[Theme] 928Droid Black Glass X for Droid X !!!

Ainvar

Reaction score
Just wanted to say really nice theme and thanks for all the hardwork you have put into it. It has not been sluggish on me once!

Steven58

Reaction score
Pardon me if this was asked before.

Background: I d/l'd and installed bgx for dx deodexed and it's frankly amAZing! I donated to encourage and pay for the work.

Here's my question: This morning on the 928 site I saw BGX "extras." I'd like to find out what these "extras" are. Also, I'd like to find out how to install them. Do I have to do it the same way as I installed the bgx deodexed theme?

PS: OT: I had the opportunity to use the calculator, this morning at the bank It's frankly BRILLIANT. I do very much love this theme and will be sticking with it.

Steven

snap20100930_024719.png

Edit: Nm. I notice the extras use ADW and I'm an LPP user.

Last edited:

hacku

Reaction score
Just got the chance to use your 928DroidBlackGlassX-DroidX-OTA2315-DeOdexEERR-THEME file and it worked like a charm.

I also used the 928Droid-BackToStock-DroidX22-OTA-DeOdexed file since I've been working on my own personal theme and wanted to start out fresh.

Everything went fine, but I did notice a couple of things when reverting back to stock:

1. For some reason it sets up Swype as the default keyboard although I had the multitouch keyboard setup as default
2. Your Facebook app remains in /system/app and it needs to be manually deleted via RootExplorer in order to use the stock one
3. Same thing as above but with the Twitter app

Everything else seems to be back to stock as far as I can tell. If I find anything else out of place I'll be sure to give you a heads up.

Great job by the way! :D

So what your saying is that the "Back to Stock" theme brings the phone Back to its original out of the box state but with Deodexed files....interesting.
:icon_eek::icon_eek:

Yes, it will just basically revert everything back to it's "stock" form while leaving the system deodexed. There is also a back to stock to re-odex your phone.

You MUST have your phone deodexed before using the "Back to Stock-Deodexed" theme.

Hope that clears things up.

Exiled

Reaction score
Just wanted to post that I recently upgraded to the ota 2.2 and used the new deodexer. Worked like a charm and my phone is running great. And I absolutely LOVE the new swype!! Great work! :D

iamthericker

Reaction score
Loving your theme! It is the best out there in my opinion and I've tried them all!!! I'm using Launcher Pro and can't stand not having black glass for my LP widgets. I used some of your image files to make a dock and app launcher for launcher pro so I can live until I learn to edit the widgets myself... But any chance of a Launcher Pro theme coming from you soon?

Either way great work!!!

Ainvar

Reaction score
Loving your theme! It is the best out there in my opinion and I've tried them all!!! I'm using Launcher Pro and can't stand not having black glass for my LP widgets. I used some of your image files to make a dock and app launcher for launcher pro so I can live until I learn to edit the widgets myself... But any chance of a Launcher Pro theme coming from you soon?

Either way great work!!!

+1

I would love a LP theme also!

ChuckTu

Reaction score
Just got the chance to use your 928DroidBlackGlassX-DroidX-OTA2315-DeOdexEERR-THEME file and it worked like a charm.

I also used the 928Droid-BackToStock-DroidX22-OTA-DeOdexed file since I've been working on my own personal theme and wanted to start out fresh.

Everything went fine, but I did notice a couple of things when reverting back to stock:

1. For some reason it sets up Swype as the default keyboard although I had the multitouch keyboard setup as default
2. Your Facebook app remains in /system/app and it needs to be manually deleted via RootExplorer in order to use the stock one
3. Same thing as above but with the Twitter app

Everything else seems to be back to stock as far as I can tell. If I find anything else out of place I'll be sure to give you a heads up.

Great job by the way! :D

I have also had the same problems. I was able to uninstall the Facebook and Twitter apps using a Terminal however when I went to switch back to the multi-touch Keyboard from the new default Swype it was no longer an option. How/Where do I get that back??

brumby05

Reaction score
Used the deodexeeerr, the theme is very well done but I didn't really want a black theme. I used the back to stock, which worked great except I kept getting force closes on gmail. Had to clear cache and clear data to get it to work again, but all is well now. Thanks

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
928DroidBlackGlassX-DROIDX-logo.jpg

:icon_ banana::icon_ banana:Excellent Job 928 !!! :icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

I Love this Theme on my Droid X

Thanks for all your Hard Work You put into these !!

*** I recommend this highly ***

silvinoa

Reaction score
The panoramic camera features seem to not be working with this theme :(

BlueMeanie

Reaction score
Contacts force closing.

Hello. I'm relatively new to the android modding scene but I'm an experienced IT professional. I rooted 2.1, OTA'd then rooted 2.2. I installed FLYx v.o1 final and put on Black Glass using bootstrap. Everything is working great except for my contacts. Contacts force close when I try to open, but I can browse contacts if I go through dialer and click the contacts tab. I used flyx for a couple of days to test and make sure it was stable and I didn't have this issue before. I'm not sure what is wrong so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

brumby05

Reaction score
I also noticed after doing the 'back to stock' reset that the facebook and twitter apps are still themed. I deleted via root explorer and tried to download the main one from the market but it won't let me install. Anyone know how to get the app? It is not a big deal as I don't really use facebook or twitter.

Last edited:

dfran1

Reaction score
The panoramic camera features seem to not be working with this theme :(

I also have this problem,
So it looks like an error in the BlurCamera.apk , I just copied one ( just the BlurCamera.apk not everything in the zip) from a DX-2315-Deodexed zip using root explorer app, then ran fix permissions in ROM manager app, rebooted and everything is good now (may take a couple of time at first then woks great), just does not have the nice Icons but it works until 928Droid resoles the problem. (Hopefully there was not a fix for this somewhere in this thread, I did not look for one if one exists and please forgive me).
Good luck

Hello. I'm relatively new to the android modding scene but I'm an experienced IT professional. I rooted 2.1, OTA'd then rooted 2.2. I installed FLYx v.o1 final and put on Black Glass using bootstrap. Everything is working great except for my contacts. Contacts force close when I try to open, but I can browse contacts if I go through dialer and click the contacts tab. I used flyx for a couple of days to test and make sure it was stable and I didn't have this issue before. I'm not sure what is wrong so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Try running the fix permissions in ROM manager and reboot then try. (if you do not have ROM manager then search for the manual way)
This usually works for me when others do not have the same problem.
Good luck

928Droid,
I have a ?
can you change the background color to a dark blue in phone mode using the Bluetooth and black when using the mic or speaker phone?

Thank You for an awesome theme!!!!

BlueMeanie

Reaction score
Unfortunately the fix permissions thing was not successful. Any other suggestions?

Edit: I reverted back to stock 2.2 rooted and applied the theme and that fixed it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk