1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Unlimited Data and Grandfathering Scenario

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by C_Pate, Jun 27, 2011.

1. C_Pate

C_Pate New Member

I'm not completely clear on how the grandfathering approach is going to work, so here's the scenario, tell me if I'm right:

There's a 4-person family plan on verizon... 3 of those have unlimited data on their phones, but one does not.

The three that have unlimited data packages can make future upgrades and keep their unlimited data.

However, if the person who currently does not have an unlimited data package tries to upgrade, that person will not be eligible to upgrade to an unlimited data package (unless they do so before July 7th).

Is that correct? And if so, would you HIGHLY suggest that they do indeed upgraded before July 7th?

:) Thanks
  2. KenjiWB

KenjiWB New Member

Yes, based on everything that has been leaked etc, your assumptions are correct, and it would be best to upgrade BEFORE 7 July. Then again, there has not been an official Verizon release regarding the upcoming plans, but the information is pretty much universally accepted atm..
Search tags for this page

grandfathering approach

unlimited verizon data upgrade scenario