The Rugged Droid Contest!

SpitWad

Reaction score
"I See Rugged Durrability"

:blackdroid::motdroidvert::motdroidhoriz:=dancedroidHi, all, I have a Moto Droid, which is the first smartphone (under statement) that I have owned. "Wow":clap: is the best way to describe it. I really :heart: it. If I ever dropped it I would be a disaster. I work around lumber products all day and I'm scared to death I'll break it. I have never found a case that would fit my needs untill I saw this post about the Innocase 360. It looks like just what I need. I would be honered to have my Droid safe inside this fine communication protector case. Thank you Seidio!​

Thomas--:):yr1:

zm@n

Reaction score
Rugged Droid contest

I should simply win so that i can see the look on my wifes face when she see's it. She feels i spend more time researching droid than i do with her, is that bad? Honey I love you but these guys are what keep me sane. respect to all that do what they do to keep things fresh. zyalater iphone.

p1ngputts

Reaction score
I would love a rugged case because I'm a rock climber enthusiast. When i'm scaling the mountain I always have my phone in my pocket "just in case" something happens. I've dropped my previous phones anywhere from 5 feet to a couple hundred feet off the ground. I'm not saying I deserve a case, but it would be a lot nice to have one.

chesty21

Reaction score
Well I just dropped and broke the screen of my Droid and now need to replace it, If I had a case it most likely would have survived.

Zandar

Reaction score
Take Pity on Me

My wife's phone treatment is legendary in Verizon stores. When their sales reps go on camping trips (you know, to test coverage and GPS), they huddle close to the fire and tell scary stories about the many ways in which she's dashed her phones to pieces. All of the stories end with something like, "and it never rang again."

The new guys usually pass out.

Now, she has the Motorola Droid. You heard me right: the girl who broke a Casio Boulder has a Droid. If your case is as good as you say it is, this could be the first time since I've known her that her phone makes it all the way to her re-up.

What will those poor Verizon reps talk about around the campfire if she gets this case? Maybe they'll have to go back to scary stories about delayed software rollouts.

Minnesota

Reaction score
I've been shopping for a good hard case for my Droid for about a month now. I am going to be building a new house, for which I will be doing the framing, siding, electric, insulating, electric...you get the idea. I need a good hard case to protect my phone while I am going up and down ladders or climbing around in the rafters. I have a friend who builds houses and he has cracked the screen on his Droid twice already. I don't want that to happen to mine!

Thanks Seidio.

Jailbreakjim

Reaction score
This would be a sign from the gods that my newly purchased droid was the right move...

Speeddemon007

Reaction score
i deserve it!

I deserve or rather need this since my the motor i just built broke a camshaft, bent valves, and has become non-running. while fixing this pita, i am constantly subjecting my trusty droid to unfavorable conditions that most definitely requires some durable armor. now it that's not enough, my new oil pump took a dive and killed my crankshaft and bearings. so now i will be crawling under 1500 lbs of metal, risking the life of my droid. please give it the needed clothing to let it survive the harsh environment that i have been subjecting it to.....my droid cries out for some devine intervention....or at least the help from some fellow droidnaughts.....er...um....ya

rbrown1

Reaction score
I'll wear it during a 100 mile run in the Ouachita Mtns.

I could use this Rugged Case because I run ultra-marathons on mountain trails in Arkansas and have quit carrying my phone since I got a Droid. Before the Droid I carried a Casio G-Zone and that phone was tough. Out on the trails falling is always a possibility and so is moisture from rain, sweat, and creek crossings. This year I've done two trail marathons, two 50k's, and one 50 miler--all phoneless. I'll do four or five other trail races this year and in October I'll be running the Arkansas Traveller 100 miler--hopefully with my Rugged Droid. 100 miles in the mountains is tough. If the Rugged Case can make my Droid tough is really a good system.

Railrider

Reaction score
I've been working on the Railroad....

You should let me give this puppy a try, I work as a freight conductor on the railroad, I have been thru 12 cell phones in 7 years!! Right now my Droid lives in my pocket wrapped in a towel inside a ziplock bag!! I frequently have to ride on the side of freight cars, hanging on for dear life, I have dropped phones from my pocket at 30mph while riding cars, I have stepped on them, Lost several becuase the "Secure Clip" failed on the $30 leather holster on my hip, had them ripped from my belt by box car doors etc, etc... If it can take what I will put it thru then it must be indesructible, and would be worth it's weight in gold to me..

engemasa

Reaction score
I feel that my phone is in the most need of the rugged protection. Quite a few people at my work used those skipping stones... I mean, iPhones. I've successfully converted over 1/2 of them to join the Brotherhood and become fellow Droiders. Since our IT department hasn't quite warmed up to the beauty of the Android OS, I've taking the responsibility of being the Shepard to my flock of Droid users for all of there technical questions/issues, although it's more questions than it is technical issues since it's an Android and not the paper-weight... Ugh, sorry, *sigh* :rolleyes: .. iPhooooone.

So being the position I'm in, it would only make sense to have some rugged protection for my life-line to the world. I mean, even my cat was pissed off at me shortly after I got my Droid because I spend more time playing with my phone and not with him and the laser pointer. I had it on the nightstand next to the bed, since it's also my alarm clock, and as my cat was running across the bed to be the first in line for food one morning, he kicked the phone with his back paw as he jumped from the bed, to the nightstand, and then the floor knocking my phone off and hitting the bed frame... Right on the edge of the case near the screen. Now I have a little chip on the side of my phone to remind me that of that.

Well, I'll show him once if I get a new case, I'll set the phone under his little bed, set up the lookout app and turn the siren on while he's sleeping... Muhahaha. Oh, and I'm sure he'll try to swat at it later on but it will be to no avail since it will be ruggedly protected with a l33t case!

r1nstang

Reaction score
i have 2 nieces...11 and 7...a step brother...12...and nephew that is the spawn of satan thats 2 1/2. with all those kids if i am visiting family and leave my phone anywhere other then my pocket..it will be taken and slobbered on and tossed around

k9nikita

Reaction score
I would love to have one of these cases! I'm a firefighter and wear my droid at the station but when I get a fire call my droid goes from my belt into my station boots that get thrown into the back of the fire engine so I can put on my turnout gear. On occasions the boots get turned over and my droid goes sliding across the diamond plate floor in the engine and you can only imagine what that can do to our super slick phones!

goodnew

Reaction score
My girlfriend hates my phone...

My girlfriend sometimes complains about me using my droid too much. I never knew how serious she was until we took a trip to the beach recently. While we were there, she "accidentally" dropped it on some rocks. I have insurance, so I have gotten it replaced, but I don't have a case for the new one yet, so I've just been keeping it in hiding until I can get something rugged enough to stand up to her.

I have to send the old one back within 15 days, please let me keep my droid safe from her. It is counting on you.

DroidAbuse.jpg

dave52355

Reaction score
I've ran several phones over with my wheelchair as thy fell from my phone holder. None have survived. I've tried giving up the chair but it is more addicting than I thought! No matter what chants I say new legs won't grow. So far my Droid is still with us. The last trip to the floor it bounced out of the target zone. A rugged case might work, I'm thinking tho wheelchair challenge 3 Rugged case versus the power chair. Or maybe them legs will grow back?