Tired of complaining about the Pre-Loaded Apps? See how to take action today!!

Discussion in 'Android News' started by pc747, Jan 13, 2011.

1. pc747

pc747 Regular Member
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +7,409
    You are right the original fight was bloatware and I am getting these two fights blurred together, no pun intended. I am going to separate the 2 now I will open another thread for the fight on blur here. And I will open a thread there for JUST the fight against bloatware. I will keep them separate and make them two different arguments. My apologies and thanks for pointing that out.

2. pc747

pc747 Regular Member
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +7,409
  3. pc747

pc747 Regular Member
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +7,409
  4. peterjariel

peterjariel Member

Ratings:
    +0
  5. pc747

pc747 Regular Member
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +7,409
    Those who made a call to motorola be on the look out for a possible survey, makes sure to fill it out.

6. deputc26

deputc26 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Bump

char char

7. Irie_Feeling

Irie_Feeling Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i know this was a year ago but i totally agree with you. they dont do much and they are not really in the way of anything

8. A Nobody

A Nobody Member

Ratings:
    +0

Not quite a year ago, but I agree that bloatware is just in the way, but the company is only thinking about making a buck. Make your buck and allow us to remove the bloat or atleast leave the bootloader unlocked.

9. joeshell20

joeshell20 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Online support was already closed so I sent the following email:

Would like to ask for a reason why you can't install the useless apps from Verizon and Motorola? Why do you have to tell me what I have to have on a phone that I am supposed to own?

I would simply like to go on record to voice my distaste for all of those junk applications that I will NEVER use. I absolutely love my Droid X, but would be so much better if you gave the consumer the right to choose weather or not to keep the pre-installed junkware polluting the internal storage of my locked down smartphone.
    The open policy of Android to promote giving consumers choice is why Android has such a rapidly growing fanbase. What your company is achieving is not progressive, and in my view morally wrong. Taking a solid os like Android and causing your phone to not function if you uninstall apps you didn't want or need in the first place, will only drive people away and lead them to purchase from the darkside aka Apple.

10. icemang

icemang New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just thinking out loud and sorry if someone mentioned this in the months since this thread started, but directing complaints to Moto doesn't seem to be doing anything. You already have their phone, what do they care? You would hope that they'd see that you will buy another phone before long but companies can be pretty stupid as we all know.

It seems to me that the point of attack on this issue is through Google. Google is desperate to promote android, and now here comes the VZW iphone. If you let google know that you intend to buy an iphone because of all the bloatware, they might listen and put some pressure back on Moto and the rest that will actually do something. Just a thought.

11. deputc26

deputc26 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Google is not going to force anyone to do anything with Android, they are not "desperate" at all. They just took the #1 spot on the planet. I hope nobody expected this thread and our efforts to make anything happen fast, it will take months and years.

12. pc747

pc747 Regular Member
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +7,409
    ^ that is true it is not gonna happen over night. Like I said before, it will require us to stay on it and tell out buddies to stay on it. But even that MAY get to the meeting with the decision makers. Google is in a tough situation they can not preach openness and then dictate to phone manufactures and carriers how they should run their business. The number 1 decision maker in anything is the money. If manufacturers think the could lose money because of preloaded apps then they will make a move. But I just saw a video of att inspire and it ia just as loaded with preloaded apps as vzw device so manufacturers are doing that for a reason. Hopefully vzw atleast push to allow us to remove them, if not then it will be very important for me to buy a device that can be rooted so I remove the bloat myself.

Search tags for this page
android undeletable apps
delete undeletable apps android
how to delete undeletable apps android
how to delete undeletable apps from android

how to delete undeletable apps on android

how to delete undeletable songs from nokia x2-01
how to remove preloaded apps from mytouch 4g
mytouch 4g uninstall preloaded apps
remove undeletable apps android
undeletable apps on android