[Theme] 928Droid Black Glass X for Droid X !!!

nmtuna

Reaction score
Battery Manager

I had Stock 2.2 for the Droid X, rooted. Installed Black Glass X DeOdexEERR ! and now my battery manager for closes when I try to click on it.

So I restored my backup, and now it is still force closing.... Ideas???

oh9er

Reaction score
Your server must be getting hammered. I'm only downloading at 13.4KBps and can download at over 2MBps...lol

Sorry about that!! May have to start adding Mirror links on the website.

I am not in a position to donate cash for this great theme, but I can certainly share a little HD and bandwith at ahfb2000.com. It is on Rackspace networks so speed should not be a problem ;)

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
I had Stock 2.2 for the Droid X, rooted. Installed Black Glass X DeOdexEERR ! and now my battery manager for closes when I try to click on it.

Curious when you say "stock" 2.2 , do you mean the Official OTA update, or one of the 3 leaks? (2.3.15, 2.3.13, 2.3.9)

You symptoms sound like a data mismatch from different app versions. Very common.. from the home page Menu>Settings>Applications>Manage Applications select "All" scroll down and find "Battery Manager" tap to open and press the "Clear Date" button and clear all the data. Reboot and see if that fixes it.

FYI, this is always the first step to try when you are having FCs with any app, especially after an upgrade or downgrade.

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
I'm sure you're tired of answering these kind of posts Dave...and I'm sorry but to be 100% sure...(and yes I did read all of your posts)

I have a rooted, deodexed OTA 2.2

I would download your Black Glass X for Droid X Official 2.2 Froyo 2.3.15 DeOdexed correct?

And if I choose to go back to what I have right this second, I can just load into the Bootstrap Recovery and restore the backup I just made, and I'll have everything as it was before I installed your theme?

Will I need to get your Droid X Official OTA 2.2 Froyo 2.3.15 "Back to Stock" for any reason since I have the backup I just made? And I'd get the DeOdexed version (because I don't want to go through DeOdexing again) if I do, right?

Last question: Since this is just a theme, it won't effect any installed apps right?

As long as you match DeOdexed to DeOdexed you are good to go.

Correct about nandroid on both counts ...as long as your SD card doesn't get corrupted...make a copy of Nandroid on your PC for safe keeping.

My Theme will not affect Installed apps...UNLESS you have installed apps that are in my Theme.. check Post 1 for Theme dapp list and details about certain "Market" apps in my Theme.. The main ones are Facebook, Maps, Twitter, and recently "Google Seach" and google's "Voice Search".

If you chose to install the optional ADW Launcher update zip (look on your SDcard in 928Droid folder) that would be another one.

As a rule even those will not "effect" your Market installed versions, actually it is the other way around, the Market versions override my Themed versions and you miss out on a uniform Themed experience with those apps.

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Your server must be getting hammered. I'm only downloading at 13.4KBps and can download at over 2MBps...lol

Sorry about that!! May have to start adding Mirror links on the website.

I am not in a position to donate cash for this great theme, but I can certainly share a little HD and bandwith at ahfb2000.com. It is on Rackspace networks so speed should not be a problem ;)

Cool, thanks for that offer... putting that in my file in case I need it!!

Grady

Reaction score
Just an FYI...another successful install of your theme here!

Amazing work!

nmtuna

Reaction score

Curious when you say "stock" 2.2 , do you mean the Official OTA update, or one of the 3 leaks? (2.3.15, 2.3.13, 2.3.9)

You symptoms sound like a data mismatch from different app versions. Very common.. from the home page Menu>Settings>Applications>Manage Applications select "All" scroll down and find "Battery Manager" tap to open and press the "Clear Date" button and clear all the data. Reboot and see if that fixes it.

FYI, this is always the first step to try when you are having FCs with any app, especially after an upgrade or downgrade.

Sorry, I meant the Official OTA.... I did that and I'm still getting the same force close.

Thanks

hacku

Reaction score
Dave, I have one quick question my friend. Yesterday I decided it was time to move onto the official OTA from the leaked one I had installed. I flashed SBF back to 2.1, and then downloaded the OTA update and installed it.

Last night I rooted the phone and all is working flawlessly, but I'm still odexed. I was wondering if I can use your "928Droid-BackToStock-DroidX22-OTA-DeOdexed.zip" file to deodex my phone only, or will this only work when going from a themed phone back to stock OTA?

Thanks

technique

Reaction score
Can someone post some screenshots of the black glassed themed:

1) gmail
2) google maps

I want to make sure my droid X themed correctly. Thanks!

PS - Just downloaded your new themed swype. Sweet!!!

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Dave, I have one quick question my friend. Yesterday I decided it was time to move onto the official OTA from the leaked one I had installed. I flashed SBF back to 2.1, and then downloaded the OTA update and installed it.

Last night I rooted the phone and all is working flawlessly, but I'm still odexed. I was wondering if I can use your "928Droid-BackToStock-DroidX22-OTA-DeOdexed.zip" file to deodex my phone only, or will this only work when going from a themed phone back to stock OTA?

Thanks

No that won't work, you will still have all the odex files in place and it will casue issues.

Flash the DeOdexEERR, this will properly DeOdex your phone, delete the correct files, and install my theme.. THEN you can use the DeOdexed Back to Stock to remove my Theme and have a Stock DeOdexed ROM.

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com

1) gmail
2) google maps

OR...you could post yours and I could tell you :)

OR...

Open Maps, if the Zoom In/out buttons near the lower right are Black Glassed with Green + and red - symbols and not just "grey" buttons you are Themed.

With G-mail, open the app, press the Menu hard key, select Compose, then press Menu again.. the "Attach" paperclip should look like a "real" paperclip and Send above that should have an envelope with a Green arrow pointing up. If so it is also Themed.

Glad you like the Swype. :)

Last edited:

donballz

Reaction score
Swype keyboard looks great! Well done. The "Word-suggester" box is a little too transparent for my liking. Its hard to make out the words if there is something busy open behind it. Otherwise, keep up the good work. I'll take a regular multi touch keyboard too :D

technique

Reaction score

Many people had this issue after upgrading to 2.2 OTA. Try a battery pull, that seemed to fix it for many folks.

1) gmail
2) google maps

OR...you could post yours and I could tell you :)

OR...

Open Maps, if the Zoom In/out buttons near the lower right are Black Glassed with Green + and red - symbols and not just "grey" buttons you are Themed.

With G-mail, open the app, press the Menu hard key, select Compose, then press Menu again.. the "Attach" paperclip should look like a "real" paperclip and Send above that should have an envelope with a Green arrow pointing up. If so it is also Themed.

Glad you like the Swype. :)

Checked and I'm themed correctly! Thanks.

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Swype keyboard looks great! Well done. The "Word-suggester" box is a little too transparent for my liking. Its hard to make out the words if there is something busy open behind it. Otherwise, keep up the good work. I'll take a regular multi touch keyboard too :D

Yeah, I questioned the Word Predictor transparency level I used also when testing it...but decided to put it out there and see how you guys like it (or not) before I incorporate it into the Main Theme updates... It is easily changed by me (and you) with these small single patch updates. Try it for a day or so and see if you like it better or not and please let me know your thoughts.

FYI, Black Glass Themed Multi-Touch is part of the Theme and has been.