I have an Iphone but want a Thunderbolt

cttooch

Reaction score
Hello Everyone

The company i work for issued me a Iphone 4 that I have had for a few months. I really want a personal phone and have been dying to get an Android for a while. i am really interested in the Thunderbolt.

Am I crazy about thinking of getting a second phone for my personal use. I have some limitations on the Iphone so that is one of the reasons I want a personal phone

bernardino5

Reaction score
Try messing around with one don't know if u have but I love my TBolt don't c my self having anything else.

"ThuNd3rB0lT"

alboboy10

Reaction score
Hello Everyone

The company i work for issued me a Iphone 4 that I have had for a few months. I really want a personal phone and have been dying to get an Android for a while. i am really interested in the Thunderbolt.

Am I crazy about thinking of getting a second phone for my personal use. I have some limitations on the Iphone so that is one of the reasons I want a personal phone

If I had to choose between a free iphone or a paid tb I'd get the free iphone.

This is a better phone to me but if u already have a smart phone why pay extra.

what limitations do u have that bother you

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Hello Everyone

If I had to choose between a free iphone or a paid tb I'd get the free iphone.

This is a better phone to me but if u already have a smart phone why pay extra.

Agreed

10characters

1android

Reaction score
I see both sides. If I had an iphone issued, I would see no point in paying extra for a smartphone. Though it depends on what you do for work. I am in sales and get a lot of work calls, If I didn't have a smart phone, I would want a seperate phone, but since you have an iphone I would not use the money. I on the other hand do not the fincial income to support having a spare phone just because, If you do then go for it as the TB is an amazing phone.

bergzy

Reaction score
i had a first generation motorola droid then got an iphone 4.

i tried the iphone for a week and didnt like it.

why? because the iphone, for me, was an app machine rather than an actual phone for business.

the biggest shortfall of the iphone 4 is the message notification. the iphone doenst have an indicator to alert me that i have a voicemail, email, text etc. i heard (after i returned it) there is an app for it to do that.

also, the fastest the iphone could refresh was 15 minutes. how fast do you need an email? for me, i want it instant...and the droid with its 'push' technology allows my phone to alert me faster than my desktop can.

but as for carrying two phones? sheesh. smart phones do so much now.

the iphone and droid are similar in a lot of respects. if i got a free iphone and free to use...i would choose the iphone hands down.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
If your itching for Android (there's every reason in the world why you would) then go online and buy a used droid1/droidx/or droid2. That way youll be off contract so you won't feel locked down. While the thunderbolt is definitely a step up in most aspects from the phones listed above, the increase is lifechanging and if your just looking to experiment with android, I can't imagine you'll find a better phone to do that with than the Droid 1...especially with the constant development in the community (even to this day)

alboboy10

Reaction score
My friends with iphones have push email...unless they lied lol. But I did see a constant refresh rate on email in their settings.

Anyway, iphones drop a lot of calls (att at least) so obviously it's bad for business. But if ur itching for great service then get a "dumb phone"...save yourself the required data etc charges.

The tb is a better device to me though. Just need to invest some time.

cc16177

Reaction score
My company provides iPhones for free with service and phone paid for... I still pay for Verizon service and I just recently upgraded my X to a Thunderbolt.

The things I use my Droid for (voice text, navigation, and voice dialing businesses) the iPhone simply cannot do in a similar fashion, so for me I declined the free iPhone and I use my Thunderbolt instead.

It's all personal preference, but in general I would recommend a Droid over iPhone any day if you are sending multiple texts/emails a day that could be done by voice or if you drive a lot for work.

madhulekha

Reaction score
The thunderbolt runs Android which has its own App and Music store. They both do similar things, the main difference is whether you are familiar with Android or more familiar with iOS.

JRParsons

Reaction score
This sounds more like a financial decision than a device decision. Both are great devices, the Tbolt will give you much more in the way of customization, but with that comes little annoyances, that the iphone doesn't share.
Not including your base minutes plan, figure on about $500/yr. over the 2 year contract. (This includes the price of the device and the data plan)
That being said, I supplied Nextels to all of my employees (many years ago) had one for myself but still maintained my Verizon Wireless smartphone for personal use, and some business use.
Between the Iphone and Tbolt you will find some duplication in the Apps and a lot of the functions, so it may not be worth it. But if $1000 over 2 years isn't going to make or break you than the Tbolt is a really cool device.
For reference, I have a thunderbolt and my daughter and many of her friends have Iphones.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

JRParsons

Reaction score
Just realized how old this question is. That was a lot of wasted typing.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums