[Theme] 928Droid Black Glass X for Droid X !!!

Johnnysyeah

Reaction score
My notification area is so dark, I have no clue why.
I tried changing the wallpaper to see if that would affect anything, but it stays the same.

screenshot_2.png

kdkinc

Reaction score
"Johnnysyeah"

"My notification area is so dark, I have no clue why.
I tried changing the wallpaper to see if that would affect anything, but it stays the same."

You have changed the Eye to blue. Maybe thats also changing the color of the notifications????

caspar.chan

Reaction score
"Johnnysyeah"

I tried changing the wallpaper to see if that would affect anything, but it stays the same."

You have changed the Eye to blue. Maybe thats also changing the color of the notifications????

the 928 website is down.

kdkinc

Reaction score
"Johnnysyeah"

the 928 website is down.
[/QUOT

main page downloads seem to work fine....

Last edited:
OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
I also noticed after doing the 'back to stock' reset that the facebook and twitter apps are still themed. I deleted via root explorer and tried to download the main one from the market but it won't let me install. Anyone know how to get the app? It is not a big deal as I don't really use facebook or twitter.

Since the original Stock software didn't Include Twitter or Facebook apps, the Back to Stock will not replace them.

I could have the Back to Stock zip delete those, but some may not be so happy about that, and those being there will not interfere with future OTA updates from Moto...so they are untouched by my Back to Stock Update.

If you want to get rid of them, you can use Titanium Backup to uninstall them, or Root Explorer to delete them (look in system/app).

If you don't have at least one of those app...well, ya ain't much of a Rooter dude ... Ha, Ha,..J/k. But seriously those are must have apps for a Rooted phone.

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
My notification area is so dark, I have no clue why.
I tried changing the wallpaper to see if that would affect anything, but it stays the same.

#1 - When my Theme has been modified it does make it harder for me to troubleshoot. Especially when I know things like services.jar and framework-res.apk has been modified as they are the heart of the system files.

#2 - From your Screen shot those notifications are from Market apps, not system apps. I would bet that all the apps included in my Theme do show up with white text in the noitifications (unless related to #1 above).

Unfortunately some Market apps do not read from the framework for the text colors used for notifications. This can be fixed by the Market app developer if you can get them to do it, or you can do it yourself by modifying one or more files in res/layout folder of the apk. There are a few good threads about how to do that, the best one is this one and has the information you will need. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/thebowers/64994-theming-guide-changing-system-text-settings.html

I am sure you are thinking why don't I do it.... well with the almost 100,000 apps in the Market, PLUS all the updates of each one (each one will have to be fixed again with each app update)..it would take an army of people to do that. Even if I just picked the 10 most popular Market apps , just doing those and keeping up with the updates would take most of my free time. Plus, if the Developer of each app would fix it, they would have to do it just once....5 minutes for them....or the rest of my life for me trying to keep up with it...pretty easy choice for me :)

manong

Reaction score
hey 928droid.

first time poster long time reader on this site. so ive been reading some of the posts on here and i dont really find anyone thats having the same problem as i am. im tryin to install your theme but i get boot looped in the beginning (itll go to the eye but then itll get stuck on the "droid" screen). here are the steps that im taking

bootstrap
recovery reboot
backup
install from sd then your theme
reboot.

i have a droid x
rooted
froyo 2.2 (dont know which build tho).

im kind of a newb when it comes to the android game (my other phone is an iphone 3gs :|) so just keep that in mind :)...

thanks in advanced for your help

kdkinc

Reaction score
hey 928droid.

first time poster long time reader on this site. so ive been reading some of the posts on here and i dont really find anyone thats having the same problem as i am. im tryin to install your theme but i get boot looped in the beginning (itll go to the eye but then itll get stuck on the "droid" screen). here are the steps that im taking

bootstrap
recovery reboot
backup
install from sd then your theme
reboot.

i have a droid x
rooted
froyo 2.2 (dont know which build tho).

im kind of a newb when it comes to the android game (my other phone is an iphone 3gs :|) so just keep that in mind :)...

thanks in advanced for your help

Are you using the newer version of the Koush Bootstrap ?? I read that the original version needed to be updated that these type of result can happen.
You probably have the newer one but just thought I would ask ...
:icon_eek::icon_eek:

manong

Reaction score
so is mine not the good version?

edit: so i went and grabbed the version of koush's bootstrap from the market. re-did the whole process of installing the theme and still i get boot looped. :(...i know i followed all the steps. maybe its because im running other third party apps? well not apps but just app? i am running Launcherpro. does that affect anything?

Last edited:

kdkinc

Reaction score

I really have know way of telling what you have...sorry
You might need to do a Factory reset sound like you messed thing up a bit.
Also perhaps you better do a little more preparation before you start messing with the themes and what not.
Koush bootstrap app is one of the tools you'll need before you do anything !!!

kdkinc

Reaction score

edit: so i went and grabbed the version of koush's bootstrap from the market. re-did the whole process of installing the theme and still i get boot looped. :(...i know i followed all the steps. maybe its because im running other third party apps? well not apps but just app? i am running Launcherpro. does that affect anything?

I had no issue with Lp+.
Had you done a battery pull I'm sure you must have.
I Also tried Trangulity theme and had to do a full recovery using the backup in the bootstrap folder.
-:icon_eek::icon_eek:

manong

Reaction score
yeah after i rooted, the bootstrap is the first thing that i grabbed. that thing is a god send. hahah. ive done battery pulls and what not. still nothing :(. would a full recovery be my only option?

kdkinc

Reaction score
yeah after i rooted, the bootstrap is the first thing that i grabbed. that thing is a god send. hahah. ive done battery pulls and what not. still nothing :(. would a full recovery be my only option?

Maybe??? you may have a bad recovery file in Koush recovery. What I mean is you carried your problem to the koush recovery folder.
See if anyone else chimes in before you do the 2.2 sbf at
Home link to rootwiki for sbf file and how to.