[Theme] 928Droid Black Glass X for Droid X !!!

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
928Droid Black Glass X for the Droid X
THEME/UPDATE ZIPs - Back to Stock ZIPs - DeOdexEERR ZIPs

• IMPORTANT NOTICE:
  • The 928Droid Black Glass Themes are NOT to be Modified, Released, Distributed or Uploaded to ANY other Websites, Forums, OR made available via any Market or 3rd Party apps (including all "Rom Managers") without permission.
    [*]IF any Developers or Individuals would like to use all or part of my Theme in their ROM, or Port it to another ROM/Phone, please send me a PM to discusss FIRST, thanks!
    [*]Please link to this thread ONLY, do not post or link to the direct Download links in this Thread. They are subject to change at any time without notice and will only cause confusion for the Droid Owners by possibly getting an older or corrupt version.
    [*]
    Why this Notice? Because as most know I update and enchance my Themes OFTEN... If my Themes are scattered all over the place in ROMs or uploaded and linked to other Downloads I cannot support it properly, and keep fellow Droiders up to date with the frequent enhancements I offer. By having my Theme files in one place YOU are assured to always have the latest and greatest versions of 928Droid Black Glass!! ENJOY!

• [*]928DROID THEME UPDATE ZIP FAQ:
    • My Theme update.zips are just that, Themes, they are NOT complete ROMs. The Update Zips here ONLY include the Themed Apps (apk files) listed below, period!
      [*]You MUST install the Complete ROM you want from elsewhere FIRST(if not using Stock ROM)...there are NO ROMs in this Thread, only Themes for ROMs.
      [*]Once you install the ROM of your choice from whichever ROM Developer (again, not here) , let it update all apps, etc and use it for a day or so to make sure it is stable BEFORE installing any of my Themes. A lot of the times the Problems you encounter are with the ROM, not my Themes!
      [*]My Themes only change the Image files of the apps included in the Theme Update.zips (with the exception of a few XML files related to the Status Bar / Notification Pull Pown).
      [*]Unless Noted in the App List below or under each Theme Update Description, the apps used are the exact same files included in the ROM you are using, with just different colored images... So saying you have problems after installing my Theme Update is usually incorrect.. hence the reason above for using the ROM for a few days before applying my Theme to find the "issues" of a particular ROM. Make SURE you have a STABLE ROM Installation before using anyone's Themes!
      [*]You MUST Chose the Theme Update.zip Download below that MATCHES the Andorid VERSION or ROM you are using. For Example, using a Sapphire Theme Update on a Cyanogen ROM or using a 2.1 Theme File on Froyo 2.2 just ain't gonna work right!!
      [*]PLEASE Read the Paragraph Description for Each Download CAREFULLY....For example, if it says "For Simply Stunning v4.4 ONLY:"... that is exactly what it means, using it on any other ROM will give you problems!
      [*]IF you are unsure which of my Theme Update.zips to use, please ask in this Thread (and Include the name of the ROM you are using), BEFORE trying to install or even Download anything from here!
      [*]ODEXED ROM or DEODEXED ROM??? - You must know this before selecting a Theme for your "Stock" Android ROM.
      • The only way to know for sure is to look at the files in your system/app and system/framework folders. If you have files in there with the file extension of ".odex" then you you have an Odexed ROM,.. IF there are NO ".odex" files then you have a DeOdexed ROM.
      [*]You Install my Droid X Theme Update.zips with Clockwork Recovery (via Droid X BootStrapperapp) or ROM Manager AFTER you copy it to the root (main) directory of your Phone's SDcard...it is best to rename it to update.zip once there for easiest install.
      [*]
      Please do a search in this Forum if you are unfamiliar with Update.zip theming. Basically rename the files to update.zip (optional), put them on the root of your SDcard, boot into ClockWorkMod Recovery and apply the Update.zip following the screen prompts.
    • Don't FORGET to do a full Nandroid backup before applying these Themes!! You have been warned, and I take no responsibilty for any negative impact to your Droid!!
  • IF you follow these simple guidelines and learn the basics of Update.zip Theming, you can then ENJOY the New 928Droid Black Glass X "Droidness" ..without any drama (or Boot Loops :) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • OH, and YES, you will have to have a ROOTED Droid X to install this theme.
11932d1279381130-droid-holster-compatability-black-glass-divider-large.png

