Coming Soon - Innocase(TM) Rugged for the Motorola Droid

Jizzylax

Reaction score
Are you able to disclose whether or not Seidio is developing a keyboard-eliminating case for the Droid as well? I'm undecided as to whether I should check out the Rugged case, or wait for a one-piece case that prevents the keyboard from sliding out. I'd prefer a slimmer, keyboard-eliminating case over a bulky, rugged keyboard-eliminating case.

Thanks!

Teammudd

Reaction score
i received my Verizon Shell/holster combo today, and (to me) it's 10x better than the body glove. fits tighter to your belt, and the main thing for me is the face is pointed toward your belt so its protected from accidental bumps or potential scratches.

i'll be using this till the final notice comes down from the higher ups that the Rugged case has hit the production lines!

PhoneSter

Reaction score
husker_fan said:
The question about whether or not this rugged case will fit into the Seidio Desktop Charger is very important to me and others as well.

SeidioSeidio, are you able to clarify?

Hello! The Innocase 360 without the Rugged Skin have the same dimensions as the Innocase Surface, so it will be fully compatible with our Desktop and Car Cradle. The Rugged Skin is very easy to remove and should take no more than a few seconds!

PhoneSter said:
I'm In! can we use the 10% discount code when it comes out?

I'm sure we can working something out for the forum members :)

Kmart95 said:
Is this meant to go over the Droid Innocase Surface? Because i have that right now and i would really like to have even more protection for my Droid without having to take the Innocase off. If so i will defiantly get one of these!

Hello, you can, but the Innocase Rugged is designed to offer heavy duty protection and we strongly recommend purchasing it as a set.

Bohemian said:
So will this fit the dock and car mount?

The Rugged Skin & Shell can be taken off easily, allowing you to use the Innocase 360 on the Desktop and Car Cradle!

Mohawk3 said:
Looking at the pictures for the prototype, it appears that the camera has a flap over the lens. Will the final product have a clear cover or will we be opening the flap to take pictures? Will the flap (plug) stay open and out of the way for taking pictures?

The flap can be pinned to the Shell, giving you obstructed view when taking a picture or shooting a video!

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Regards,

Bohemian said:
Just to be clear, It will not fit in the Seidio dock or car mount with the skin and/or shell on?

Hello,

The Innocase Rugged will not fit in the current Desktop & Car Cradle. But as we are constantly looking into development, a compatible dock may be available in the future!

Regards,
Whats gives... first you say it will work with desktop and car holder (out of rugged case) then you say it won't? which is it?

orangepeel

Reaction score
husker_fan said:
The question about whether or not this rugged case will fit into the Seidio Desktop Charger is very important to me and others as well.

SeidioSeidio, are you able to clarify?

Hello! The Innocase 360 without the Rugged Skin have the same dimensions as the Innocase Surface, so it will be fully compatible with our Desktop and Car Cradle. The Rugged Skin is very easy to remove and should take no more than a few seconds!

Bohemian said:
Just to be clear, It will not fit in the Seidio dock or car mount with the skin and/or shell on?

Hello,

The Innocase Rugged will not fit in the current Desktop & Car Cradle. But as we are constantly looking into development, a compatible dock may be available in the future!

Regards,
Whats gives... first you say it will work with desktop and car holder (out of rugged case) then you say it won't? which is it?

The case is two pieces. With the rugged "shell" on it will not fit in the dock,but if you take the shell off it will fit in the dock.

The person asked "will the rugged shell fit in the dock with the skin,and or shell on" SeidioSeidio answered no because it won't with the shell on. The part where he said it would fit he explained it would fit if you removed the rugged shell.

P.S. I'm not trying to come of as a jerk, I'm just trying to help clear it up.I can see how a person can get confused with all these post. Yikes! :)

Last edited:

orangepeel

Reaction score
It may have already been asked,but can I just purchase the "rugged shell/holster and install in over my Seidio innocase surface? If anyone has already seen the answer for this please point me to it. Thanks!

Kmart95

Reaction score
It may have already been asked,but can I just purchase the "rugged shell/holster and install in over my Seidio innocase surface? If anyone has already seen the answer for this please point me to it. Thanks!

I would also like to know this
Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

nmm01

Reaction score
A handlebar mount and rugged case would be great to use for navigation.
That would be a great combination!

FunN4Lo said:
Wow, I could really use something rugged like that. I am so active I am going to kill my phone. I need an option for mounting for Navigation too. If you can pull that off, I want the first one!

Hello!

Great point about mounting options for the Rugged Case, we will certain forward this suggestion to the product team!

Regards,

OP
S

seidioseidio

Reaction score
will release today

Seidio plans to release Innocase rugged for Motorola droid today (5/14)

Seidio

OP
S

seidioseidio

Reaction score
Jizzylax said:
Are you able to disclose whether or not Seidio is developing a keyboard-eliminating case for the Droid as well? I'm undecided as to whether I should check out the Rugged case, or wait for a one-piece case that prevents the keyboard from sliding out. I'd prefer a slimmer, keyboard-eliminating case over a bulky, rugged keyboard-eliminating case.

Thanks!

Hello, that's a good suggestion and we will definitely forward this suggestion to the Product Development Team!

PhoneSter said:

The Innocase Rugged will not fit in the current Desktop & Car Cradle, but if you remove the Rugged Skin and simply use the Innocase 360 that is within, then you can use the Desktop & Car Cradle.

wakeb791

Reaction score
Well, I would buy it, except for the fact that I already dropped $50 since I got the phone on an Innocase and holster. Not about to spend that much again.

PhoneSter

Reaction score
Not sure if this came up yet? Will this case cause overheating? has it been tested yet?

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
Two questions

Will the phone fit in the belt clip with and without the rugged case on?

All of the pics show the phone vertical in the belt clip. Does the clip swivel to carry the phone horizontal?