I picked up the Turbo...

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I have to say... If the phones didn't cooperate because they could sense I was a moto fan boy... Then my feelings are hurt.. Lol.. I tried to like the note 3..i really did..
Just like I gave Samsung a chance with the G'Nex. Three different ones over a few months. And I really wanted to like that phone since it felt so nice in the hand. And going back to try the SIII was just being a glutton for punishment. I have them a fair shake and then some.

Tap'd from my Droid Turbo

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Just like I gave Samsung a chance with the G'Nex. Three different ones over a few months. And I really wanted to like that phone since it felt so nice in the hand. And going back to try the SIII was just being a glutton for punishment. I have them a fair shake and then some.

I feel like I did too.. It just didn't work out.. Lol.. Then i tried LG.. The G3 was awesome.. But not for me..

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
STG: So, getting back on topic, do you still have the Turbo and would you consider it again, or is the Sony a better phone and you wouldn't keep the Turbo?

Garemlin: Going back off topic... I picked up an iPhone 5 because I was sick of the Android jitters and just wanted a phone that worked. I thought I came back to Droid because of the screen size, but I completely forgot what brought me back. The main reason is the hotspot. iPhone hotspots only play nicely with other Apple products. They do not work well or at all with something not made by Apple. Since wifey's work computer is and always will be Windows,my picking up the iPhone 6 is beginning to create quite a problem in my house. We carpool and she uses my hotspot daily. Since it now has to be 3G, she's unhappy. I've had to take a few calls as well which kicks her off the VPN. When she gets kicked off, she has to reboot and re-VPN in. She's not happy that I went iPhone again. That's why I'm considering a Turbo or Sony...

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
I hate to say it I am actually considering taking back my Turbo and getting a 6 Plus. I have been playing with one a few times at the VZW store and must say I am pretty impressed. Just dunno if I wanna give up the customizing ability that Android offers. But I really would like to have a better camera. My LG G2 spoiled me because it took such great pictures.
6+ was too big for me. I originally ordered a 6+, but cancelled it and picked up the 6 after seeing both in the store. The 6 takes good pictures, but I'd still say the G2 is a better camera. So, you're saying the Turbo's camera sucks?

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
6+ was too big for me. I originally ordered a 6+, but cancelled it and picked up the 6 after seeing both in the store. The 6 takes good pictures, but I'd still say the G2 is a better camera. So, you're saying the Turbo's camera sucks?

Sucks??? No. As good as the G2 or iPhone. Not even close IMO. I will learn to live with it. We still have not reached the point of having a phone that is the best of all worlds. Seems you have to give up one thing to get another.

OP
smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
@scottysize the 2 current phones I am using is the Turbo and the iPhone 6+...I like many things about the Turbo but I like the Z3v better and will be switching back to it this week at some point as my DD...however, with that said, the G3 (for me) is still one of my favorite phones and I expect it will be in my rotation of phones.

I don't think anyone can go wrong with any of the devices - G3, Z3v, Turbo - it will come down to personal preference, how the devices feels to you and what you want to get out of it.

Battery life for me all the phones are behaving consistently the same - I love the QI charging aspect of the Z3v and Turbo and am thinking of making the conversion so the G3 can charge that way as well...screens are all pretty comparable - but the Z3v is the best for outdoor viewing.

Good luck with your decision Scotty :)...

Reactions: cr6

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
@scottysize the 2 current phones I am using is the Turbo and the iPhone 6+...I like many things about the Turbo but I like the Z3v better and will be switching back to it this week at some point as my DD...however, with that said, the G3 (for me) is still one of my favorite phones and I expect it will be in my rotation of phones.

I don't think anyone can go wrong with any of the devices - G3, Z3v, Turbo - it will come down to personal preference, how the devices feels to you and what you want to get out of it.

Battery life for me all the phones are behaving consistently the same - I love the QI charging aspect of the Z3v and Turbo and am thinking of making the conversion so the G3 can charge that way as well...screens are all pretty comparable - but the Z3v is the best for outdoor viewing.

Good luck with your decision Scotty :)...
So me being a spec junkie and a fan of the Razr line, makes it really hard to go with the Sony ;) I'm going to VZW today to see them in person. I really like my iPhone 6 and wouldn't even consider a change, but you know the old saying... "Happy Wife equals a Happy Life!"

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
My wife said I couldn't have the Z3 because the screen is too small. So now I'm hoping the GSM Turbo launches so I can see it or the Note 4 wins by default.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
My wife said I couldn't have the Z3 because the screen is too small. So now I'm hoping the GSM Turbo launches so I can see it or the Note 4 wins by default.
What is the screen size on the Z3? Seemed nice site size to me.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I had just spoken to the wife over the phone and she said she thinks they showed her a compact. She has the S5 right now and she said the Z3 had a smaller screen. The Z3 and the S5 have the same screen size...5.2".

Whoever the guy at the store was, he might want to brush up on his phones. He was trying to push her towards the iPhones and she's made it pretty clear that she will never own one again.

OP
smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Yes the Z3v is 5.2...the G3 (I know not in the discussion) is 5.5...

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
And without root, you can use the Pie Control app in the Play Store - it works awesome! It is fully functioning on both the Xperia Z3v and the Turbo...
Pie control app?

Edit: Nevermind.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
G3 is less narrow than 6+..and you can use LMT pie controls...

Something about the G3...I'm not exactly sure how they did it but it is very usable one handed compared to the S5. Thinner bezel maybe? It passed my "thumb test"... the S5 did not. Still have to thumb test the Sony and the Turbo.
Thumb test: holding the phone in my right hand with the right edge in my palm, can I reach the top left with my thumb.
Still don't know what phone to get but I appreciate the banter here.
G3\Sony or Turbo on my list. Just want to see the Sony and TUrbo in person.