Unlimited and 25MB Data Plans Available at Verizon Wireless Now

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Unlimited and 25MB Data Plans Available at Verizon Wireless Now
This is great news for pre-paid Verizon Wireless customers, with the carrier introducing unlimited and 25MB data options for their SIMs. Available from today in-store (or online on September 28th), the plans will only work with (most of their) 3G smartphones—which makes sense, really. The unlimited plan comes in at $30 per month, and for the 25MB plan, it's a tenner a month.

JoeeDB

Reaction score
25MB data? Who buys a smart phone to only use 25MB of data? What happens if you use up all 25MB? Will it keep going over & you pay by the MB or will it block data after 25MB? That would be so hard not to use more than 25MB data with these phones..

fish1552

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S23 Ultra
Twitter
fish1552
I bought my 12 y.o. stepson a Samsung Reality back around the beginning of August and it came with a mandatory $10 data plan (25MB). He took 2 weeks to blow that up and I'm looking at an additional $6 so far with 2 days left. So they've had the plan for at least that long.

And yes, they are charging per MB for EACH overage use. So he uses .1 MB or 1 MB & I get charged $0.20 each time.

mixtape

Reaction score
So Verizon sells phones with YouTube and Email apps (pre-installed), but expects people to be happy with 25mb? Do you realize the average non-computer-literate phone user is not going to realize that approximately 5 YouTube videos, and about half a day's worth of email/BBM/AIM, use up your entire month's data :icon_eek:.

*86eyerok*

Reaction score
I bought my 12 y.o. stepson a Samsung Reality back around the beginning of August and it came with a mandatory $10 data plan (25MB). He took 2 weeks to blow that up and I'm looking at an additional $6 so far with 2 days left. So they've had the plan for at least that long.

Funny you say that, I got my son who is 11 the same Samsung Reality but in red with the $9.99 data plan for 25mb in July not thinking and figured he wouldent use it much, boy was i wrong. My bill for the first month after was $80 dollers more. They charge you 20 cents i think for every MB you go over. So i called verizon to have them lock the phone down, meaning no more internet on the phone and what not for awhile.

mixtape

Reaction score
Funny you say that, I got my son who is 11 the same Samsung Reality but in red with the $9.99 data plan for 25mb in July not thinking and figured he wouldent use it much, boy was i wrong. My bill for the first month after was $80 dollers more. They charge you 20 cents i think for every MB you go over. So i called verizon to have them lock the phone down, meaning no more internet on the phone and what not for awhile.
If you call them and block internet/data, is the $10 charge removed from your bill?

*86eyerok*

Reaction score
If you call them and block internet/data, is the $10 charge removed from your bill?

NO. They still charge you.

*86eyerok*

Reaction score
im with you guys..25mb is a dam joke..

Your not kidding, why even bother selling that data plan. The only reason I got the 25MB is because you have to in order to get that phone. Pretty soon all the phones will be that way.

BigZig

Reaction score
25mb?????? You might as well not even get a phone with internet or ne thing all your going to do is go over the limit every month and end up paying out the wazzoo or like fish said your going to end up paying for it and not even using it. Total Big Red bs to get your money. Just pay the $30 a month and try to use every bit of the so called unlimited data ( which really is not unlimited max is 5gb but that's a lot have yet to use 5gb)