Thinking about a turbo.....ballistic or not?

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
No mention of the worlds strongest syn fiber. Try and remember how to spell it without a Google.
Dyneema

TapaTurbo

MarBearCat

Reaction score
Kevlar

Let the debate begin :)
It all depends on the job the fiber is needed for. I've woven Kevlar, kevlar with wire, nylon, cotton, cotton/poly blend, polyester.

Ever see netting that's used to catch a fighter plane if the main arrestor gear fails? It isn't kevlar. It's woven nylon.

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
You know your BIG when you walk into a store and they say, "The woven nylon underwear is over there".:eek:

TurboLTE

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I went with Ballistic 32GB, Black... Couldn't be happier with it.

Sent from my QMV7B using Tapatalk

OP
E

engineboy

Reaction score
I know nylon in itself is super strong and very tough.....guess I came across like I didnt know that.....sorry.

What I was getting at is the way they attach it seemed to be a problem. I know the backing will hold up to a ton of stuff, where it had its problem is along the edges, it was like it wasnt attached along the very edge and this seems to be where the others have a problem. The edges were standing up on my other phone.

I have another 32g in blue now, seems to be fine.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
What I was getting at is the way they attach it seemed to be a problem. I know the backing will hold up to a ton of stuff, where it had its problem is along the edges, it was like it wasnt attached along the very edge and this seems to be where the others have a problem. The edges were standing up on my other phone.

Disagree. I don't think it has anything to do with how it's attached. The edges simply take the most abuse. This is where your fingers are all the time. I don't think it is a coincidence that the frays have are very close to the volume rocker, and non existent on the side that has no buttons.

Offtopic(?) Just so happened to drop my phone today. The worst fall it's taken. Not a scratch on her.