Updating an unactivated Thunderbolt?

Dewed

Reaction score
Is there a way to update an unactivated Thunderbolt to Gingerbread? Software Update > Check New ... doesn't work since I can't connect to Verizon.

I really like the Thunderbolt. But I'm just using it as a beefed up ipod lol. Everything works but the phone.

Thanks

klaudiadroid2

Reaction score
Is there a way to update an unactivated Thunderbolt to Gingerbread? Software Update > Check New ... doesn't work since I can't connect to Verizon.

I really like the Thunderbolt. But I'm just using it as a beefed up ipod lol. Everything works but the phone.

Thanks

try using on wifi ?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

klaudiadroid2

Reaction score

Thanks

Or if you have another Verizon smartphone ..you can call Verizon and temporary switch your num to the thunderbolt meanwhile?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
Dewed

Dewed

Reaction score
Wifi doesn't work. To get the update that is.

LowRentTechGuy

Reaction score
Its gotta be active to use the ota program, but you could download the android police 605.5 leak and just rename the file and flash via bootloader. Make sure you don't want any of the data though if you still use it via wifi.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk