Tired of complaining about the Pre-Loaded Apps? See how to take action today!!

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
I've heard rumors that Motorola phones post-Bionic will have software on them that will ping the towers, see if you're rooted, and shut off the data connection if you are. How's that for listening to the customers? :)

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I've heard rumors that Motorola phones post-Bionic will have software on them that will ping the towers, see if you're rooted, and shut off the data connection if you are. How's that for listening to the customers? :)
what? Sounds wacky

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Sounds impossible, but it also sounds like Motorola.

Motorola -- kissing the carriers' behinds since 2010. Crapping in the end-user's mouth for the same length of time.

borealfad

Reaction score
Ceasar is hopefully getting really bored having the same conversation.
Maybe he'll do some thing about it...

Maybe not.

Ceasar: Hi, my name is Ceasar. How may I help you?
Brad: Ceasar I'm have a concern That I would like to talk about with you today.
Brad: I don't like a lot of the pre installed apps that came with my droid 2, yet there is no way for me to delete them.
Brad: What recourse do I have?
Ceasar: I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, but preloaded apps can not be uninstalled on the phone since it is embedded on the software.
Brad: I've have read that the iPhone 4 for Verizon will not come with the same bloatware that Motorola phones come with.
Brad: If I purchased this phone, why am I being forced to take software that I will never use?
Brad: And it's not embedded. We both know that.
Ceasar: I'm afraid we can't remove those preloaded apps. Even if you'll send it to our repairs department, they can not uninstall those.
Brad: Please pass my concerns to your supervisors. I will be forced to buy an Apple product if this policy does not change.
Brad: Motorola is telling me if I buy one of their cars that I have to take the winter tires and never remove them even though I live in Florida.
Ceasar: This incident will certainly be passed on to the proper department. We do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you and want to assure you that Motorola does value your feedback.
Brad: Thanks Ceasar.
Ceasar: Is there anything else?
Brad: That will be all.
Ceasar: If you need any more information get in touch. Thanks from Motorola, bye!
Ceasar has disconnected

JerseyFrankU

Reaction score
I'm thinkin'...

I'm thinkin' you fellas who are bright enough to do the voodoo that you do w/ these phones could certainly make the tower think it was talking to a toaster...

JerseyFrankU

Reaction score
Ok - but seriously folks - is someone willing to help a noob out? - with little hope any of the new 'desirable hardware' arriving soon (NE2 waiting since sept) and a rapidly failing winmo phone - i need to act - I have an op to get a used OG - which - I'm guessing could be the perfect solution -Big Red, who i have been w/ since b4 they were V - (can beg and court me,dammit) - is the service i'd prefer to stay w/...

That said, is there a way to know whether a processor has been or is close to being fried from overclocking etc?
would really appreciate any suggestions/ leads in the right direction,
Thank you,

Reaction score
Processors don't really work like that in the real world. Even if you got a droid who's processor was "almost fried" from overclocking there would be no way to know. Processors are either fried or not fried.

Also, this is the wrong place to post this question. Try the general or tech issues sections.

JerseyFrankU

Reaction score
ty

Thank you for the response and gentle admon~ hopefuly but not likely the last of my faupax(i'm just sic :)]

nowhereman

Reaction score
From my understanding motorola is actually going more open. IE the xoom that allows you to do more than the phones and isn't bricked. Thy listened

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nowhere man, please listen
you don't know what your missing
Nowhere man, Motorola, don't give a dam.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
As much as I have to admit it, its not a motorola thing its vzw calling the shots. Ultimately vzw decides what they want customers to have on the devices. We can get motorola to tell vzw that customers are complaining but in the end if vzw tells moto to put it on then moto is gonna put it on. But dont give up hope. We asking for a compromise to be allowed to remove it but that will require them to put the apps on your sdcard and not your system folder.

FreeTrader

Reaction score
I Totally Agree That our Phones Should have all the basics we need to do various things but Way too much " BloatWare " we should Deff Have the option to Delete Whatever we want to we paid good $$$ for our Phones

Ryukashin

Reaction score
"Thank you for contacting HTC concerning the pre loaded applications on your HTC Device. I have documented your request for further review. You are correct in the statement there is not an option to remove these applications. Please keep updated on the website to receive information on future software updates. You will receive a notification on your HTC Device when a software update is released."

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
As much as I have to admit it, its not a motorola thing its vzw calling the shots. Ultimately vzw decides what they want customers to have on the devices. We can get motorola to tell vzw that customers are complaining but in the end if vzw tells moto to put it on then moto is gonna put it on. But dont give up hope. We asking for a compromise to be allowed to remove it but that will require them to put the apps on your sdcard and not your system folder.

Not exactly. They can put the apps in the /data/app folder (vs. putting it in the /system/app folder like it comes) at the factory, and that will give you the ability to delete it without havingg to be rooted.

Sent from my Xoom (again, finally!!) using Tapatalk