This has to be wrong. ($20 unlimited data)

dssdevl

Reaction score
Please tell me the author of this review is incorrect. In the review he says the unlimited data plan for the Droid X is $20 a month.
If that is true, Verizon can expect a few calls from me.

Motorola Droid X smartphone a win for Android

FIXED LINK

Last edited:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Please tell me the author of this review is incorrect. In the review he says the unlimited data plan for the Droid X is $20 a month.
If that is true, Verizon can expect a few calls from me.

[URL="http://www.businessweek.com/idg/2010-06-25/motorola-droid-x-smartphone-a-win-for-android.htm[/URL]Motorola Droid X smartphone a win for Android[/URL]

He's wrong, or he made a typo. It doesn't matter what phone you have, it's 30.00 for the unlimited data plan.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
3 attempts to get to link through various attempts of fixing it, then I gave up.

No idea what if the droid x will have a different data plan but I think the plan would be the same regardless of the phone. If the plan changes it would change for all new contracts..I would think, not just one single phone.

If you want to call up because the price dropped you probably wouldn't get your current fees changed.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
it's $30 for data and an extra $20 for the hotspot feature.....nobody get upset...

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Motorola Droid X unveiled, 'made for video' | Signal Strength - CNET News

Says the same too.

The Droid X will cost $199.99 after a $100 rebate and will go on sale starting July 15. Unlike AT&T, which has switched to tiered pricing for its iPhone, Verizon said it will keep its unlimited mobile data plan for smartphones, which costs $30 a month.
The new Droid X also offers Wi-Fi hot spot capability, which allows users to connect up to five additional Wi-Fi devices to the Verizon 3G network. This feature will cost $20 extra a month for 2GB of data for the month. If users exceed the 2GB, they will pay 5 cents per megabyte.

Shoot, was so looking forward to getting upset today too:)

sic0048

Reaction score
Yup, wrong on both the umlimited prices and the tethering price. Honestly I think he got mixed up and tried to use the $20 tethering price for the data plan, and then the $.05/gb overage price for the tethering quote he gave.

So the numbers he was using were correct, but being applied to the wrong services. Perhaps he should take better notes next time. Too many abbreviations or too few notes can certainly lead to errors like that.

Reaction score
Motorola Droid X unveiled, 'made for video' | Signal Strength - CNET News

Says the same too.

The Droid X will cost $199.99 after a $100 rebate and will go on sale starting July 15. Unlike AT&T, which has switched to tiered pricing for its iPhone, Verizon said it will keep its unlimited mobile data plan for smartphones, which costs $30 a month.
The new Droid X also offers Wi-Fi hot spot capability, which allows users to connect up to five additional Wi-Fi devices to the Verizon 3G network. This feature will cost $20 extra a month for 2GB of data for the month. If users exceed the 2GB, they will pay 5 cents per megabyte.

Shoot, was so looking forward to getting upset today too:)
is this going to be more or less then a T&t or sprint)