How to purchase T-bolt and get grandfathered in

Laur3nNewm4n

Reaction score
The 3G and 4G plans cost the same, and you do not need to sign an agreement to move from 3G to 4G if you purchase a used 4G capable phone and want to activate it. I have heard, though, that you do need to have Verizon make a change in their system to show that you're on the LTE network, but it's not a new plan or anything like that.

I'm not really sure what happens if you wait until after 7/7 to switch over to 4G. No one's sure yet.

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
What about when my contract come up for renewal in a year? Because I am an unlimited customer before 7/7 can I continue to roll my contracts over as unlimited? Or just the current contract stays unlimited and my next one goes to the new structure?

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
What about when my contract come up for renewal in a year? Because I am an unlimited customer before 7/7 can I continue to roll my contracts over as unlimited? Or just the current contract stays unlimited and my next one goes to the new structure?

Right now it states that you would be grandfathered. But they could definitely amend the rules before your renewal date a year from now. Especially with the way some of the leaked documents have been worded, saying things like "at this time".

Eiji

Reaction score
Buy a thunderbolt from best buy. There buyback plan gives you 50 percent mfr retail within six months. 300 of a bionic full retail sounds good.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
After researching for the past month, I finally bought a new phone. I had 2 eligible upgrades out of four but my number was not one of them.

I ordered online through Costco. It seems they were always the first to offer phones at a bigger discount, then the other online retailers followed suit ( Amazon, Wirefly, A-1, etc).

The biggest difference between Costco and the others is that at Costco, when you upgrade your phone, the upgrade prices always seem to be the same as new line prices instead of more and you can use your upgrade for any line.

I searched every term of service agreement on Costco's website and could not find anywhere that I would get a $250 penalty if I switched the phone to another line such as is the case with all the others. To be solidly certain I could switch the new phone to another line after purchasing, I called. The Costco representative told me that as long as I had an eligible upgrade that it did not matter what I did with the phone once I got it... that I could put it on any line I wanted including giving the phone away if I wanted. Their terms are that you have to have an eligible upgrade and sign a new 2 year contact.

Additional benefits: you have 90 days to decide if you want to return the phone and you also get a free accessory package.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums