even that isn't very effective, more but not what people are looking for. When you want a complaint to get heard, you've got to do your homework to get your hands on the work e-mail of an exec who will not appreciate his inbox getting flooded. And since most likely outside emails go directly to a spam folder (or insta-deleted by an Exec Assistant) you really want to get your hand on a personal e-mail.

As has been said, execs pay attention to sales figures. Even then, not all complaints are equal. If they peg these complaints as coming from mostly this forum, then it's not an equation of 1 in 25 or whatever. Heck, it could be 1 in 5 but if it's 1 in 5 from a market segment that's 1% of the total then it's ignored.

The effort is admirable but VZW is really the one that should be targeted. Although most likely these complaints will be forwarded to VZW (where they promptly get filed in the recycle bin).

IMO the battle needs to be the locked bootloaders and no compromising. I care FAR MORE about forced obsolescence than I do about a few megs of bloatware.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

+1
10 char

deputc26

Reaction score
The way to get what you want at this level is to:

1. Make a demand
2. Do not change your demand, ever
3. Do not stop making your demand, ever

At least that's what a prof of mine said, I think he's right. I also agree completely with what Kodiak said as well, our effort is unlikely to succeed, especially in the short term; but there is still a chance! So I say we email, chat and call everyone and anyone as much as possible. We are the opinion leaders in this market segment, Moto knows this, I've had more than a dozen people ask me what smartphone to buy and I'm sure you guys have too.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Does VZW or Moto have a twitter account you can reply to? See where I'm going with this...

And you need to write to the blogs who have a larger following. Now is a great time on the heals of the IPhone not getting bloatware - it's a relevant issue that gives the blogs an opportunity to comment.

I can promise you VZW and Moto care a lot more about a rant on CNET read by tens of thousands of people than a handful of complainers from Droidforums.

But my approach would be to free the bootloaders. Two hot button issues that are current and relevant in the news as reasons:
1) upgrades are slow or non-existent to some devices
2) bloatware that can't be deleted
3) these devices have a lot of "unlocked" (literally and figuratively) potential *not really a current hot button issue but need to be pointed out

AngryHatter

Reaction score
Did y'all call Dell or HP when your new computer came loaded with crap?
Or did you just find a way?
;)

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Did y'all call Dell or HP when your new computer came loaded with crap?
Or did you just find a way?
;)

Well, that is the point. You can remove anything off a PC, sometimes at your own peril but it can be done.

You can't do this unless you're rooted, although I think every phone has been rooted (just many have locked bootloaders preventing custom roms).

tonyadurr

Reaction score
Now that I have read everything in this forum, I have a few things to say, hell they may end up being questions. Lol. I agree that if enough people complain, eventually they are going to hear us! So I know there are people like me who get agitated with all the crap we don't use but we have no idea how to root and the process of what needs to be done. All this crap I don't uses is really annoying and I I don't want it and would love to know how to get rid of it but that also raises a crap load of more questions and I don't have a "teacher" to lead me step by step.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Now that I have read everything in this forum, I have a few things to say, hell they may end up being questions. Lol. I agree that if enough people complain, eventually they are going to hear us! So I know there are people like me who get agitated with all the crap we don't use but we have no idea how to root and the process of what needs to be done. All this crap I don't uses is really annoying and I I don't want it and would love to know how to get rid of it but that also raises a crap load of more questions and I don't have a "teacher" to lead me step by step.

And how many PC users really are comfortable enough uninstalling bloatware they have no clue what it does? My parents certainly don't do it.

The bottom line is people can complain but the reality is mfrs need look no further than the PC business to see bloatware is not going to hurt sales.

deputc26

Reaction score
And how many PC users really are comfortable enough uninstalling bloatware they have no clue what it does? My parents certainly don't do it.

The bottom line is people can complain but the reality is mfrs need look no further than the PC business to see bloatware is not going to hurt sales.

Right, which is why we need to focus on the difference between PC crapware and Android crapware, namely that the former is deletable.

Kodiak thanks for your input, I continue to think that your thoughts are dead on. The bootloader issue is going to be a tough one, I think our only possible paths to success here are (from iffy to more iffy):

1. Convincing the mfr that they'll sell more phones unlocked
2. The judicial system

Anyone find a twitter account to hit up? That would be perfect. I bet we can get PCmag on board too.

deputc26

Reaction score

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

I don't have a Droid 2 or I'd help more but if you want to root use superoneclick root.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
To those complaining I say thanks. To those who say it is a waste of time, I am tired of having to freeze or seach for an sbf the frustration has made the time worth wasting. Mondayd and Tuesday I will start caling that number that the user posted. Plus I too will start doing research and reading our service agreements. I am in this to win it...or atleast bring some light to the customers that they do have a voice. Because I don't think there are many users who can say they are not fed up with the bloat and the place to direct your concerns are to the mfg. We are their clients and we pay their salaries so we do have a say in the product. It would be one think if a new droid on release day was half the price of the iphone but it is the same and I am not asking too much to ask to be allowed to delete bloat.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
What cracks me up is this is all just a copy and paste away. Lol, some tech put it behind the superuser cloak thus not allowing us to remove the app unless we have root. All it would take is to move it from the system apps to the regular app folder... Which is why its so funny how "Reymer: That is part of the phone's design and it was programmed not to be deleted." The phones design? HAHA. What a bunch of Bologna. I can see them protecting the core system files and even Blur but the Bloatware? JUST MOVE IT OUT OF THE SYSTEM APPS! I would do this chat thing for you guys but i have already voiced my concern over this. (I walked into VZ and Complained to the tech in person. I brought up the logical arguments but it was meaningless to the tech as he knew nothing about it. He only knew he couldn't delete the apps. This was all over the Amazon app on my droid btw... I was forced to root to get it off but i got it off non the less.) I just wish a tech would do the quick *30sec at most!* copy and paste. Or let me in the room and work on the computer for a min with the preloaded software before its loaded on the bionic. Anyway if a moto exec does read this id say: Keep the bloatware, its more money to you guys but KEEP THE SYSTEM APPS IN THE SYSTEM AND THE NON-SYSTEM APPS(Bloatware) OUT! subtle enough?? If that cant be managed then at least allow the root (Which currently voids warranty). Users hack because they they are forced to...If bloatware was put in the proper folder (Non-system) then a good sizable chunk of people wouldn't root and heck, if blur was left to choice then i bet everyone would be happy. Look at the Ps3, Once the other OS feature was forced off the console that basically guaranteed hackers would be working on it, and now because of that the consoles security code is on geohots site. Just saying.

General Statement about post*Provide a way to get the apps removed or don't put the apps on. Its practically a direct challenge to hackers since, yes they have to look at the un-uninstallable app everyday. Or at least not Void warranty because you know people are going to be digging around in system files removing the apps.

*Just hope*And finally just an fyi, all this can truly be done away with through an OTA update. All it would take is a remove or a move command for each app and BOOM, no more being stuck. If thats all 1 OTA update did, for each of the bloatware app then that would be 1 useful and successful update. Hopefully a certain Ceo could pull rank and help out its consumers that saved his buttox.
Sorry for longpost, Just letting off some steam if you know what i mean. :)