[Theme] 928Droid Black Glass X for Droid X !!!

hacku

Reaction score
No that won't work, you will still have all the odex files in place and it will casue issues.

Flash the DeOdexEERR, this will properly DeOdex your phone, delete the correct files, and install my theme.. THEN you can use the DeOdexed Back to Stock to remove my Theme and have a Stock DeOdexed ROM.

That makes sense. Glad I asked before doing anything. Thanks...

mikehen08

Reaction score
I had Stock 2.2 for the Droid X, rooted. Installed Black Glass X DeOdexEERR ! and now my battery manager for closes when I try to click on it.

So I restored my backup, and now it is still force closing.... Ideas???

Curious when you say "stock" 2.2 , do you mean the Official OTA update, or one of the 3 leaks? (2.3.15, 2.3.13, 2.3.9)

You symptoms sound like a data mismatch from different app versions. Very common.. from the home page Menu>Settings>Applications>Manage Applications select "All" scroll down and find "Battery Manager" tap to open and press the "Clear Date" button and clear all the data. Reboot and see if that fixes it.

FYI, this is always the first step to try when you are having FCs with any app, especially after an upgrade or downgrade.

Sorry, I meant the Official OTA.... I did that and I'm still getting the same force close.

Thanks

I am getting the force close as well. Rooted 2.2 OTA

technique

Reaction score
Is there a way to view the home screen in landscape mode? I get notifications sometimes that are too long to view in portrait mode. I thought froyo added landscape mode?

I am using the stock launcher.

nmtuna

Reaction score
Corporate Mail & Battery Manager

Ok, so I just noticed that all day I haven't gotten any corporate mail updates. I have data push setup, and all day I haven't gotten any updates unless open email and click the refresh button. I've cleared Data, and even removed and re-added my account info.

I'm still having issues with a force close on the Battery Manager, I've cleared data and rebooted and still the same.

hacku

Reaction score
Curious when you say "stock" 2.2 , do you mean the Official OTA update, or one of the 3 leaks? (2.3.15, 2.3.13, 2.3.9)

You symptoms sound like a data mismatch from different app versions. Very common.. from the home page Menu>Settings>Applications>Manage Applications select "All" scroll down and find "Battery Manager" tap to open and press the "Clear Date" button and clear all the data. Reboot and see if that fixes it.

FYI, this is always the first step to try when you are having FCs with any app, especially after an upgrade or downgrade.

Sorry, I meant the Official OTA.... I did that and I'm still getting the same force close.

Thanks

I am getting the force close as well. Rooted 2.2 OTA

I just checked mine out and have the same problem and I'm only rooted, not themed yet. So it doesn't look like it has anything to do with 928Droid's themes. Must have something to do with root I guess.

kdkinc

Reaction score
Ok, so I just noticed that all day I haven't gotten any corporate mail updates. I have data push setup, and all day I haven't gotten any updates unless open email and click the refresh button. I've cleared Data, and even removed and re-added my account info.

I'm still having issues with a force close on the Battery Manager, I've cleared data and rebooted and still the same.

I Had the same Battery app issue but some how I fixed it.:icon_eek::icon_eek:
I did a clear cache with app MGR ,no change to issue.
I had deleted and reapplied my widgets ,no change to issue.
Battery pull,reboot,swore at it,no change to issue.

The main changes I did was I did THE EXCELLENT Swype update and I went for the NEW Google maps 4.51.

Maybe somewhere in this mini rant is a fix???
:):)

This theme rocksdancedroiddancedroid

mikehen08

Reaction score

I Had the same Battery app issue but some how I fixed it.:icon_eek::icon_eek:
I did a clear cache with app MGR ,no change to issue.
I had deleted and reapplied my widgets ,no change to issue.
Battery pull,reboot,swore at it,no change to issue.

The main changes I did was I did THE EXCELLENT Swype update and I went for the NEW Google maps 4.51.

Maybe somewhere in this mini rant is a fix???
:):)

This theme rocksdancedroiddancedroid

Well I just checked mine and now it works. The only change I made was the Google Maps update as well. Thats very odd. I also had an update for Twitter but the install was unsuccessful. When I enter in my credentials, select dont sync data, and hit done, it just takes me back to the login screen. I havent tried any troubleshooting yet, just figured i would mention it

j00fek

Reaction score
how do you set the action buttons, after the theme flash i have browser on the left and nothing on the right.

thnx

Ritzie

Reaction score
Is it me or is the picture frame plus widget centered (when a picture is selected)? Also I have to reset the widget every time I reboot. Oh I'm using the deodexxer.

edit Disregard looks like it might be something with launcher pro went back to blur and it looks fine

Last edited:

hacku

Reaction score
Just got the chance to use your 928DroidBlackGlassX-DroidX-OTA2315-DeOdexEERR-THEME file and it worked like a charm.

I also used the 928Droid-BackToStock-DroidX22-OTA-DeOdexed file since I've been working on my own personal theme and wanted to start out fresh.

Everything went fine, but I did notice a couple of things when reverting back to stock:

1. For some reason it sets up Swype as the default keyboard although I had the multitouch keyboard setup as default
2. Your Facebook app remains in /system/app and it needs to be manually deleted via RootExplorer in order to use the stock one
3. Same thing as above but with the Twitter app

Everything else seems to be back to stock as far as I can tell. If I find anything else out of place I'll be sure to give you a heads up.

Great job by the way! :D

kdkinc

Reaction score
Just got the chance to use your 928DroidBlackGlassX-DroidX-OTA2315-DeOdexEERR-THEME file and it worked like a charm.

I also used the 928Droid-BackToStock-DroidX22-OTA-DeOdexed file since I've been working on my own personal theme and wanted to start out fresh.

Everything went fine, but I did notice a couple of things when reverting back to stock:

1. For some reason it sets up Swype as the default keyboard although I had the multitouch keyboard setup as default
2. Your Facebook app remains in /system/app and it needs to be manually deleted via RootExplorer in order to use the stock one
3. Same thing as above but with the Twitter app

Everything else seems to be back to stock as far as I can tell. If I find anything else out of place I'll be sure to give you a heads up.

Great job by the way! :D

So what your saying is that the "Back to Stock" theme brings the phone Back to its original out of the box state but with Deodexed files....interesting.
:icon_eek::icon_eek: