davros

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Project GimpSource,

is and shall be (name to be determined at a future date) my ultimate creative, source built rom. I am starting to acquire all the tools and know how to build this perfection rom. Today everything went smoothly, so far with setting up SDK and downloading the froyo source, i will move on to Ginger Bread once the source is perfected and i see roms that "work" on our devices. Don't worry my wife is up for an upgrade and she just got herself a brand (refurb) new replacement D1 and she will be giving that to me. So then I will have two D1's.

So I guess i am just letting the faithful metiCkMOD followers know that i am building this rom for you. it will be in the metiCkMOD family of stabilty and speed.

any requests, needs, wants, hearts desires, don't be afraid to ask me. I am not a reclusive, stand offish, weird-o (well maybe alittle), don't talk to me dev. I am here for us ......

lemme know what ya think and feel

:motdroidhoriz:

regkilla

Reaction score
make it Gingerbread 2.3.1 and add in low brightness leveling. also add the notification switches like wi-fi, airplane mode, and power off.

OP
davros

davros

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
soon as some working gb roms hit i will start building that , but i still havent even seen a CM GB out yet sooooo.... and personally i dont like the MIUI style notification switches, ran MIUI for a long time never once touched em. but we shall see.

removement

Reaction score
Love the simple things. Love the ad blocks, love the widget groupings, would love a reboot into recovery option.

I also did not like the notification switchers until BD put em in, honestly don't like miui, but they are helpfull if you need to make an adjustment while your in an app. Like you walk outside and need to adjust brightness setting, so instead of closing out app you can just drop the notification bar.

I will give this one a little thought. Love your 1.1 release, rocking it now!

Sent from outer space!

OP
davros

davros

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
reboot/recovery is a first priority, widget grouping is already avail in davrosMOD so it will definitely be carried over, ad blocking fo sho.

so ya simple but yet complex is who and what i am

Taco

Reaction score
+1 on that reboot recovery ...

Honestly I can live without it, these roms have run THE BEST out of all the ROMS I've run.

Keep up the amazing work!!!

pdc419

Reaction score
I think you should keep the name as is

Sent from my Sourcery using DroidForums App

eclsnowman

Reaction score
My 2cents are:

1.) Stock Theme as base, with update.zips to apply Themes (that way no one is force fed anyone elses tastes)
2.) Lockscreen music controls
3.) Notification pulldown controls
4.) If someone could make Miui's contacts.apk and phone.apk work with standard framework that would be killer (they are far more fuctional than AOSP android's version)
5.) DSP Manager under settings... or as seperate app.

If the Kernel that was is Miui 12-24-2010 works on other roms I would say use that one. Because that Miui and that kernel sips battery compared to any other Kernel/Rom combination I have ever used... and I have tried literally hundreds.

Anyway enough of my wish list. Glad to see another From Source Dev in our ranks. Best of luck.

swallisa

Reaction score
I agree, Project Gimpsource is awesome. Haha. Wait did you name it that because you're a gimp right now? lol. That's even more awesome.

It was actually named because the two dev's are both gimp!!!! Wonder who came up with that name.......hummmmm

OP
davros

davros

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
I agree, Project Gimpsource is awesome. Haha. Wait did you name it that because you're a gimp right now? lol. That's even more awesome.

It was actually named because the two dev's are both gimp!!!! Wonder who came up with that name.......hummmmm

He's correct, ooooh lookie lookiie who has some blue on them, my helper and linux guru.

We are gonna ROCK this thing and you kno that!

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
He's correct, ooooh lookie lookiie who has some blue on them, my helper and linux guru.

We are gonna ROCK this thing and you kno that!

And you are on drugs! :icon_ banana:
lol