[Theme] 928Droid "Black Glass" 2.2 for Froyo - Update.zip - MetaMorph - Back to Stock

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
okay so i always loved your work, but MAN the black glass X is AMAZING!!!. im running frg22, the deoxed rom, nothing special, and like someone else, i would like to change the 928droid thingy...BUT my real issue is, that i had with the last update, and on black glassX, and regular black glass, is in 2 areas...advance task manager the tabs when highlighted the font is black..also the buttons on the bottom are black on black font...and my other issue is in my notification bar, my weatherbug elite font is black, with the black background, and obviously i will post screens if u need em

Screen caps would help. Weatherbug is a know issue, the app itself has to be Modded, I have it on the "List".

Glad you like it, Look for even more goodness with the Official release of Black Glass X...I am working on some other areas that I have been wanting to "make better".

HardWired

Reaction score
Totally dig the x version Dave! Subtle changes yes, but noticeable if you've been running your theme for awhile like I have. Of all the changes I especially like the red progress bar in the browser.

otter34

Reaction score
okay so i always loved your work, but MAN the black glass X is AMAZING!!!. im running frg22, the deoxed rom, nothing special, and like someone else, i would like to change the 928droid thingy...BUT my real issue is, that i had with the last update, and on black glassX, and regular black glass, is in 2 areas...advance task manager the tabs when highlighted the font is black..also the buttons on the bottom are black on black font...and my other issue is in my notification bar, my weatherbug elite font is black, with the black background, and obviously i will post screens if u need em

Screen caps would help. Weatherbug is a know issue, the app itself has to be Modded, I have it on the "List".

Glad you like it, Look for even more goodness with the Official release of Black Glass X...I am working on some other areas that I have been wanting to "make better".

The older versions of weather bug work OK mrd. I'm just too lazy to look back at one of my posts to see which version that is

jbdavies

Reaction score
Need to be a little more specific..

Froyo 2.2 covers 3-4 different ROMs and Themes :)

ROMs..

FRG01b Odexed ?
FRG01b DeOdexed ?
FRG22 Odexed ?
FRG22 DeOdexed ?

And EXACTLY which Theme file did you download and install?

Basically what has probably happened is you have loaded some other ROMs that do not use the correct naming for the Froyo apps. We need to figure this out because yuo could have multiple copies of a bunch of apps in your system/app folder.

What was the last ROM you loade before doing a COMPLETE Data Reset/Wipe???

IF you can tel me all of that I can help you get the junk out of your System/app folder..

Oh, if you don't have Root Explorer..go to the Market and buy it , can't help you do this easily without it.....unless you want to wipe the hpne and start all over :)
The ROM that I have is the stock FRG22... thingy. I think. Haha. And the one that I had before that was... I haven't a clue. lol The one before the FRG01b. Cause I skipped that one.

928DroidBlackGlass2-2-FRG22-DeOdexed-update

And I do have Root Explorer, or something along those lines.

Does that help?

jbrock98

Reaction score
928Droid PLEASE support Ultimate Droid roms, wat CAN I DO to help make that happen lol

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
quick question. How do I go back to stock theme on sapphire 1.0? I went ahead and try to install the back-to-stock frg01b despite the fact that said STOCK only, and took the chance figuring it might possibly work but I got into a boot loop...
so much for me listening to instructions. :/ lol
the reason why I wanted to try to go back to stock is because when I originally installed sapphire with the black bar notification theme a little while ago(just wanted to see how it would look) the time and what not at the top of the screen was very dim and hard to read than usual(I've heard other people say the same) so I'm trying to correct it.

Last edited:

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
forget it I guess I'll do a factory restore again. I was too bold to not backup my data....
well I just wasted my whole time. -_- NOT BLAMING 928 BY ANY MEANS!!!!!!!!! lol what I mean is I think there is something wrong with the black glass theme on sapphire. coming from a stock theme and transfering to the black glass the top notification bar font is very dim and so is the drop down notification menu(I think this was mentioned in the thread before) Initially, I thought this was because at first I flashed the theme coming from the black bar menu but I guess it's just a bug. anybody still know anything about this???

Last edited:

Booch_21

Reaction score
I'll see how well I can explain my problem installing this theme. I love the theme and its functionality, but having some reported issues that I'm stuck on.

I am rooted and have FRG22 installed. Nothing else done except I have altered the "mediaplayer" line in order to get the XM/Sirius app to work. I used EasyRoot to do the root. I downloaded the r-1 version to my computer, moved it to the sdcard and used Rom Manager to install it. That didn't work well so I restored from my backup. I then proceeded to install from SPRecovery. For the most part, everything went well. I got things configured but kept getting "force close" errors for Gmail. I restored from backup a few more times, cleared the cache several times and tried installs again. No changes. I've tried to read this whole thread and figure out what is going on. I got it installed the last time and let it go for several hours today. After I had trouble answering a call at work, I restored from my backup again, which is where I sit now. I want this theme to work, but need some guidance on how to proceed. Anyone have an idea on what to look for first? I'm pretty new to root and the lingo so I'm a little slow there. Thanks in advance!

* Sent from Moto Droid using Tapatalk *

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Sounds like you guys are trying to install DeOdexed Theme Versions over Odexed Stock ROMs.... Please read the Maim post carefully BEFORE downloading and installing a Theme.

One Quick Tip for you....

928Droid said:
First, go to the system/app folder of your phone..you can do this with any File Manager, Astro, Root Explorer (highly recomended you get this) etc.

Look in the system/app folder and the first file will propably be named something like AccountsandSettings.apk ...I need to know if there is another file next to it that is named the same but ends with .odex instead of apk

Basically if there are ANY files in the ssytem/app folder that ends with ".odex" you have an Odexed ROM...if there are NO files in the system/app folder tha end with .odex then you have a DEODEXED ROM... This is vital to know.

If you read all the details on my main post you will have noticed a lot of files that said "DeOdexed" only.... if you used any of those files on an Odexed ROM....bad things happen...

Concerning "Getting "Back to Stock" for a "WhateverNameCustomROM"...your kidding right??? Really????? :)

Here are a few examples of the secret forumla for doing that...

If you have a Sapphire ROM with my Theme and you want to get back to stock Sapphire...you installl Android 1.6 Stock ROM.

If you have CyanogenMod CM6 with my Theme and you want to get back to stock CyanogenMod ....you Install Windows Mobile 7 ROM.

I can go and on, but hopefuly you see the secret pattern here in these 2 examples.

dancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroid