Theme Request.. your request I mean.

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I can darken it down without the grain but man... this is one hell of a process and there are 1000's of images. I can do it, it's just going to take me the better part of a month and probably around 200 hours worth of work.

Attachments

• ic_jog_dial_answer_and_hold4.png
    ic_jog_dial_answer_and_hold4.png
    5.8 KB · Views: 208
OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Although, lepro... I will say thatnks more making me delve deeper into GIMP to figure out how to do that. I learned something new.

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
ok how about this one

Attachments

• ic_jog_dial_answer_and_hold5.png
    ic_jog_dial_answer_and_hold5.png
    5.7 KB · Views: 200
Reaction score
This 1 doesn't have much punch to it. I'll say bet. 1st and 3rd. The chrome will stands out more. The white will looks more white, and the black will looks more black.

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I haven't got to that part yet. Right now I can make it like number 1 and then mess with the levels and the curve to darken it BUT, it darkens everything. When I go to select a specific region, that's when it gets grainy.

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
ballmore... sometimes stabbing your coworkers may be the better solutuion... :)

And I'm not saying that as an insult to your wallpaper. I was just making a joke that sometimes I feel like um.. not so good, we will say.. about the coworks.

Reaction score
not sure, GIMP has this kind of curves like the Photoshop.

This is called the s-curve. It makes the highlight brighter n darkens shadow, as well as saturates.

Attachments

• s curve.jpg
    s curve.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 169
OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
yeah I can't s curve, just a smooth curve or i can freehand it (which gets ugly)

ballmore

Reaction score

And I'm not saying that as an insult to your wallpaper. I was just making a joke that sometimes I feel like um.. not so good, we will say.. about the coworks.

lol I can't tell if you are cracking a joke or cracking on my wallpaper skills. lmao Sometimes I wish that we was all back in highschool so I could stuff my manager in a locker and only get suspended for it. haha.
I'm trying though as far as the wallpaper. I could easily copy other peoples work but I want to make my stuff as original as possible. :)

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
X.... the first image in your post #101 is your best shot at making a clean looking chrome theme... jmho...
and GIMP does s curves iir....

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

lol I can't tell if you are cracking a joke or cracking on my wallpaper skills. lmao Sometimes I wish that we was all back in highschool so I could stuff my manager in a locker and only get suspended for it. haha.
I'm trying though as far as the wallpaper. I could easily copy other peoples work but I want to make my stuff as original as possible. :)
\\I wouldn't ever make fun of another member. 1) No question is stupid, we have all been there. 2) You are trying to make something useful for the forumn. That takes time and effort no matter what it looks like. The fact you put forth the effort (and it does look good by the way) is more than enough to make it "worthy".