Theme Request.. your request I mean.

bamick823

Reaction score
Xscape...since us 2.1.0 is *supposed* to drop today are you going to have to re-do what u have done so far on the chrome theme?

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Nope. Even if I did though (like with Red and with Gold) it's not a big deal. The hard part is just making it to begin with :)

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I have all the images in the framework done minus about 20. I also have the .9.png files made, I just have to get them resigned (which id giving me greif). That's my style though.. I always find a backwards workaround that makes life easier.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
.9.png files resigned? .... is that something drawpatch does?... and why?

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Mbk beats me. Um just going by what I have seen and read.

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Now that I think about it.... themes don't recompile cause the guides are missing. So we merge them in. The same principle should hold then that I can just merge my edited ones in afterwards. Then again Google will not allow anything unsigned on the phone. I will just have to experiment tonight and see if I can't bootloop myself.

Adrioid

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Now that I think about it.... themes don't recompile cause the guides are missing. So we merge them in. The same principle should hold then that I can just merge my edited ones in afterwards. Then again Google will not allow anything unsigned on the phone. I will just have to experiment tonight and see if I can't bootloop myself.

Xkape- I think you should be able to replace the original .PNG images with the one's you are editing. I've been playing around with some of these .PNG icons in the drawable folders. Once I edit them, I drop them back into the folder. When it asks if i want to replace the icon, I click yes. I did the clock dock last night but didn't like the way it came out. I'm giving it another shot today.

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Adroid... this is absolutely true. However, the .9.png are different. They are stretchable images. You put guides on them to tell them how to stretch. Once you open them, byr byr guides. However, some, like Mbk stated and I have done, can just be made the size you want them without guides. That's how I did the contacts background in the Gold Theme. I just made it full size and left the guides off.

Adrioid

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Adroid... this is absolutely true. However, the .9.png are different. They are stretchable images. You put guides on them to tell them how to stretch. Once you open them, byr byr guides. However, some, like Mbk stated and I have done, can just be made the size you want them without guides. That's how I did the contacts background in the Gold Theme. I just made it full size and left the guides off.

LoL... rookie here :) have a lot to learn. The guides you are talking about, is that within the xml files?

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
the funny thing is that there are some images like for instance the status_bar_background.png, which in some ROMs are as small as 120x120, and is not a .9.png, yet it expands to 480x824... go figure eh??... so clearly commanded to do so by an XML... ;)

Adrioid

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
the funny thing is that there are some images like for instance the status_bar_background.png, which in some ROMs are as small as 120x120, and is not a .9.png, yet it expands to 480x824... go figure eh??... so clearly commanded to do so by an XML... ;)

All of this is very interesting... :D

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
no, it's confusing..lol the only way to learn this stuff is trial and error.