Can I get a confirmation? 3G/4G Grandfathering

UjaasG35

Reaction score
I'm switching from AT&T to Verizon.

If I switch before July 7th and get an iPhone 4 with unlimited data plan on the 3G network, and then after July 7th, I upgrade to a 4G LTE Phone will I still be grandfathered into the $30/month unlimited EVEN though I will be switching from a 3G to a 4G LTE network?

I called a Verizon rep yesterday and they said there is no difference between 3G and 4G, and I also actually just started working for a VZW Indirect agent, but none of us have received the official tiered data plan memo yet, so we don't know.

I'm switching to Verizon from my ATT iPhone 4 and don't know if I should get the droid charge or the verizon iPhone 4.

xXGH05TXx

Reaction score
Get what u want. Personally. Android but its ur call. As for grandfathered in yes if u get the unlimited data plan and new contract u will b grandfathered in

Sent from RubiX Focused DX 2.0

BlueSami

Reaction score
Get what u want. Personally. Android but its ur call. As for grandfathered in yes if u get the unlimited data plan and new contract u will b grandfathered in

Sent from RubiX Focused DX 2.0

The bigger question is, If you don't have 4G now, will you be grandfathered in after the 7th if you get a 4G device.

I don't see any REAL conformation that big Red won't be changing their 4G plan.

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
So far everything released has said there is a "data" plan. Not a 3G plan or a 4G plan, just a data plan.

I haven't seen a single thing that says "4G plan available for this device" or anything saying 3G is a different plan than 4G, etc... All I have seen/read is that Verizon is changing it's "data plan" from unlimited to tiered.