★☆★ The Official "I got my Galaxy Nexus" Thread ★☆★

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Nexus' started by wicked, Dec 7, 2011.

1. smokiedabong

smokiedabong Member

Ratings:
    +14
    I went from RAZR to Nexus and I love the Nexus much more. Got it rooted right away , installed the softkey patch , custom kernel , auto-brightness patch to get rid of those noisy screens.
    Now, does anybody knows a way to put those Pandora controls on the lock-screen ?

2. mtnbst

mtnbst Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I got mine on on launch day, I was # 4 in a line of about 20, but #2 to get one once in the store. No I didn't jump ahead...I even told the VZ dude that I wasn't next, he didn't care, do I didn't complain. Anyways on to the review, I don't know where all the hate is coming from in regards to calling this phone cheap. My first impression was all positive, yes the back is flimsy when removed. However is attaches very securely. The phone feels very sturdy, there is no flex when pressed or any sensation that is is hollow in any way. There are no residual plastic from casting evident. That being said, I have no idea why there are tons of reviews accusing this phone to be a POS. Ridiculous, I am happy...day 3 so far so good! Hoping my battery will improve :/ extended

3. empoweredh22

empoweredh22 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree, phone definitely doesn't seem cheap to me. On the contrary I like the grippy back and it's so friggin light, especially toting my all-metal og droid for 2 years. Unlock and root was easy on the Nexus. Haven't found anything this phone can't do. It was great fun helping out a friend via Teamviewer on LTE while talking to them on the phone at the same time. :-D

4. dB Zac

dB Zac Member

Ratings:
    +0
    picked mine up last night. The days of locked bootloaders and bloated slow skinned google are behind me!!

5. captdroid

captdroid Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17
    YA... once rooted... ran Titanium Backup... backed up the Verizon Backup program and then promptly uninstalled that Verizon add-on :D

6. dB Zac

dB Zac Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Even without all that. 4.0 lets you freeze apps

7. Big Ry

Big Ry Active Member

Ratings:
    +16
    Just picked up a GNex! Bye bye Droid 2! :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

8. syndicate0017

syndicate0017 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +48
    Well I placed my order for my GNex on Friday (will arrive Monday morning) and what an ordeal....but I will "officially" be a GNex owner come Monday. I gave my D1 a new home and will surely miss it, but even the best of things must come to an end.

9. TONYCARO

TONYCARO New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So how do you guys like the Nexus? Is it all you expected, more or less? Cant decide between Nexus or Razr. Both are so close.:blink:

10. mach330

mach330 Active Member

Ratings:
    +54
    got mine last fri. loving it so far. it's like having a mini tablet. it is quite big, but it doesn't feel big because of how light it is and thin. I am surprised though that it didn't feel as plasticy to me as other sammy phones. it actually feels pretty solid like a moto phone. i'm glad i waited for this phone. camera is blazing fast and hd screen is amazing.

11. abausch

abausch New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I've had mine for two days and I love it. I compared the Nexus and the Razr in the store, and while I thought the screen looked better on the Razr, it was ICS that sold me on the Nexus. The ability to make folders is awesome...now I can have tons of apps on just one screen, leaving the rest open for widgets. I can't wait for the Xoom to be upgraded to ICS so I can use this feature on it. 4G is smoking fast (at least here in Portland). The feel of the phone is thin and light, but not 'cheap'. The only downside so far is the battery life, but I'm playing with it so much, that's not helping matters. :happy3:

12. alienware777

alienware777 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Finally got mine. God its an amazing phone. I'm basically in love with it haha.

Search tags for this page

how to activate facebook home in nexus 4