Time to join the crowd..

DroidHoff

Reaction score
You will figure that out once you start getting into it.
For example, my phone seems to love Pete's BB ROMs but doesn't run as well on Cyans. You will figure this out as you go and try a few different ROMs.
Start with a Bugless Beast ROM and go from there. That's what I did. Waaay before you could download apps on the market to do it for you:)

I still don't understand exactly what the differences are between all these, but I will now go look through them all in there threads and read through the lists.

I read through Blackdroids and he has some really good responses compared to the others. What you think about BD?? 9.0+

I'm running BD's newest release v10 and it runs great so far. I tried Koush's Cyanogen ROM and for whatever reason it just didn't run well on my phone. I would go with either 9.8 or 10 if going with his ROM. You can get some good help with his stuff here Ultimate Droid

Did you install it using the SPRecovery update.zip or nandroid? The first time I tried Cyan I used SP because I knew how it work and was unfamiliar with Clockwork. The ROM was terrible for some reason I ran it for a day or 2 and went back to UD. Then I decided to try ROM Manager and Clockwork and downloaded it that way it was a completely new ROM. By far the smoothest for my droid available. Just sayin try Cyan using ROM Manager once and see if that helps.