928Droid Black Glass X Droid X OTA2315 DeOdexEERR Theme - DeOdex and Theme w/1 Zip!!

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
928DroidBlackGlassX-DROIDX-logo.jpg

NEW! 928Droid Black Glass X DeOdexEERR Theme for Official OTA v2.3.15

• NEW!! - 928Droid Black Glass X OTA2315 DeOdexEERR Theme ZIP!
    • My new DeOdexEERR will DeOdex your Stock(or Themed) Odexed OTA 2.3.15 System, Install the BGX OTA2315 DeOdexed Theme AND Delete all the odex files!!
    • One New Simple Solution for most Droid X'rs biggest Headache.
    • Does not effect Root or any other system files etc.
    • No Extra Mounting, or any other steps needed, Install like any other Theme Zip, just one simple step!
    • Enjoy! :)
Details and Download in the Main Black Glass X for Droid X Thread : http://www.droidforums.net/forum/928droid/69199-theme-928droid-black-glass-x-droid-x.html

928Droid DeOdexEERR Versions for Droid 2 and Droid 1 coming soon! :)

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Website is down currently due to Droid-Life article and resulting traffic...

But open Astro File Manger (get it in Market free) then menu>more>preferences scroll down to Allow Browser Downloads and check it. Exit Astro and it will work.

screwby

Reaction score
Wow! I installed this theme on my X last night and it worked flawlessly...and it is saaaweeeet! Thank you for all your hard work in putting this together and making it simple for folks like me, great job, I fell in love with my X all over again!

Ballard

Reaction score
i need help with the black glass theme easy deodex...when i choose "yes" to install in recovery it takes me to the next screen and it just stays there and it says "installing update..." and i left it there for 15 mins and nothing happened..tried it about 10 times.. wondering what im doing wrong?

*EDIT* all i had to do was download the .zip to my actual phone instead of my laptop then transferring to phone.

ytsud

Reaction score
Works great!

Just wanted to thank you guys for doing all the work. I'm a noobie with an X. I now have OTA 2.2, Root, and now DeOdex with Black Glass Theme. Love the bright icons and the very black black. Only thing I had to do on my own was press the power button after the Bootstrapper was finished to get to the "reboot" menu, then I did a battery pull after the droid eye refused to turn into the word "Droid". I've rebooted since and all is well. I took the liberty of saving the return to stock w/DeOdex so I can change themes at some time in the future. Left you a little gift at the PayPal store.
Tom R...........

RnD_Solo

Reaction score
hey guys..sorry ive been away a while, i bet ive missed a ton. im still running the leaked version ( and its works fine) but is there anyway i can go directly to the over the air update with this them installed, without sbf'ing my phone back to stock??? in other words...does this file include EVERYTHING to go to ota 2.2 or what?
thanks

kdkinc

Reaction score
hey guys..sorry ive been away a while, i bet ive missed a ton. im still running the leaked version ( and its works fine) but is there anyway i can go directly to the over the air update with this them installed, without sbf'ing my phone back to stock??? in other words...does this file include EVERYTHING to go to ota 2.2 or what?
thanks

I believe I read that the OTA also had a fix for the phone portion of the phone .
This theme won't to my knowledge address that.
I would suggest that if your going to want OTA then go all the way to hopefully get the best effect.

My $.02....
:icon_eek::icon_eek:

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
thanks

I believe I read that the OTA also had a fix for the phone portion of the phone .
This theme won't to my knowledge address that.
I would suggest that if your going to want OTA then go all the way to hopefully get the best effect.

My $.02....

AMEN, the ONLY way to get a true OTA update..is to go back to 2.1 and get the OTA update...then go from there.

AND, I highly recommend you do so.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Droid X, 2.2 Official OTA, rooted and have multiple backups.

Hey guys and possibly girls:)

Do I wipe system and cache before installing this 928DroidBlackGlassX-DroidX-OTA2315-DeOdexEERR-THEME?

And I've tried to open the META for instructions and can't find a text file. I have read soooo many posts trying to get this.

I know its simple too.

Thanks!!!

djsiva

Reaction score
So, is it really as easy as installing the zip via recovery, then booting up and deleting the .odex files from the folders? Or, do I have to use ADB to delete the .odex files?

Thanks!

kdkinc

Reaction score
Droid X, 2.2 Official OTA, rooted and have multiple backups.

Hey guys and possibly girls:)

Do I wipe system and cache before installing this 928DroidBlackGlassX-DroidX-OTA2315-DeOdexEERR-THEME?

And I've tried to open the META for instructions and can't find a text file. I have read soooo many posts trying to get this.

I know its simple too.

Thanks!!!

Use Koush's Bootstrap recovery in the Android Market to apply theme .
Post 1 has everything you need in this thread.
The Tool makes it very easy. Let The Tool do a recovery image first before you do anything

kdkinc

Reaction score
So, is it really as easy as installing the zip via recovery, then booting up and deleting the .odex files from the folders? Or, do I have to use ADB to delete the .odex files?

Thanks!

Post 1 has all the info read carefully.
The theme does it all ITS a BREEZE Use Koush's tool....