Thunderbolt or ...

OP
rwaustin

rwaustin

Reaction score
Okay this is getting interesting now. I have read in several messages here account extended battery for thunderbolt. How big and bulky are the extended battery?. This constantly searching for the better mousetrap so to speak is just a crazy rabbit hole. When do you jump and when do you not? I feel like I'm getting a lot of information and support everyone thanks. So is it the thunderbolt with extended battery yes or no.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
rwaustin

rwaustin

Reaction score
I have heard that you can turn 4G off and it will default to 3G. Would doing that improve battery life that much, what is the biggest battery user in the TB and suggestions on extending it. Again how big is the darn extended super battery????.

Kid A

Reaction score
You can turn the 4G radio off via an app from the market and that should help battery life considerably. As far as the extended battery, don't ask me.

OP
rwaustin

rwaustin

Reaction score
Do you know if the 4 G comes in and out like the 3 G does. Sometimes I go from 3 to 1 and sometime none on my X.

OP
rwaustin

rwaustin

Reaction score
If you have it turned off why do you have it.?

perfoliate

Reaction score
The thunderbolt may be a 4g capable phone, but it's one awesome 3g phone as well. I don't see any reason why not to run it on 3g if you'd like to have great battery life, 3g is plenty fast for most stuff. I'd recommend it to anyone a 3g only area.

OP
rwaustin

rwaustin

Reaction score
How many of you following this thread think I should pick up a TB this wk. Or an IPhone ok (joke).

OP
rwaustin

rwaustin

Reaction score
How would you compare it with a X.?

armeddroid

Reaction score
4g/3g bounce around pending your coverage. Where I work at, it has a strong 4g coverage and at home, its only 3g.
My 4g isnt really killing my battery too badly, its the bounce that goes back and forth between 4g/3g that kills my battery.
If I toggle to 3g only, battery works great.

I would recommend the Tbolt simply cause I am loving mine.
:D

OP
rwaustin

rwaustin

Reaction score
Does the TB have a front and rear camera for Skype voice video?

alboboy10

Reaction score
Okay this is getting interesting now. I have read in several messages here account extended battery for thunderbolt. How big and bulky are the extended battery?. This constantly searching for the better mousetrap so to speak is just a crazy rabbit hole. When do you jump and when do you not? I feel like I'm getting a lot of information and support everyone thanks. So is it the thunderbolt with extended battery yes or no.

Get the big battery. Everyone tells me this bulks on the back actually looks nice on it. The normal battery will piss u off.