★★★ The "Official" I got my DROID BIONIC Thread ★★★

DanaB

Reaction score
No, I actually upgraded but it was before all this crap started. The $30 upgrade charge was coming up so I jumped in prior to that. I bought a refurbished Bionic for $20 off the VZN site.

FastKatt

Reaction score
Well, Big Red traded my Bionic for a RazrMaxx... They couldn't fix an issue with me getting 30+ texts sent to my phone, from 1 message...

Sent from my Eclipsed RazrMaxx!

AdamPA1006

Reaction score
Bionic_Racer said:
Got my bionic yesterday and im mostly pleased with it. Best thing was that it was "FREE"...if you consider $30 dollar upgrade fee free.

I had the droid incredible for the past 2 years so this phone from my relative experience is well incredible.

A few little things annoy me but nothing major. Like for instance when im in landscape mode in the browser, the screen doesnt automatically resize the text to make it all fit. Its annoying when i zoom in and have to scroll back and forth horizontally to read ****. Unless there is a way to change this...im not sure.

Screw the stock browser. I love opera mobile personally, way better performance. Check it out.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using the Droid Forums App

Bfp

Reaction score
I ordered my Bionic last night from verizon online store so probably wont get it till Tuesday now...Question...will it come fully updated or will i have to update it and also does the updates go against my data plan.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I ordered my Bionic last night from verizon online store so probably wont get it till Tuesday now...Question...will it come fully updated or will i have to update it and also does the updates go against my data plan.

Most likely if any upgrade is available, it will upgrade when you activate it. And no it doesn't go against your data plan.. :)

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I downloaded the dolphin hd browser and like it a lot better than the stock browser. Ill try the opera browser next.

Boat Browser is pretty good too, but I find I'm using the stock more than any other browser.

Bfp

Reaction score
Well i came home from work and my Bionic was setting on the table in a box....very nice box i might add...slipped the sims card in and battery in and now its on charge, shows to be 50% right now so what about 2 hours of charging or so before i turn it on and activate?

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Well i came home from work and my Bionic was setting on the table in a box....very nice box i might add...slipped the sims card in and battery in and now its on charge, shows to be 50% right now so what about 2 hours of charging or so before i turn it on and activate?

Congrats on your new phone! You don't necessarily have to wait for it to fully charge, you can activate it now. :)

Bfp

Reaction score
Oh yea i fegort my otterbox defender will be here tomorrow..:biggrin:

Bfp

Reaction score
Wont activate and now i have no phone at all...finally activated gggrrr

Last edited:

altspeed

Reaction score
Dallas, Lone Star Republic, North America, Terra
altspeed said:
Yeah. I activated mine straight out of that sexy box :) I charged after i played for an hour or so.

Now that you mention it, mine wouldn't auto activate either, truthfully the only anxious moment ever with this phone. Called 611, gave them the sim #, and they manually activated the LTE for me.

Bfp

Reaction score
Got my otterbox today for my Bionic, just wish they had colors to chose from instead of all black....my son's iphone otter box is yellow and black...just would be nice to have different colors though for the Droids.