I picked up the Turbo...

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
Make sure you look at the paid features before making judgment.

Tap'd from my Droid Turbo
Yup. I like it. Easy to setup and I love the extra room. Might have to drop the 4 bucks so I can hide apps. I'll evaluate today and make the decision tomorrow. Thank you sir!

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Yup. I like it. Easy to setup and I love the extra room. Might have to drop the 4 bucks so I can hide apps. I'll evaluate today and make the decision tomorrow. Thank you sir!

Check out Smart Launcher 2 as well. I'm trying to decide which paid version I am gonna spring for.

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
I really miss my double tap to wake, but I didn't have that with the iPhone, so not that big of a deal.

Hey STG: We are talking about the Turbo again in your thread. Just sayin'. We're back on topic ;)

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
Posted a few screenies in the screen shot thread.

Interesting. I like the vanilla approach to version 2 and I really like the separation of the apps. I'll have to use them both today and tomorrow and see which I prefer...

Once again, thank you sir.

OP
smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I really miss my double tap to wake, but I didn't have that with the iPhone, so not that big of a deal.

Hey STG: We are talking about the Turbo again in your thread. Just sayin'. We're back on topic ;)

There is an app that you can do that with but with the Active Display, you really won't miss it LOL cause you can wake the screen with the wave of the hand :).

App - All in one Gestures - Android Apps on Google Play

OP
smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
And for an app idea which gives you your apps in a side tray - check out Appsi ( Appsi sidebar - Android Apps on Google Play ) - you can place widgets, info, and have separate screens for apps, calendar, sms / calls, etc - all can be sorted in a variety of ways..

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Atom Launcher - Android Apps on Google Play

Check out Atom, too!!!
LOVE that Launcher. Smoother and quicker then the current "darling" of the geek set (Nova).

*Disclaimer: I am actually using Nova right now ONLY because Atom will not remove the clock in the notify bar.
But when I was NOT rooted, it was Atom for me, and probably will be again if I go Turbo.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2

Smart Launcher 2 has a knock off add on. And like STG said active display will cover the on duties.

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
There is an app that you can do that with but with the Active Display, you really won't miss it LOL cause you can wake the screen with the wave of the hand :).

App - All in one Gestures - Android Apps on Google Play
Haven't been able to make it work in the lock screen. Maybe I'm missing something? It works fine when the screen is on, but not when the screen's off. I have to push the power button first. The hover isn't working at all. Of course it hasn't work since I installed Garemlin's Action Launcher.

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
I'm pretty sure it's going to be Action Launcher. I actually played around with Launcher 8 yesterday for quite a while, but it just felt wrong using Windows 8. Action Launcher does everything I want and then some. I really like the recently used on the right. So, I haven't plopped down the $4 bucks yet, but that'll probably be the one I put money on.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I'm pretty sure it's going to be Action Launcher. I actually played around with Launcher 8 yesterday for quite a while, but it just felt wrong using Windows 8. Action Launcher does everything I want and then some. I really like the recently used on the right. So, I haven't plopped down the $4 bucks yet, but that'll probably be the one I put money on.

I was waiting to see what you thought of the two I suggested. Like AL better that Smart Launcher 2??

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
Yes I did. And after replying awhile ago, I decided to drop the 4 bucks ;)

So, thanks for spending my money for me :D

I'e already cleaned up the app drawer, and made all the changes to the settings that I couldn't make until I paid. The double tap works for screen off, but I can't get it to work for screen on, even though I've got it selected. My "move toward the screen" no longer works. It's on, but hasn't worked with the launcher since I installed it. If I have to push the stupid button to turn on the screen, but get my apps and desktop setup the way I want, then I can survive :p