UPDATE ZIP Theme - 928Droid Black Glass X for the Motorola Droid X

928DroidBlackGlassX-DROIDX-logo.jpg

• New Releases:
    • 09/16/10 - NEW!! - 928Droid Black Glass X OTA2315 DeOdexEERR Theme!!
      • Yep, my new DeOdexEERR will DeOdex your Stock(or Themed) Odexed OTA 2.3.15 System, Install the OTA2315 DeOdexed Theme AND Delete all the odex files!!
      • One New Simple Solution for most Droid X'rs biggest Headache.
      • Does not effect Root or any other system files etc.
      • No Extra Mounting, or any other steps needed, Install like any other Theme Zip, just one simple step!
      • Enjoy! :)

[*]09/25/10 - NEW! 928Droid Black Glass X "OTA2315" Theme for Official OTA 2.3.15 ODEXED AND DEODEXED Released!
      • Both Themes made from Stock Original OTA 2.3.15 files!
      • Fully Png-Optimized, Zip-Aligned and Compressed
      • Includes Facebook Notification White Text fix and Accounts fix.
    • 09/25/10 - NEW! 928Droid "BACK TO STOCK" for Official OTA 2.3.15 Odexed AND DeOdexed Released!
      • Includes ALL Original OTA 2.3.15 files in the system/app and system/framework folders..PLUS the stock OTA Build.prop!
      • Does NOT remove ROOT or Busybox.
      • Perfect for getting back to fresh Original files after Theming
      • Odexed Version is also great for getting back to Virgin Stock to receive future OTA updates or returning the phone for replacement (may require manually moving or removing "Root files")
    • 09/22/10 - 928Droid Black Glass X for Droid X Official OTA Froyo 2.2 v2.3.15 Odexed AND DeOdexed Released!
      • Fully PNG-Optimized, Zip-Aligned and Compressed!
      • Saves up to 15mb of space in the system area as compared to previous versions!
      • Includes the latest Gmail v2.3, Maps v4.5 and all the latest Google Voice and Google Search apps.
      • Also the latest ADW Launcher v1.1.5 update/patch is installed in the sdcard/928droid folder for optional use.
    • 09/09/10 - www.928droid.com Download Server ONLINE!!!
      • Now get all Droid X Files in one easy to use location (link below)
Theming of these Stock apps/files are included in the 928Droid "Black Glass" X Theme:
    • AccountAndSyncSettings.apk
      [*]ArcPhotoworkshop.apk
      [*]ArcVideoEditorLite.apk
      [*]BackupAssistanceClient.apk
      [*]Bluetooth.apk
      [*]BlurAlarmClock.apk
      [*]BlurCalendar.apk
      [*]BlurCalendarProvider.apk
      [*]BlurCamera.apk
      [*]BlurContacts.apk
      [*]BlurEmail.apk
      [*]BlurHome.apk
      • 928Droid "DroidDoes X" Custom Wallpaper added in app
      [*]BlurPhone.apk
      [*]Browser.apk
      [*]Calculator.apk
      [*]CarDock.apk
      [*]ClockWidget.apk
      [*]cmas.apk
      [*]Conversations.apk
      [*]D2.apk - Droid 2 LiveWallpaper
      [*]DatamanagerApp.apk
      [*]DLNA.apk
      [*]Dock.apk
      [*]DownloadProvider.apk
      [*]EnhancedGoogleSearchProvider.apk
      [*]FileManager.apk
      [*]FMRadio.apk
      [*]Fota.apk
      [*]FriendFeed.apk
      [*]GenieWidget.apk
      [*]GlobalSearch.apk
      [*]Gmail.apk v2.3
      [*]GoogleApps.apk
      [*]GoogleSearch.apk
      [*]HomeSyncWizard.apk
      [*]LatinIME.apk
      [*]LiveWallpapers.apk - 928Droid Edition with 13 LiveWallpapers
      [*]LiveWallpapersPicker.apk
      [*]Location.apk
      [*]MediaGallery.apk
      [*]MediaProvider.apk
      [*]MediaSync.apk
      [*]MediaUploader.apk
      [*]MessagesWidget.apk
      [*]MotoGAL.apk
      [*]Music.apk
      [*]Mynet.apk
      [*]NewsWidget.apk
      [*]oma1motService.apk
      [*]PackageInstaller.apk
      [*]PhotoWidget.apk
      [*]Protips.apk
      [*]QuickContactWidget.apk
      [*]QuickOffice.apk
      [*]Settings.apk
      [*]Setup.apk
      [*]SetupWizard.apk
      [*]SocialMessaging.apk
      [*]SocialShare.apk
      [*]SoundRecorder.apk
      [*]StatusWidget.apk
      [*]StickyNoteWidget.apk
      [*]SyncMLApp.apk
      [*]Talk.apk
      [*]ToggleWidgets.apk
      [*]Vending.apk
      [*]VideoPlayer.apk
      [*]VoiceCommands.apk
      [*]VoiceSearch.apk
      [*]VpnServices.apk
      [*]WeatherWidget.apk
      [*]YouTube.apk
      [*]framework-res.apk
      [*]blur-res.apk
      [*]services.jar
      [*]
  • 'PLUS, ..The Following Black Glass Themed Market/3RD Party apps!
      • Note: All of these apps are installed in the system/app folder.
    • Facebook.apk – 928Droid "Black Edition"(Inverted) Version 1.3.1
      • Credit to TheBowers for the "Inversion"(images by 928Droid)
        [*]
        Uninstall Market Version first if installed
    • Maps.apk– New 4.5 version
      • Uninstall Market Version first if installed
    • org.adw.launcher.apk "ADW Launcher" v1.1.5
      • Installed separately with Patch/Update.zip
      • Uninstall Market Version first if installed.
      • 928Droid "DroidDoes X" Custom Wallpaper added in app.

