smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I had to see what all the hype was about :)...I will admit the phone seems very solid and runs nicely.

However, there are a few things that are either missing or I just haven't figured out :)...

Just like with the Z3v, I cannot edit fonts - can only change the size.
Long press of the power button does not give me a "restart" option.
Can I customize my settings toggle tab in the notification area?
I have not been able to set a different wallpaper for the lockscreen.

I picked up the Ballistic Nylon and I do like the back texture but it is in a case. The local store was sold out of the tempered glass screen protector but plan to just order that online. I am using my QI wireless charging stand with no issues.

And yes, I do still have the Z3v and I think it is probably my phone of choice right now but I plan to use the Turbo for a few days to see how it plays out.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wondered how long it would take ...

Reactions: cr6

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
All those issues you have I know no way around .. You would think they would add a reboot option. I still dont understand that . maybe we will get root and be able to add a few options like that .

OP
smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
It seems in a small way, they went backwards. I mean they are not necessarily deal breakers but is definitely odd to see those simple things missing but I can control the device with my voice :)...

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Moto hasn't given a Restart option for at least a year or more. I want to say it disappeared with ICS?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

becky.grimes.75

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I just got the turbo. Couple things that are a little irritating. I cant sort my pics into different files or make new files. I saved everything on the cloud and restored it onto the turbo and they are all out of order and in one big file under downloads. Maybe I just havent figured it out idk. Also I haven't figured out how to link my Facebook to my contacts. I have people that have the same name and with the Facebook picture it was easy to see which one I needed to contact. These are just little things if anybody else has figured these things out lemme know thanks!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I had to see what all the hype was about :)...I will admit the phone seems very solid and runs nicely.

However, there are a few things that are either missing or I just haven't figured out :)...

Just like with the Z3v, I cannot edit fonts - can only change the size.
Long press of the power button does not give me a "restart" option.
Can I customize my settings toggle tab in the notification area?
I have not been able to set a different wallpaper for the lockscreen.

I picked up the Ballistic Nylon and I do like the back texture but it is in a case. The local store was sold out of the tempered glass screen protector but plan to just order that online. I am using my QI wireless charging stand with no issues.

And yes, I do still have the Z3v and I think it is probably my phone of choice right now but I plan to use the Turbo for a few days to see how it plays out.

STG, in what app are you trying to edit the font?

Not sure what you mean by customizing the settings toggle tan in the notification area.

Yes, restart hasn't been an option for a while. Power off then power on.

Different wallpaper for the lock screen... Hmmm. Have to look into this.

OP
smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
STG, in what app are you trying to edit the font?

Not sure what you mean by customizing the settings toggle tan in the notification area.

Yes, restart hasn't been an option for a while. Power off then power on.

Different wallpaper for the lock screen... Hmmm. Have to look into this.

In system settings - display - font (you could edit size and font type - everything up to my G3 had this feature).

I haven't used Moto in quite a while I think the Maxx was my last device and TBH, I can't remember if it was there or not on it but again Sammy, LG and Sony still have this in the power menu.

As for the settings toggles - in the pull down notification area, 2nd tab is what I am referring to.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
In system settings - display - font (you could edit size and font type - everything up to my G3 had this feature).

I haven't used Moto in quite a while I think the Maxx was my last device and TBH, I can't remember if it was there or not on it but again Sammy, LG and Sony still have this in the power menu.

As for the settings toggles - in the pull down notification area, 2nd tab is what I am referring to.
I think they're going with a "less is more approach."
Probably seeing most people don't use those and removing them for space or performance improvements. Would be my guess.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7

Ahhh, must be with other phones. There are no tabs in the pull down notifications on this phone and there wasn't on my Maxx either.

OP
smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Ahhh, must be with other phones. There are no tabs in the pull down notifications on this phone and there wasn't on my Maxx either.

Sorry, didn't mean tab but the setting box in the upper right hand corner for the various settings...

OP
smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
See from the screen shot...

~sent while mobile~

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1415488914790.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1415488914790.png
    212 KB · Views: 665

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
Not sure if her mind changed, I think I remember a post it was getting returned.
Or was that someone else?
Well, just came on to see what everyone thought about it. It looks like a nice phone, but I've been happy with my iPhone 6. It has been problematic because I use it as a hotspot and if it's not an Apple product that is connected, then I have to switch to 3G; and of course VZW cannot talk and surf at the same time on 3G. Now I'm seeing that all the Turbo cannot talk and surf at the same making it a no brainer to keep my iPhone.