Tired of complaining about the Pre-Loaded Apps? See how to take action today!!

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
& thanks for making this thread pc747! Don't worry about the nuh uhhs.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
:D Good deal.....I think Caesar was rushing to end that session.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Though my main goal is to atleast allow us to remove bloatware on new devices..... I dont see why we can not get a system update for current android devices to allow those who do not want to root to be able to remove bloatware.

brando56894

Reaction score
I'll agree it is highly annoying that you cant remove them, but theyre not a deal breaker for me. Most likely my next device (a dual core phone of some sort) will be rootable and im damn sure Im gonna root it and remove all the bloatware they installed on it. Its almost the same argument as MotoBlur. Just as long as I can hide it from view Im happy.

Just like I don't get the obsession with the app drawer. Once I started getting a good number of apps the app drawer became too inefficient a method of organization and I just organized things into folders on one homescreen as an alternative. The bloatware is out of sight, out of mind.

I agree completely. I dont have any bloatware on my phone since its the OG Droid (ftw!!) but I rarely ever use the app drawer and the stupid things that I dont use such as spare parts, dev tools, voice search, car dock, etc.. are still there but I never see them since I have all my commonly used apps in folders on my home screen (organized with AppOrganizer, which I highly recommend).

Scott26

Reaction score
Doing it right now with Ronald.

I will let you know how it goes.

Scott26

Reaction score
Convo Done!

He has not sent me a copy of the convo yet so I will just copy and paste from word.

I talked with him for a while and got the GLOBAL HEADQUARTER phone and address to call in complaints.

GLOBAL DEPARTMENT
Motorola Mobility, Inc.
600 North U.S. Highway 45
Libertyville, Illinois 60048 USA
Telephone: +1 847 523 5000
Visit Motorola primary office locations

Here is my convo:

clip_image002.gif
Ronald D: Hi, my name is Ronald D. How may I help you?
clip_image004.gif
Scott Roberts: Hello Ronald, My name is Scott I am new to the Android system with VZW and hate how my new phone that I own has been stuffed with apps that I will never use and I can not delete.
clip_image002.gif
Ronald D: I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, assuredly, i will do my best to help you.

clip_image002.gif
Ronald D: Do you want to delete some of the applications that you were not using on the phone, are these applications came from the phone itself?
clip_image004.gif
Scott Roberts: They came on the phone preinstalled like blockbuster and madden.
clip_image004.gif
Scott Roberts: I will never use them and want to take them off to free up space on my X
clip_image002.gif
Ronald D: What is the model of your phone?

clip_image004.gif
Scott Roberts: DROID X
clip_image004.gif
Scott Roberts: Also when we are done with this convo can you send me a copy to my email address.
clip_image004.gif
Scott Roberts: ?
clip_image002.gif
Ronald D: Thank you.
clip_image002.gif
Ronald D: I am sorry, but as much as i can help you, there is no way we can delete the pre loaded applications on the phone.
clip_image004.gif
Scott Roberts: Well with the new iPhone coming out with VZW there will be no preloaded apps on this device can you assure me that the new Bionic or other new releases from Motorola will not have this annoying issue?
clip_image002.gif
Ronald D: I do apologize, but Bionic will have as well those pre loaded applications.
clip_image004.gif
Scott Roberts: Well is there someone that I can voice my opinion to further on this matter since you can not help me I would like to see these great phone have the ability to remove the apps that I a paying customer do not want on my phone.
clip_image002.gif
Ronald D: You can call our Customer Service Hotline, but to set expectations, they will have to tell you the same things, Scott.
clip_image004.gif
Scott Roberts: What is there number?
clip_image002.gif
Ronald D: For us to assist you better, please call our Motorola Android Customer Service Department at 800-734-5870 during Monday to Friday 7am till 10pm and Saturday to Sunday 9am till 6pm CST.
clip_image004.gif
Scott Roberts: I think that is is pretty unreasonable that you (motorola) force me to keep apps on MY phone. With the iPhone coming out to VZW what do you think is stopping me from switching next time my upgrade comes around?
clip_image002.gif
Ronald D: We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
clip_image002.gif
Ronald D: Is there anything else?
clip_image004.gif
Scott Roberts: I hope that this issue is brought to another department that can handle this stuff a little better Ronald can you assue me that this will not just be lost in other complaints? I know that this is a serious issue effecting many users of android.
clip_image004.gif
Scott Roberts: And I know that if they feel as strongly as I do about this subject they will consider the iPhone next time they upgrade.
clip_image002.gif
Ronald D: I know your frustrations, Scott.
clip_image004.gif
Scott Roberts: Seeing as how I am still in my 30 day trail period with Verizon as well I still have the option to switch.
clip_image004.gif
Scott Roberts: Now that I have got my point across I thank you for listening.
clip_image004.gif
Scott Roberts: Can you send me a copy to my email... and send this complaint to a higher department?
clip_image002.gif
Ronald D: You can try to contact our Global Headquarters for your complaints.
clip_image002.gif
Ronald D: You can reach them at.
clip_image002.gif
Ronald D: GLOBAL HEADQUARTERS

