Can I get a confirmation? 3G/4G Grandfathering

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by UjaasG35, Jun 24, 2011.

1. UjaasG35

UjaasG35 New Member

I'm switching from AT&T to Verizon.

If I switch before July 7th and get an iPhone 4 with unlimited data plan on the 3G network, and then after July 7th, I upgrade to a 4G LTE Phone will I still be grandfathered into the $30/month unlimited EVEN though I will be switching from a 3G to a 4G LTE network?

I called a Verizon rep yesterday and they said there is no difference between 3G and 4G, and I also actually just started working for a VZW Indirect agent, but none of us have received the official tiered data plan memo yet, so we don't know.

I'm switching to Verizon from my ATT iPhone 4 and don't know if I should get the droid charge or the verizon iPhone 4.
  2. xXGH05TXx

xXGH05TXx New Member

Get what u want. Personally. Android but its ur call. As for grandfathered in yes if u get the unlimited data plan and new contract u will b grandfathered in

Sent from RubiX Focused DX 2.0
  3. BlueSami

BlueSami New Member

The bigger question is, If you don't have 4G now, will you be grandfathered in after the 7th if you get a 4G device.

I don't see any REAL conformation that big Red won't be changing their 4G plan.
  4. tcrews

tcrews Premium Member Premium Member Developer

So far everything released has said there is a "data" plan. Not a 3G plan or a 4G plan, just a data plan.

I haven't seen a single thing that says "4G plan available for this device" or anything saying 3G is a different plan than 4G, etc... All I have seen/read is that Verizon is changing it's "data plan" from unlimited to tiered.
Search tags for this page

do verizon grandfathered data plans differentiate between 3g