[ports] Sense, Galaxy S and Vanilla Android for ud 2.0.0

longjohnsilver

Reaction score
I have an incredible and loved the sense/galaxy mashup - only thing I would request is that keyboard pop up letters in swype be white - the cyan colored letters are very difficult to see on the black background in my swype version 2.2.42.10369 (it does not expire like other swype versions because it was pulled from a tmobile g2 so I use that). Thanks

The themes i have posted here should not change swype in any way. You may need to go else where to get a theme for swype.
got it, hopefully somebody has themed this version...

bendystrawboy

Reaction score
do these change the lockscreen?

nm saw the answe browsing through the thread.

OP
R

Rated_R

Reaction score
Updated with metamorph for lockscreen.

Also fixed Galaxy S theme. [some images were from sense]

Kin

Reaction score
Anyone know if the dev plans on updating these for 2.1 (especially the Gala S/ Sense mashup)? Would be awesome, like these themes a lot!

OP
R

Rated_R

Reaction score
They will be updated. Possibly tonight.

Sent from the van down by the river.

OP
R

Rated_R

Reaction score
Ok everyone. Themes are ported but I have an issue I cannot solve.

If you are on your home screen and you hit your menu button, a box will slide up with 6 buttons on it. Add/wallpaper/search/edit/settings/pref

On the stock UD theme the background is dark so that the white text shows up. All of the themes I have ported change this background to white which makes the text on these buttons unreadable. I looked through the image sets and I am not sure which png file does this. If any one knows what I need to change to fix this please let me know so I can get these updated.

eclsnowman

Reaction score

If you are on your home screen and you hit your menu button, a box will slide up with 6 buttons on it. Add/wallpaper/search/edit/settings/pref

On the stock UD theme the background is dark so that the white text shows up. All of the themes I have ported change this background to white which makes the text on these buttons unreadable. I looked through the image sets and I am not sure which png file does this. If any one knows what I need to change to fix this please let me know so I can get these updated.

I had the same problem that I couldn't solve when I tried to port my Galaxy S them over. Most of my theming so far has been with photoshoping png's, swaping xml's from other roms, and ninjamorph. I know I now have to learn apktool decompiling / (layout/xml editing) / and some other stuff.

To be honest I just switched to LFY ever since TUD 1.0 because the lockscreen and xmls. If you figure it out let me know how it's done. I am running 2.1.0 default theme right now for fun, but I will just never dig this dark of a theme, Galaxy S is just too nice a balance between blue gray and white. It's soo damn classy.

luthi3n

Reaction score
Love the Galaxy S theme but I haven't seen this version of it (just the framework or whatever). By framework is it literally just the top notification bar and nothing else that is themed? Would anyone be willing to take a few screenshots of it?

WishRyder

Reaction score
So far, the few 2.1.0 themes I've tried all have the white text/white background issue, and silly me didn't backup before applying it. Since the Galaxy Sense Mashup is my favorite theme out there, I say post it with a warning and let me at it!

OP
R

Rated_R

Reaction score
Themes updated and posted. Still have white text issue. Will be updated when I figure out how.

Added UD 2.1 stock theme.

OP
R

Rated_R

Reaction score
Well just like with my original Moto Droid I have tested many different roms on my Incredible. I have been on the UD bandwagon since the controversial UD10. UD had always been the most stable and fastest rom on my Moto Droid. BD then made the jump and ventured out to different devices. I was thrilled as I was getting an Incredible. During my testing of different roms I decided that I did not like sense, so I have been bouncing back and forth between UD and CM. UD 1.0, 2.0, and 2.1 all had great potential but did not like my Incredible at all. Even after complete wipes with nothing added when I would lock it the rom would reboot the phone. 90% of the time. So as it appears that UD was the best for MY droid, it would appear that CM is going to work the best on MY Incredible. Notce the bold "MY" this is no reflection on either UD or CM, its just that we all know some phones like some roms better than others. Every device is different. I still recommend UD to everyone. Try it for your self.

This leads me to these themes. I will continue to update these themes as new versions of UD come out. Cause you know d*mn well I will flash every version that UD puts out. But if anyone wants to step up and take over updating these theme feel free to send me a pm about it.

luigi90210

Reaction score
Please read before flashing.

[11-25-10]

i am also wondering how to fix this for my themes