Theme Question/Help for UD 2.1

bp328i

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hello,

I just started "trying" to theme. I wanted to see if I could port a theme before diving in head first with my own. So far I have been able to port Nextheme to UD 2.1.

For the life of me can't find which png's I need to correct so the below buttons are not white on white. They pop up when using the physical keyboard and pushing ALT and the spacebar at the same time?

I have already corrected the white on white when the menu button is pushed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• CAP201011261435.jpg
    CAP201011261435.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 222

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
When you ported the theme, did you port LatinIme.apk or LatinImeGoogle.apk?

OP
bp328i

bp328i

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
When you ported the theme, did you port LatinIme.apk or LatinImeGoogle.apk?

LatinIme.apk

And your Red Glass theme is awesome....it's themes like yours that made me want to start.

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
thanks man. I appreciate that!

Yours is probably not working because UD 2.1 uses LatinImeGoogle.apk
What you would want to do is move your images from LatinIme over to LatinImeGoogle. Just move the edited ones though and not all of them.

You can't port them because the names are different. You could try renaming your LatinIme to LatinImeGoogle and then trying to port it again as well but that may still yeild white on white. Never hurts to try that though since its a lot easier.

OP
bp328i

bp328i

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

What you would want to do is move your images from LatinIme over to LatinImeGoogle. Just move the edited ones though and not all of them.

You can't port them because the names are different. You could try renaming your LatinIme to LatinImeGoogle and then trying to port it again as well but that may still yeild white on white. Never hurts to try that though since its a lot easier.

Thanks, I'm taking my wife out to dinner and then I'm going to use LatinImeGoogle to see if that works.

I was thinking it was in the framework-res.apk.

OP
bp328i

bp328i

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Well, I tried moving the images from LatinIme over to LatinImeGoogle. I get the same thing.

I was thinking it had to do with the framework-res.apk like the menu that pops up when you press the menu button on the bottom of the phone. They had white on white as well and I had to put some of the stock images back in to fix that.

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
The only image fit that is the menu_parentfill_somethingerother. Compare @d stock frame with yours one by one.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
bp328i

bp328i

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
The only image fit that is the menu_parentfill_somethingerother. Compare @d stock frame with yours one by one.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Thanks xkape for your help

Now OMG that was NOT fun....
There was 1 png out of 807 that was messing the whole thing up. The name of the png is btn_keyboard_key_trans_normal.9.

When looking at stock UD the buttons are black so I was looking for a black png. The buttons are not black, they are clear, the background is black!!! So I was looking for the wrong png!!! But in the end I found it replaced it and now the theme port is complete.

Oh yeah now I have added in a themed LatinImeGoogle.apk instead of LatinIme.apk since I started looking for the issue there.

Attachments

• CAP201011262328.jpg
    CAP201011262328.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 242
  • CAP2010112623271.jpg
    CAP2010112623271.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 200