Iphone 4 (3G) or Droid (4G)

RockXP

Reaction score
My contract is up for renewal with verizon. I have the option to get the iphone 4 with unlimited data or get a droid 4G unlimited data.

I like the iphone size right now. It's not too big or too small. When iOs 5 comes out this fall it would be great with the advance features.

As for the droid, there phones are nice but I hate the 4.3 in screen. It's just way too big.

Verizon is doing to do away with there unlimited data soon and replace it with tier pricing. I am undecided what to get. If I get the iphone 4 (ios5) i will be locked into 3G with unlimited data and when my 2 yr contract is up I will have to switch over to 4G at a higher price. If I go with Droid, I will get unlimited data and grandfather in to the system.

I dont think iphone 5 will be release this year. Iphone 4 is going to get iOs 5 this fall and no way Apple will release a new iphone 5 with iOs 5 in the same year.

What would you do?

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Considering this is droidforums.net, I imagine 95% of the people on this site would choose a droid over an iphone anyday, regardless of iOS 's new features. Its all about preference though, so your best bet is to go to the store and play with both andsee which YOU like better.

OP
R

RockXP

Reaction score
Considering this is droidforums.net, I imagine 95% of the people on this site would choose a droid over an iphone anyday, regardless of iOS 's new features. Its all about preference though, so your best bet is to go to the store and play with both andsee which YOU like better.

I have a droid for my work phone and it's okay. Never had an iphone before that that is tempting me. Are there any 4inch screen from droid to be released soon.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score

I have a droid for my work phone and it's okay. Never had an iphone before that that is tempting me. Are there any 4inch screen from droid to be released soon.

If the iphone 5 does get released it will be later this year. Seeing as AT&T is supposed to upgrade their network to LTE Q3-4 of this year. But I partially agree with you that it probably won't get released until early next year. It's really a preference thing. As the other poster mentioned, it would be best to go to the store and try both of them out, and see what you like and don't like about each one.

illmatic636

Reaction score
The only Droid with 4G capabilities right now is the Charge, so, I would say wait for either the iPhone 5 or the next 4G Droid. Hoping its Bionic of coarse.

OP
R

RockXP

Reaction score
The only Droid with 4G capabilities right now is the Charge, so, I would say wait for either the iPhone 5 or the next 4G Droid. Hoping its Bionic of coarse.

I think iphone 5 will be release till Jan. If I had to pick a phone to get grandfather into the system at unlimited data I think I would go with the Bionic.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
My wife wants to switch from the OG Droid to the IPhone - I heard rumors the 5 would be out July/August.

Also I want the Bionic - rumors says it's 4.5 inches... can that even fit in jeans?

COSam

Reaction score
I am kinda in the same situation, although I am not considering the iPhone but rather the Droid X2. I decided that I am going to wait for my ideal 4G phone to release, probably the Bionic. I decided not to get a 3G phone, even though 4G has a lot of rough edges. I just plan on having my next phone for 20-24 months and don't want to be locked into a phone with outdated capabilities.

I say, go 4G.

Reaction score
I could never give up widgets and customization for an iphone. My wife has the iphone 3g and she loves it, but then she is not a geek like me. :)

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, Iphones/Ipods do have a good purpose. I bought my son an ipod touch 2g on his 4th birthday, and my other son an ipod touch on his 3rd and my daughter an ipod touch 4g on her 8th birthday. So I am not against Apple products (unless buying for me), I think they are great for kids, always been that way. But when it comes to owning a "Smart" phone, sure Apple led the way, but Droid has made the "Genius" phone, and that is what geeks need. :)

Sethman29

Reaction score
you're all gonna think im straight out of the looney bin, i bought a thunderbolt on release day and now im leaning toward an iphone 4!! someone please slap me repeatedly to talk me out of it. i've got the extended battery for the tb just to make it like the normal battery life of another phone so my phone is huge, not to mention the case on it makes it bigger. the speaker is behind the kickstand, no where near as loud as iphone 4's or my friends motorola atrix 4g. 4g is supposed to come to my area in september i know i will like it then but all the stupid flaws with the tb, all the problems and even the build quality im starting to think the tb is a joke compared to the build of the iphone. Apple's reputation is too high to build a POS product and get away with it. with my tb i look at the power button and i say to myself, really?

sorry for the rant i used to love my phone, i just dont know what to do anymore i have so much invested in it lol. $249 for phone, $49 for seidio convert combo, $50 for extended battery.

i should just shut up suck it up and use the phone right?

ahh i just thread jacked and now i feel like a douche, let me post something related to the topic here goes....

i personally say, go with your gut! if you dont like the 4.3" screen i believe all the 4g phones have those right now, tb, revolution, and charge. so iphone would be the only one without.. good luck man!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
iPhone 5 was suppose to come out in September from what I heard but with the issues in Japan it may not.

I do believe however that it will be available early next year.

My wife has a Tbolt on her way. Unfortunately I have done what many people do and read all the negative posts. I'll probably see it this weekend and then I'll have a better idea of what it's all about.

Pmoser

Reaction score
iPhone 5 was suppose to come out in September from what I heard but with the issues in Japan it may not.

I do believe however that it will be available early next year.

My wife has a Tbolt on her way. Unfortunately I have done what many people do and read all the negative posts. I'll probably see it this weekend and then I'll have a better idea of what it's all about.

I think the thunderbolt is not good stock but with some tweaking I have seen 16 hours of use on stock battery

Sent from my rooted Droid Increidble