[Theme] 928Droid "Black Glass" 2.2 for Froyo - Update.zip - MetaMorph - Back to Stock

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Dave, are there going to be Custom Rom versions of the "x" theme for us to check out or are we going to have to go "stock" to try it?

All the Custom ROMs I Theme will get the "X" Theme...hopefully over the next 2-3 days I will have them all uploaded.....probably get finished right when all the DEVs drop new ROM versions...... :icon_eek: :)

Kind of fried from the last 3 20+ hour days (worked thru until 5:30am last night) getting this the way I wanted it, so I'm crashing early tonight...probably start on the Custom ROMs tomorrow evening and upload each one as I finish it.

That is of course...if the feedback I get is still mostly good on this new test release version when I get up tomorrow :icon_eek:....but, I like it and I keeping it on my Droid! :)

camaro1173

Reaction score
Here are some screen shoots of the Black Glass X Theme
I will have to say that it is not easy to catch the screen at the right time.

Click on link I hope this works.

Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

13127d1281404533-theme-928droid-black-glass-2-2-froyo-update-zip-metamorph-back-stock-blgx9.png
13125d1281404410-theme-928droid-black-glass-2-2-froyo-update-zip-metamorph-back-stock-blgx7.png

13124d1281404402-theme-928droid-black-glass-2-2-froyo-update-zip-metamorph-back-stock-blgx6.png
13123d1281404337-theme-928droid-black-glass-2-2-froyo-update-zip-metamorph-back-stock-blgx5.png

13120d1281404319-theme-928droid-black-glass-2-2-froyo-update-zip-metamorph-back-stock-blgx2.png

Last edited by a moderator:

psychotic_penguin

Reaction score
I tweeted my thoughts about the X Theme to you direct, now to open it up to the forums.

Dave, you're a genius, I was taken aback but all the subtle changes made, nothing too overpowering as some themers tend to do on updates. Also dude the Facebook update is off the hook!

I'd like for this to be the standard theme, but not to be selfish maybe everyone else might think the same? I came back to FRG22 to try this, I was having troubles with my previous Rom and theme so this gave me the excuse to Nandroid, so thanks for that.....facepalm

This'll stay on my Droid most likely for life, with an update here and there.

I'm really looking forward to see what you can do with the Droid X, which I just bought yesterday.

As always you have my thanks.

Last edited:
OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Here are a few more screen caps...keep in mimd the ones with the large RED areas are me actually holding down the key as I snapped the screen cap.

Also you get to see the finished Twitter remodel for the first time.. Plus the new Facebook and Twitter Widget updates.

If anyone finds any yellow/orange key presses or buttons I missed please let me know (other than an oddity in the Gallery app)

13133d1281408528-theme-928droid-black-glass-2-2-froyo-update-zip-metamorph-back-stock-pressed-theme.png

13132d1281408473-theme-928droid-black-glass-2-2-froyo-update-zip-metamorph-back-stock-music-video-theme.png

13131d1281408445-theme-928droid-black-glass-2-2-froyo-update-zip-metamorph-back-stock-twitter-theme.png

13134d1281408599-theme-928droid-black-glass-2-2-froyo-update-zip-metamorph-back-stock-volume-theme.png

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Man Dave, that stuff looks awesome! Just wait for black twitter...very shortly. I think it will go great with those images you have done with it already. I am starting to wonder is you ever sleep.

HardWired

Reaction score
I'm missing the "x" link somewhere I guess. When I go to the OP and then down to FRG22 and click the link all I see is the back to stock and the r1 update on the mediafire server. Someone help me out....point me to the link? Thx...

Last edited:
OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
I'm missing the "x" link somewhere I guess. When I go to the OP and then down to FRG22 and click the link all I see is the back to stock and the r1 update on the mediafire server. Someone help me out....point me to the link? Thx...

The Test Links are currently set to rpivate... getting ready to upload a new version with the revamped Twitter and hopefully the revamped Maps I want to do.

Look for the new links in an hour or so....or in the morning if I fall asleep on the keyboard :)

The X file names will start with "928DroidBlackGlassX------------"

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Man Dave, that stuff looks awesome! Just wait for black twitter...very shortly. I think it will go great with those images you have done with it already. I am starting to wonder is you ever sleep.

THANKS!!!and thank you for your "Magic" in modding the "Black Editions" for all of us..especially ME!! :)

Don't forget Gmail 2.2.1 pretty PLEASE!!

OH, and I'll be darn, been so busy I hadn't noticed the new Maps update changed to a white background....GRRRRR what are they thinking...using navigation at night in car with a white screen blinding you...DUMMIES!!

Please add it to the "Black List" if you can get the time... That shoudl complete the Suite...of course as soon as you get sone they will change the E-mail app to white also....gonna have to file a protest with Google.:icon_eek:

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com

doctordoctor

Reaction score
Please clarify which files do I need to download for just stock FRG10B??? All three or just the newest update file??? What about back to stock file do I just keep that around in case I want to go back to stock???

Jimmyzla

Reaction score
That looks so sweet. I am tempted to go back to FRG22 but I will miss those CM mods too much. (The music on the lock screen natively was the crowning touch)

Jimmyzla

Reaction score
Please clarify which files do I need to download for just stock FRG10B??? All three or just the newest update file??? What about back to stock file do I just keep that around in case I want to go back to stock???

You only NEED one. The one with X in it is the latest with the red spinner. The R one is the more "stock-ish". You can archive the back to stock if you wish - your choice.

jbdavies

Reaction score
Couple questions.

1. Since I've installed this theme, I now have two Alarm Clocks and two Galleries. How do I delete the ones that came with this theme? Or the ones that were originally on my phone?

2. Is it possible to change the "928Droid Black Glass" wording on the lock screen?

Thanks for your help! :)