Unlimited and 25MB Data Plans Available at Verizon Wireless Now

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Funny you say that, I got my son who is 11 the same Samsung Reality but in red with the $9.99 data plan for 25mb in July not thinking and figured he wouldent use it much, boy was i wrong. My bill for the first month after was $80 dollers more. They charge you 20 cents i think for every MB you go over. So i called verizon to have them lock the phone down, meaning no more internet on the phone and what not for awhile.
If you call them and block internet/data, is the $10 charge removed from your bill?

NO. They still charge you.

yup. get a smartphone you pay for a smart plan, whether u use it or not

Ralffers

Reaction score
25mb?????? You might as well not even get a phone with internet or ne thing all your going to do is go over the limit every month and end up paying out the wazzoo or like fish said your going to end up paying for it and not even using it. Total Big Red bs to get your money. Just pay the $30 a month and try to use every bit of the so called unlimited data ( which really is not unlimited max is 5gb but that's a lot have yet to use 5gb)

Not true - spoke to Verizon last week, & asked specifically & directly if there was a 5 gig cap on smartphone data plans - the answer - no. It is in fact unlimited. That being said, there is a 5 & 10 gig cap on broadband internet via a wireless card for laptops, but this has nothing to do with smartphone data plans. I think most people are confusing the two.

About the original post:....25MB is a joke. I can't speak for anyone else, but I use about 1,800MB a month - that's 60+MB a day...almost 3 times the 25MB limit, daily!

Yeah - 25MB is a joke!

bnpdp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
God's Phone aka Pixel 3 XL
The 25meg is only for the "multimedia" phones like the LG env Touch, but you can get the unlimited on these phones.

Smartphones have to get the unlimited plan.

RemyL75

Reaction score
OK, MAYBE I can see the 25MB cap on a dumbphone (and that's reaching), but on a smartphone, that's insane. I use 8 times (200MB) that on a SLOW month. When I am traveling or just out of the house more in a 30-day period, it's almost triple (600MB). Imagine if I use the video streaming I am working on more (flash-based. Thank you Froyo dancedroid). I would hit 1-2GB easily. I can't see a real use for a 25MB plan, unless they are trying to trick us into paying a lot more than we should.

RemyL75

Reaction score
The 25meg is only for the "multimedia" phones like the LG env Touch, but you can get the unlimited on these phones.

Ok, that makes more sense. BUt still, I bet when those phones download songs from VZW's media services, it counts against their cap. So 5-6 songs and they are done for the month, and maybe even owing .20-40 cents.

Ralffers

Reaction score
OK, MAYBE I can see the 25MB cap on a dumbphone (and that's reaching), but on a smartphone, that's insane. I use 8 times (200MB) that on a SLOW month. When I am traveling or just out of the house more in a 30-day period, it's almost triple (600MB). Imagine if I use the video streaming I am working on more (flash-based. Thank you Froyo dancedroid). I would hit 1-2GB easily. I can't see a real use for a 25MB plan, unless they are trying to trick us into paying a lot more than we should.

So you use between 6 & 18 gigs a month? That too proves that verizon does not have the 5 gig cap that everyone keeps talking about on heir unlimited data plans.

bnpdp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
God's Phone aka Pixel 3 XL
The 25 is actually a gimmick. It is to get the "multimedia" phone users hooked on all of the good stuff so they have to upgrade to unlimited or more importantly upgrade to a smartphone.

RemyL75

Reaction score

So you use between 6 & 18 gigs a month? That too proves that verizon does not have the 5 gig cap that everyone keeps talking about on heir unlimited data plans.

No i outlined what i use in a month. 200MB on a slow month (when i am at home, I always switch to Wi-fi as 3G here SUCKS lol). 600MB when I am out and about (emails, news feeds, MMS, downloading, and even installing new ROMs when I check the forums). Once i perfect the Tversity Flash streaming, I will be using it more and then I know my averages will skyrocket to 1-2GB a month. So, no I have not even begun to push the limits of the "Unlimited" data plan. Sorry for any confusion I caused.

BigZig

Reaction score
Sorry if I was confused and posted misinformation. 25mb's is bs I am glad I have unlimited data b/c if I didn't. I would have like a $300 bill with using 3.8gb's with 7 days left untill my month ends smartphones need unlimited data plan. Little of topic b ut does this mean tired data is dead?

Ralffers

Reaction score

No i outlined what i use in a month. 200MB on a slow month (when i am at home, I always switch to Wi-fi as 3G here SUCKS lol). 600MB when I am out and about (emails, news feeds, MMS, downloading, and even installing new ROMs when I check the forums). Once i perfect the Tversity Flash streaming, I will be using it more and then I know my averages will skyrocket to 1-2GB a month. So, no I have not even begun to push the limits of the "Unlimited" data plan. Sorry for any confusion I caused.
No need to apologize. I just though you were using between 200-600MB per day. Once you start using it more though, don't worry - unlimited really does mean unlimited.

RemyL75

Reaction score
I don't think tiered data is dead, as AT&T is trying to bring it back to the forefront. But they could be a little less about trying to bleed the customers dry by setting the Caps so low. If there was a 500MB cap, I would try it out and see what's what. Even a 1-2GB cap. But setting them so low (25MB, 200MB, etc), none of their smart customers (pretty much every member of DF, and all of the other forums dedicated to android smartphones) will pick the lower options. That leaves the misinformed, which they will lead straight off the cliff and into overage charges.

fish1552

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S23 Ultra
Twitter
fish1552

Ok, that makes more sense. BUt still, I bet when those phones download songs from VZW's media services, it counts against their cap. So 5-6 songs and they are done for the month, and maybe even owing .20-40 cents.

That is what the Samsung Reality is and I think he went over the limit by only checking his email.
I'm thinking of switching his plan to the unlimited for next month. But if he only goes to $6 a month more, I might not be worth the extra $14 a month. Maybe I'll take a hit a few months and see. I check it every few days so I could catch it before it gets too bad and either disable it for the month or upgrade.

CommZod

Reaction score
there is NO way you could hit the 25mb by JUST using email. Email on the reality doesn't even do attachments. So you can get up to 100 emails per MB. Trust me most people who get the "Multimedia" phones are the ones who want a touchscreen and MIGHT do the occasional facebook. Teenagers can be a different story. But even with all the facebook you'd have to use 125mb to equal paying the cost of the Unlimited plans, which still doesn't happen that often. The people who get these phones aren't by anymeans the power users like the rest of us on here :)