[*]NEW! 928Droid "TwitterDOES" Black Edition Twitter app with Droid X Eye Animations and scrolling "DroidDoes" Logo!
      • Must see it to believe it!
      • Screen caps and Video in Post #3 below.

928DroidBlackGlassX-DROIDX-logo-sm.jpg

928Droid Black Glass X Themes for Droid X Official 2.2 (Froyo) v2.3.15

11933d1279381143-droid-holster-compatability-black-glass-divider.png

• Current Files available for 928Droid Black Glass X for Droid X OTA 2.2 v2.3.15 DEODEXED :
    • NEW! 928Droid Black Glass X for DEODEXED Official 2.2 Froyo OTA2315 - Theme Zip
      • Ok for DeOdexed "Stock" Official ROMs only!
      • Made from the Original Files of the Official OTA 2.3.15 update
        [*]Fully PNG-Optimized, Zip-Aligned and Compressed!
        [*]Saves up to 15mb of space in the system area as compared to previous versions!
      • Now over 7500 images used in the Theme update alone!
      • All Blur Widgets now have "Black Glassed" Headers and Banners.
      • 928Droid "Tweeked" Sticky Note Widget
      • Black Glass themed Gmail 2.3 app
      • 928Droid "Black Edition" Facebook app
      • 928Droid "Black Edition" GTalk app
      • 928Droid "TwitterDoes X" Twitter app
      • Black Glass Themed versions of the latest Google Voice Search and Quick Search apps.
      • Enhanced LiveWallpapers with custom 928Droid "Neural Network" LWP

• Black Glass Themed versions of the latest Google Voice Search and Quick Search apps.
      • ..and much more!

[*]928Droid Black Glass X ADW Launcher v1.1.5 Patch/Update.Zip
      • Automatically Copied to Sdcard/928Droid Folder by Theme Installation
      • Installed as a separate update.zip.

