Thunderbolt or ...

rwaustin

Reaction score
I have an X and a IPod. I want to go up to 4 G and my options are a bit limited. Do I go with Thunderbolt or a IPhone. Suggestions and ideas please.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Drew_P

Reaction score
Well the tb is 4G but the iPhone 4 is not, so your options are even more limited. I've had my tb since launch and have been nothing but pleased with it. Build quality is good, screen is good, stock non rooted and the battery is great (contrary to what you may have already heard) and the 4G speeds are amazing. I would recommend this phone to anyone. Oh and I'm a former iPhone user myself. Hope that helps a little. If you have anymore questions, please post.

finally thunderboltin' and lovin it!!!!!

OP
rwaustin

rwaustin

Reaction score
No but 4g and speed are impressive.

EgooEspada

Reaction score
The Droid Charge is also a really good device; hacker friendly too. But in all honesty, I'd wait till the Summer for a 4G phone. Let Verizon work out the kinks in the system and wait when the second wave of 4G LTE devices roll in. I love my Thunderbolt and 4G, but it's pretty unstable at the moment.

Sent from my ADR6400L

Googleaddict

Reaction score
Is your ipod an ipod touch? Classic? If its an itouch there's no reason to get an iPhone. I have an ipod touch 4G 32gb and a thunderbolt

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
I also have been wondering about the TB. Just last night I saw two video reviews comparing the TB and Charge. In both reviews the TB won hands down, but in the
conclusion, the Charge won???

Except for the Super AMOLED screen, they didn't like the Samsung widgets, wiz bang (I know touch wiz), and cheap plastic build. Watching over their shoulder the screen changes of the Charge was a bit laggy to me. There where more choices on the TB for customizing and more memory is brilliant. Then they pick the Charge!?!

Another review said that the Charge was Android's best 4G phone?
What am I missing? The TB even with a small battery seems like a great phone.
While the Charge is a good phone.

I guess I'm out of step again, sigh,,,

OP
rwaustin

rwaustin

Reaction score
Thanks all. After my first post I realized the Iphone was not 4 g yet. I thought about getting the charge. But somehow you just does not look very good. That is the demos I have seen. What will be the next great 4 g phone?.

wctaylor79

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have thunderbolt and loving it.. The next generation 4g poole wasn't its dual core. They wool be nice but personally I like HTC sense more then anything. Will always be an HTC person myself..

OP
rwaustin

rwaustin

Reaction score
Is that the next Bionic? I like the buttons on my X. It gets slow at times. I had how to clear the cach with a re boot but I lost it somewhere. I know this is way out of battery life but it is important to me.

armeddroid

Reaction score
The Samsung Charge in every review has NOT beaten the TBOLT. Its actually on par.
The only thing that Samsung has over the TBOLT is 2 things.
AMOLED and the battery.
And either way, AMOLED isnt that great in the sun either.
The battery is good but the CHARGE is $50 more then the TBOLT and that to me is really the only dealbreaker.
My battery on the TBOLT works just fine and I am not even rooted.
To add, the only SAMSUNG phone I would be interested in would be a VERIZON version of the Samsung SII.
Just my thoughts.

Last edited:

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
The Samsung Charge in every review has NOT beaten the TBOLT. Its actually on par.s.

I didn't say that they did, just 2 'head to head' and one 'solo' review gave the Charge the win. I don't see it and was wondering out loud what I'm missing.
Especially when you see both machines side by side. It was like watching a prize fight and at the end of it all the call the obvious looser the winner.

Glad to hear the battery isn't that bad, I remember talk of the OD's horrible battery and for me it was easy to get thought a full day. I got the extended battery and very happy. I got chargers home, work, and in the car.

Does the 'Extended Control' widget work, cuz it has a 3g-4g toggle?
Isn't 4g pulling most of the battery?