Motorola Mobility, Inc.
clip_image004.gif
Scott Roberts: Thank you... now can you pass this complaint on to a higher department as well?
clip_image002.gif
Ronald D: Our conversation is being recorded, and our higher department will have to look up on this matter.
clip_image004.gif
Scott Roberts: Thank you for your time Ronald and I hope that Motorola continues to produce great phone... HOWEVER with the option to remove unwanted apps after trial periods.
clip_image004.gif
Scott Roberts: Oh and will you send me a copy to my email?
clip_image002.gif
Ronald D: You're welcome, Scott.
clip_image002.gif
clip_image002.gif
Ronald D: Yes.
clip_image004.gif
Scott Roberts: Thank you.

Scott26

Reaction score
Ronald D: Hi, my name is Ronald D. How may I help you?

Scott Roberts: Hello Ronald, My name is Scott I am new to the Android system with VZW and hate how my new phone that I own has been stuffed with apps that I will never use and I can not delete.

Ronald D: I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, assuredly, i will do my best to help you.

Ronald D: Do you want to delete some of the applications that you were not using on the phone, are these applications came from the phone itself?

Scott Roberts: They came on the phone preinstalled like blockbuster and madden.

Scott Roberts: I will never use them and want to take them off to free up space on my X

Ronald D: What is the model of your phone?

Scott Roberts: DROID X

Scott Roberts: Also when we are done with this convo can you send me a copy to my email address.

Scott Roberts: ?

Ronald D: Thank you.

Ronald D: I am sorry, but as much as i can help you, there is no way we can delete the pre loaded applications on the phone.

Scott Roberts: Well with the new iPhone coming out with VZW there will be no preloaded apps on this device can you assure me that the new Bionic or other new releases from Motorola will not have this annoying issue?

Ronald D: I do apologize, but Bionic will have as well those pre loaded applications.

Scott Roberts: Well is there someone that I can voice my opinion to further on this matter since you can not help me I would like to see these great phone have the ability to remove the apps that I a paying customer do not want on my phone.

Ronald D: You can call our Customer Service Hotline, but to set expectations, they will have to tell you the same things, Scott.

Scott Roberts: What is there number?

Ronald D: For us to assist you better, please call our Motorola Android Customer Service Department at 800-734-5870 during Monday to Friday 7am till 10pm and Saturday to Sunday 9am till 6pm CST.

Scott Roberts: I think that is is pretty unreasonable that you (motorola) force me to keep apps on MY phone. With the iPhone coming out to VZW what do you think is stopping me from switching next time my upgrade comes around?

Ronald D: We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

Scott Roberts: I hope that this issue is brought to another department that can handle this stuff a little better Ronald can you assue me that this will not just be lost in other complaints? I know that this is a serious issue effecting many users of android.

Scott Roberts: And I know that if they feel as strongly as I do about this subject they will consider the iPhone next time they upgrade.

Ronald D: I know your frustrations, Scott.

Scott Roberts: Seeing as how I am still in my 30 day trail period with Verizon as well I still have the option to switch.

Scott Roberts: Now that I have got my point across I thank you for listening.

Scott Roberts: Can you send me a copy to my email... and send this complaint to a higher department?