[*]LINK: http://www.928Droid.com/DroidX.htm

• Current Files available for 928Droid Black Glass X for Droid X Official 2.2 v2.3.15 ODEXED:
    • NEW! 928Droid Black Glass X for ODEXED Official 2.2 Froyo OTA2315 - Theme Zip
      • Ok for Odexed "Pure Stock" 2.2 Official ROMs only!
        [*]Made from the Original Files of the Official OTA 2.3.15 update
      • Fully PNG-Optimized, Zip-Aligned and Compressed!
        [*]Saves up to 15mb of space in the system area as compared to previous versions!
      • Now over 7500 images used in the Theme update alone!
      • All Blur Widgets now have "Black Glassed" Headers and Banners.
      • 928Droid "Tweeked" Sticky Note Widget
      • Black Glass themed Gmail 2.3 app
      • 928Droid "Black Edition" Facebook app
      • 928Droid "TwitterDoes X" Twitter app
      • ..and much more!
    • 928Droid Black Glass X ADW Launcher v1.1.4 Patch/Update.Zip
      • Automatically Copied to Sdcard/928Droid Folder by Theme Installation
      • Installed as a separate update.zip.

[*]LINK: http://www.928Droid.com/DroidX.htm

NEW! 928Droid Black Glass X DeOdexEERR Theme for Official OTA v2.3.15

• NEW!! - 928Droid Black Glass X OTA2315 DeOdexEERR Theme ZIP!
    • My new DeOdexEERR will DeOdex your Stock(or Themed) Odexed OTA 2.3.15 System, Install the OTA2315 DeOdexed Theme AND Delete all the odex files!!
    • One New Simple Solution for most Droid X'rs biggest Headache.
    • Does not effect Root or any other system files etc.
    • No Extra Mounting, or any other steps needed, Install like any other Theme Zip, just one simple step!
    • Enjoy! :)
  • LINK: http://www.928Droid.com/DroidX.htm

928Droid BACK to STOCK for Droid X Official OTA 2.2 v2.3.15

• Current BACK to STOCK Files available for for Droid X Official OTA 2.2 v2.3.15 update:
    • NEW! 928Droid "BACK TO STOCK" for Official OTA 2.3.15 ODEXED - Update ZIP
      • Includes ALL Original OTA 2.3.15 files in the system/app and system/framework folders..PLUS the stock OTA Build.prop!
      • Perfect for getting back to fresh Original files after Theming
      • Also great for getting back to Virgin Stock to receive future OTA updates or returning the phone for replacement (may require manually moving or removing "Root files")
      • This will also "Odex": a "DeOdexed ROM
      [*]NEW! 928Droid "BACK TO STOCK" for Official OTA 2.3.15 DEODEXED - Update ZIP
      • Includes ALL Original OTA 2.3.15 files (DeOdexed) in the system/app and system/framework folders..PLUS the stock OTA Build.prop!
      • Perfect for getting back to fresh Original DeOdexed files after Theming and Most Custom ROM installs
  • LINK: http://www.928Droid.com/DroidX.htm

More 928Droid Black Glass X Screen Caps coming soon in Post #2 Below.....please feel free to post some of my Theme on your Droid X!

Last edited:
OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
928Droid "Black Edition" TwitterDoes Themed App w/Droid Does EYE Animations and more!

• TwitterDOES Droid X version Included in our latest 928Droid Black Glass X Update MM Theme.
  • Latest version of the Twitter for Android app
  • 928Droid "Black Ediiton" (inverted) Twitter app with inverted/Black backgrounds
    • Credit and Special Thanks to TheBowers for the inversion code
  • 928Droid Black Glass themed
  • Animated/Scrolling "DroidDoes" or "DroidForums.net" upper banner
    • Shows up in all page/sections of the Twitter app
  • Animated "Boot Eye Animations" of Droid 1, Droid 2 and Droid X
    • Shows up on Twiiter Main/Home page (and sign-in page)
  • Animations can be activated or disabled
    • From Twiiter app Home page:Menu>Setttings - scroll down to "Animate Background" and check or uncheck
  • More Details, Screen Caps and Downloads in this thread... http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...tterdoes-droid-1-x-2-eye-animations-more.html
Sorry for the crappy video, will have a better one up later tonight or Tomorrow...but it should give you an idea of what it does.

