Thoughts on custom roms, experimental project

luismanson

Reaction score
while you test can you share how you stopped the native init and started your own?

and maybe how you had built your CM rom?

dasilva333

Reaction score
while you test can you share how you stopped the native init and started your own?

and maybe how you had built your CM rom?

I agree with luis, aside from releasing the beta I think more important would be releasing a tutorial, how-to, a guide, maybe post it in this wiki:

motorola_milestone [And Developers]

Informing people how this was done will greatly help the community build on your work to allow for a variety of roms abound.

OP
M

mssmison

Reaction score
of course I'll release the information, I'm all about helping this community grow :)
I've discovered last night that there are sleep issues as well that I need to trace down and work out.

averma1

Reaction score
can't wait

looking forward to a beta release and tutorial, I wonder if this can be done on other phones without root!! could be one hell of a discovery!

Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk

OP
M

mssmison

Reaction score
one reason we're so lucky with this is because of the mot_boot_mode file, being clear on this, this is based on the idea by dext3r from alldroid before it closed, I've just expanding it a bit. Like everything that seems to happen around android these days, it was a group effort :)

looking forward to a beta release and tutorial, I wonder if this can be done on other phones without root!! could be one hell of a discovery!

Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk

antonyfl

Reaction score
great news! finally some Milestone recognition. If you make a blog for this, that would be totally awesome.. or a google code website =D

Danny

Reaction score
I dont have any programing skills but I can offer you a home should you need one.

By home I mean I am thinking about seeing up a Milestone forum as I feel devs and projects are all over the place.

If you should ever need any type of hosting then feel free to PM me.

-Danny.

aditya_t90

Reaction score
I have tons of free hosting space. Just PM me if you need bandwidth/forum/blog/graphic design/web design/anything internet related.

OP
M

mssmison

Reaction score
I am looking for someone who is familure with android to help me with 2 things.
1.) install and prove that it works :)
2.) help me work on some of the bugs.

If you are interested please let me know. Again though please only contact me about it if you know what you are doing with android, understand adb etc.

tudor73

Reaction score

If you are interested please let me know. Again though please only contact me about it if you know what you are doing with android, understand adb etc.

hello
I'm interested in testing your work on my milestone
just me explain how!
thanks

santiemanuel

Reaction score
Hi mssmison, contact me, i want to be a tester. I build scripts for automate installations like AUTO-overclock. Let me know if you need to test your build.

raimondomartire

Reaction score

hello
I'm interested in testing your work on my milestone
just me explain how!
thanks