Ronald D: You can try to contact our Global Headquarters for your complaints.

Ronald D: You can reach them at.

Ronald D: GLOBAL HEADQUARTERS

Motorola Mobility, Inc.

Scott Roberts: Thank you... now can you pass this complaint on to a higher department as well?
Ronald D: Our conversation is being recorded, and our higher department will have to look up on this matter.

Scott Roberts: Thank you for your time Ronald and I hope that Motorola continues to produce great phone... HOWEVER with the option to remove unwanted apps after trial periods.

Scott Roberts: Oh and will you send me a copy to my email?

Ronald D: You're welcome, Scott.

Ronald D: Yes.

Scott Roberts: Thank you.

Scott26

Reaction score
Can some one edit that other post with the code in it?

Thanks!

Anathema

Reaction score
This one is just too funny.

Reymer: Hi, my name is Reymer. How may I help you?
Drew A: Hi I was reading that Apple has prohibited Verizon from adding "bloatware" to the device upon sales. I was wondering if it is at all possible to remove these pre-installed applications on the droid 1 as they take up space and slow down our devices.
Reymer: Sorry Drew, we will not be able to delete preloaded applications from the phone.
Drew A: Those who bought the droid 1 were promised the RAM and Processing speeds of the device. However given that we can not remove these pre-installed applications, is that not violating the Terms and Conditions we both agreed to upon buying this device? Since it slows down the phone and takes up memory that was gaurenteed to us upon purchase.
Drew A: I was wondering if this is something that can be resolved.
Reymer: Sorry about that Drew.
Reymer: There is nothing we can do about that.
Drew A: Why is that?
Reymer: All I can offer you now is to save your incident so we can have your concern raised.
Drew A: Is this a common concern?
Reymer: No, it's not.
Drew A: May I ask why we cannot remove these applications?
Reymer: That is part of the phone's design and it was programmed not to be deleted.
Drew A: So it is apart of the phones framework?
Reymer: What do you mean?
Drew A: I guess I just don't understand what is preventing these application from being deleted
Reymer: Sorry, but we do not have specific information about that anymore.
Drew A: What do you mean?
Reymer: The specific thing that prevents these applications from being deleted.
Drew A: Oh. So it's a hardware malfuntion? Or was this pre-designed?
Reymer: It was predesigned and not a malfunction.
Drew A: Ok. This is kind of confusing to me how a company like this "does not have specific information" regarding this issue that many droid users are having problems with, and are displeased about.
Drew A: Thank you for the help though.
Reymer: You're welcome.
Reymer: Will there be anything else?
Drew A: No.

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
Dang, I'm not even going to post my convo I had with Reymer, you got a whole lot more than I got. Either way tho, +1 for the "suggestion" department about preinstalled apps.

I think they're getting tired of this, they (him, her, I dunno) didn't even give me a straight answer: "Other newer models have theses applications so the Bionic is most likely to have them as well."

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Now that its clear that motorola seems adamant on not doing anything about this, how many here are going to actually write or call the global hq? That would be the logical next step instead of bothering the live chat agents who clearly don't have any authority over this and apparently don't care either...

this live chat stuff reminds me of people going to mcdonalds and complaining about the prices...you guys are bothering the wrong people here, these are extremely low level tech support agents who probably earn like $12/hr...it's sounding more and more like a prank then anything serious.

In case you missed it:

Global HQ
Motorola Mobility, Inc.

Anathema

Reaction score
Now that its clear that motorola seems adamant on not doing anything about this, how many here are going to actually write or call the global hq? That would be the logical next step instead of bothering the live chat agents who clearly don't have any authority over this and apparently don't care either...

this live chat stuff reminds me of people going to mcdonalds and complaining about the prices...you guys are bothering the wrong people here, these are extremely low level tech support agents who probably earn like $12/hr...it's sounding more and more like a prank then anything serious.

In case you missed it:

Global HQ
Motorola Mobility, Inc.

I called them, and they hung up on me as soon as I mentioned that they have breached their contract with false information regarding the droid 1 RAM and processing speeds due to these applications that take up space and battery, which we cannot remove.

Maybe I'm just wrong in assuming that they have breached their agreements with us.