[video=youtube;qTid2DFe-F0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTid2DFe-F0&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - VID 20100814 052839[/video]

13441d1281833360-themed-app-928droid-black-glass-black-edition-twitterdoes-droid-x-2-df-animations-twitter-does-theme.png

Last edited:

hailtothetheif83

Reaction score
So for install just download and use Metamorph? sorry if I didn't read the OP correctly

Super excited to use this on my X since I use your theme on my Droid as well

Thanks for all your work!!!

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
So for install just download and use Metamorph? sorry if I didn't read the OP correctly

Super excited to use this on my X since I use your theme on my Droid as well

Thanks for all your work!!!

Please read the thread!!!!

AND there are extensive instructions INSIDE the MetaMorph file....READ before you TAP :)

If you liked it on the Droid.........well..... you haven't seen nothing yet!!

dancedroid

hacku

Reaction score
Looks great man.

I really like the battery icon that's in the screenshot below, but I don't see it on any of the other screenshots. What's going on?

13256d1281580098-theme-928droid-black-glass-x-droid-x-bgx-.png

MAD450r

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
mad450r.spaces.live.com
I tried to put this over nextheme

I cant get framework to install. Will it work if I push it with adb as I had to do with nextheme ?
Dont want to mess things up so im going to ask before I mess around :)

EDIT: I also recieved me X yesterday :)

anj109

Reaction score
I'm sorry if I sound like a noob but do we install this just like we installed the Nextheme? Thanks!

Oh and any theming of Launcher Pro with this theme?

Jcshannon05

Reaction score
I installed everything but the services because it won't let me. its saying that its services.copy instead of services.cpy any ideas? I have a black clock and some notifications are black on black.

Edit: I pushed the services.jar to /system/framework and have a white clock and white notifications.

Joelcableguy

Reaction score
I'm sorry if I sound like a noob but do we install this just like we installed the Nextheme? Thanks!

Not to sound like an a$$, but he did respond to this question already a couple of posts above yours and it was to READ THE INSTRUCTIONS via the link that was posted as well as read the thread.:)

Just Sayin :greendroid:

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
I installed everything but the services because it won't let me. its saying that its services.copy instead of services.cpy any ideas? I have a black clock and some notifications are black on black.

Edit: I pushed the services.jar to /system/framework and have a white clock and white notifications.

Sorry about, that, typo on my part....uploading a new zip file.

EDIT: New Theme File is uploaded.. thanks to Jc for finding my error!

Last edited:

anj109

Reaction score

Not to sound like an a$$, but he did respond to this question already a couple of posts above yours and it was to READ THE INSTRUCTIONS via the link that was posted as well as read the thread.:)

Well you do sound like an a$$, just sayin. I did read the instructions above, but for someone like myself who is just getting into smart phones and the droid community, I might have a few more questions. Sorry if this bothers you.

If someone could just answer this questions, I would appreciate it. Do I use the same commands in my terminal emulator as in the Nextheme instructions (got that theme installed fine). Everything thing else I understand, just didn't see anything about that above. THANKS.

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com

Well you do sound like an a$$, just sayin. I did read the instructions above, but for someone like myself who is just getting into smart phones and the droid community, I might have a few more questions. Sorry if this bothers you.

If someone could just answer this questions, I would appreciate it. Do I use the same commands in my terminal emulator as in the Nextheme instructions (got that theme installed fine). Everything thing else I understand, just didn't see anything about that above. THANKS.

Putting Moderator hat on: OK, easy with the name calling, this is a family Forum, THANKS!

Putting Themer Hat on: IGNORE any instructions for other Themes and Follow the instructions in my Original Post AND inside the MetaMorph file, if you go ahead and open the file with MetaMorph there are extensive instructions inside.

FYI, No Terminal code or commands are needed with my Theme. You can do it that way if yuo want to spend more time with it or take the chance of a typo (like I did with the original XML Theme file :)

dulaney22

Reaction score
Thanks for explaining that! Appreciate it.

Did you get it installed? I'm a noob too, but if you add it to Metamorph like your nextheme (put in AndroidThemes folder), once you click to install from meta you will get these instructions. It took me a while and I actually pushed the services jar through TE. It's well worth it though, the theme is awesome!!