★☆★ The Official "I got my Galaxy Nexus" Thread ★☆★

sumo21bob

Reaction score
My Nexus arrived at lunch today, needless to say the afternoon at work was slightly less productive than normal.... :happy3:

catfisher

Reaction score
Just got my Nexus today. I am loving it so far and I can't wait to see what this phone brings us in the future.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

cgauthier99

Reaction score
Got my Nexus in hand.

Upgraded from the Thunderbolt to the Nexus on Thursday. Two things I've noticed right away is the "lack of signal" issue and the poor battery strength. Besides those 2 issues it is a nice phone.

Wonmotyme

Reaction score
Coming from a bolt you should be use to poor battery performance :) I haven't been able to get mine, yet! Read the forums daily still and look like Andie (green- from envy)!

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

cgauthier99

Reaction score
That's why I have the extended battery with my Bolt. Stock battery even worse than the Nexus!

Last edited:

xokitkatxo

Reaction score
How will you get the extra $100 if you are located in Maryland and not the Midwest? I am doing the early upgrade online and the -$50 is showing, but not the $100 3G to 4G credit (I'm in NJ). Also be careful because when i went in store they said they would do the early upgrade, but they would charge me an extra $20 or $25, in addition to me losing my NE2. When i went through the steps online I was not being charged that extra fee.

I might order mine tonight! So here's my plan: call cs and ask them for the early upgrade that I am eligible for to the Gnex. When you upgrade you get $50 off, and if I do the 3g to 4g that'll bring me to 150 bucks. Can I get that price of the phone billed to my account?

Sent from the future using my Galaxy Nexus!

Droid592

Reaction score
Got mine yesterday around 3pm, first things i did out of the box was apply my zagg, put in the extended battery and then unlock the boot loader. To top that off i rooted the phone and am absolutely glad that i ditched the Rezound for this.DancingNexus

Kaos2flo

Reaction score
Woot Woot! Just bought my Galaxy Nexus from Costco today! Costco sells it cheaper than verizon and gives a free kit. But initial thoughts is awesome but can't wait to play with it more.

gtofan350

Reaction score
My nexus came in at around noon today my girlfriend told me bout it and sent me a picture of the box. I didnt get off work til 5 abd that was the longest 5 hours of my life!

pushdrops

Reaction score
I've had mine for two days and I love it. I compared the Nexus and the Razr in the store, and while I thought the screen looked better on the Razr, it was ICS that sold me on the Nexus. The ability to make folders is awesome...now I can have tons of apps on just one screen, leaving the rest open for widgets. I can't wait for the Xoom to be upgraded to ICS so I can use this feature on it. 4G is smoking fast (at least here in Portland). The feel of the phone is thin and light, but not 'cheap'. The only downside so far is the battery life, but I'm playing with it so much, that's not helping matters. :happy3:
Though I really want a GS2 (we have Epic Touch 4G's but Sprint is horrible here, we have used the ET4G's wi-fi only for months waiting for VZW to release a decent phone):

I broke down and picked up a GNex with the mid Jan VZW return date, and a Razr for my wife .

The Razr's blacks are truer, more like the Super AMOLED plus o the GS2 - the GNex looks dull to me - side by side to the Razr here and ET4G but it's not bad. Guess it's a trade off for the hi-rez and fact the GNex isn't Super AMOLED "plus" ..... -

anywascaryscarey issue - both of these phones tonight just like the Bionic that I tried for a few days at release - have lost 3G connectivity . We are in a non LTE area (LTE is a few miles away). Not good. But when in the LTE area speeds are a bit faster on the GNex than the Razr with the signal near the same. On 3G similar results. With the Bionic losing its 3G data connection periodically and these two phones doing the same thing - makes me wonder if it's just an withe wiht all LTE devices (even in CDMA only areas - HPRD issue?)

can't call VZW support at this time - will try later today

one thing more than the camera on the GNex that's getting to me is the really weak spYouTubeovideosTube vides - the Razr is much louder, the ET4G quite a bit louder, just really low on the GNex , even my wife's old Eris is louder. I've seen some posts suggesting a factory reset after 4.0.2 has been installed helps the audio with the GNex, not sure about how that would work but I'll try it later - anything. Volume + on a store model just seemed to distort the sound.

Copying files to / from the GNex via MTP failed - until i realized that if i copy to the ROOT of the device, there's no issue (root of internal storage) , otherwise file copies would stall. so at least that's corrected - I've read many others have the issue but some don't (perhaps Win7 x64) - installed the Samsung MTP drivers, switched cables etc. - all to find out that if i only copy to the root of internal storage it's fine, odd but at least it works fine that way.

What does stink though - not only do i have to copy files from the PC to the root of internal storage, - I cannot copy files from folder to different folders once on the GNex - those copies fail (so I mustanothertro ormanagementfile managment app on the GNex to move around files - that's a big pain as I like to do that on the PC, much easier.

If anyone has a fix for this issue please post. thanks

twright86

Reaction score
I have had my Galaxy Nexus since Saturday (12/17).

Everything so far has been pretty smooth and great starting from shipping (Got the phone 2 days early, was supposed to have it on Monday).

The issue with battery drain has become less and less an issue, started out with only 4 hours of battery (on 100% brightness), to now today getting a little over 10 hours (40% brightness) and 3 and a half hours screen use.

Dropping data in the beginning was quite infuriating, but has become a non issue for the last few days now. Even connection quality on 4g LTE has skyrocketed, I was getting a pretty decent 12 megs up 6 megs down, now I am testing as high as 50 up/ 10 down.

The phones fluidity and quickness were never a problem, ICS is really awesome, the screen is really clear and I haven't had any problem with picture quality.

Overall I am very happy I got this phone, started with OG Droid, then Droid 2 global, now this magnificent piece of electronics. Android operating system owns all, and I laugh at people who think their Iphone is gods greatest gift to man. When in reality, the Galaxy Nexus is...just joking, but it is one of the sweetest phones around.

4s0

Reaction score
I ordered mine from Amazon on Tuesday. Anyone receive theirs since it got backorder status? How long does it normally take?