OTA 6.11.748.XT912.Verizon.en.us

bullswife98

Reaction score
Question??? I was rooted,and I'm sure its been answered here somewhere and sorry if it was but,how do I get rid of the superuser icon. Received the ota (8:30a.m.) and yes broke root which is fine don't want to re-root atm and want to remove su,how do I do that? It won't uninstall. Again sorry if its been focussed here I'm still half asleep. Lol

Sent from my Razr sliced thin! :)

JaBr1884

Reaction score
As it states in the OP, the update is failing for a lot of people but the fix is listed under ****ATTENTION****. If you follow the directions under attention, this will fix your upgrade path. You basically have to reroot, install boostrap, flash the stock rom by nitro, place the preinstall folder on the root of the phone, and apply the preroot (or update, and simply reroot with doomlord's method) then update.
***These are not complete step-by-step instructions in my post, so only use it as a general overview, not as directions.

kb3awq

Reaction score
I tried the part know your device preinstall and it gave what I said above unless I did something wrong with that but the first 2 steps I know I did correctly. I guess step by step directions may be better though.

Thanks again

As it states in the OP, the update is failing for a lot of people but the fix is listed under ****ATTENTION****. If you follow the directions under attention, this will fix your upgrade path. You basically have to reroot, install boostrap, flash the stock rom by nitro, place the preinstall folder on the root of the phone, and apply the preroot (or update, and simply reroot with doomlord's method) then update.
***These are not complete step-by-step instructions in my post, so only use it as a general overview, not as directions.

kb3awq

Reaction score
Also thought Id mention. If I did uninstall anything it should be showing in Tit. backup like some things are but are from my old phone. hmm.

JaBr1884

Reaction score
Also thought Id mention. If I did uninstall anything it should be showing in Tit. backup like some things are but are from my old phone. hmm.

I was also very careful not to remove anything that I couldn't put back. This was apparently not enough this time around. What fixed it for me was the nitro stock rom, or more likely, the preinstall folder part of the return to stock post by Nitro.

kb3awq

Reaction score
I just tried to install nitro stock rooted and it said finding, opening, verifying update package then says E:signature verification failed installation aborted.

When I ran the other file the blur ..744 verizon one he has that gave me the same error 7 as the update does.

As for the preinstall folder I went into that but it seems the stuff is in there so I am not sure what to do with this.

I was also very careful not to remove anything that I couldn't put back. This was apparently not enough this time around. What fixed it for me was the nitro stock rom, or more likely, the preinstall folder part of the return to stock post by Nitro.

kb3awq

Reaction score
assert failed: apply_patch_check ("/system/app/Maps.ode4e936a38a92d4964f ect. then says E: error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip status 7 installation aborted.

This what I get when I install the blur one. So it seems like something with the maps? Thing about it is maps is on my phone and not frozen. hmm.

Well Ill try to check again here before I go to work if not I will have to wait until after midnight unless I get a chance to check from my phone.

gling

Reaction score
First off, thanks for all the help (and patients) to the forum for all of us that are unable to install this update. I know there are many different issues causing the problems and a lot of good ideas for fixes have been posted. Unfortunately I am still getting the same error after many attempts at resolving the problem.
Assert failed: apply_patch_check(“/system/build.prop”, “88b14d106c1935ebf67d34285a6840e9fc4a77da”, “84e1256862a5723b93d38b6135ce947e97a39504”)
E: Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.
I was rooted (Doomlord) with a handful of root apps (no bootstrap/safestrap) and originally had frozen a few apps with TB. When the update became available, I unfroze the apps, unrooted, downloaded the update and tried installing through stock recovery.
When that failed, I did a factory reset, re-downloaded the update and tried the install again without success.
I recently tried replacing the preinstall folder as mentioned in one of the post above but update failed again.
So now I've downloaded Nitro's Razr-stockRooted.zip (241.64MB) and my question is can I replace the build.prop folder with the one from Nitro's like the fix for the preinstall folder or would it be wise to just flash the entire stockrooted.zip. I'm assuming flashing the zip is akin to a factory reset just with all original files intact.
Since I've already done one factory reset, I'd like to avoid the aggravation of setting up again, but will do it if it will solve the update dilemma. BTW; I have since re-rooted again with Doomlord.
Any thoughts?

cdfjr1975

Reaction score
Gling,

I just looked at your comment again and realized I read what I wanted to and not what you actually posted so my comment below may not work but left it just in case it helps someone else

Just download the preinstall files no need to do the stock install unless you deleted many files . I was having the same problem and it worked great. Not sure of I needed it or not but I moved the download using Root Explorer $4 on market but has proven to be worthwhile for $4.

Hope it works for you!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

willmiii

Reaction score
I was rooted. All i did was download the voodoo ota keeproot app and backed up my root. Afterwards I temporarily un-rooted and installed the ota update. After it rebooted I opened the ota rookeeper app and installed backed up root. Needless to say running the new update without a hitch and of course rooted. Also I unfroze all my apps in TB

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

groovydeus

Reaction score
So...this feels crazy as it was painfully easy...and I really can't vouch for it working on anyone else's phone:

I had Safestrap installed (disabled), installed Voodoo, unrooted, ran the update that VZW had pushed to my phone and it worked fine. Update Successful.

Safestrap had been removed from my boot sequence (so the update appears to have uninstalled or overwritten the recovery - I don't know, this is beyond my depth) so I just went back in, rerooted with Voodoo, launched Safestrap and Installed Recovery again.

All seems peachy. Hope this helps.

edit - I had also removed any apps that I could prior to rooting...so Blockbuster, etc...were already gone.

Raw Dodge

Reaction score
Anyone else getting noticeably better battery life after the OTA? I have definitely increased battery life. Not huge difference but very noticeable...I attribute it to less data searching.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

akiles

Reaction score
You, SIR are a fracking GENIUS!!!!!!!!!

It worked*!!!!!!!!!

1.- I extracted build.prop from nitro's deodexed stock rom
2.- replaced my existing build.prop with nitro's
3.- changed permissions to match original build.prop
4.- backed up root with voodoo and removed root (this voodoo thing reminds me of 3dFx video cards... Yes, I am THAT old)
5.- booted into moto recovery, installed zip from this post
6.- I forgot to wipe cache, you should do it here
7.- 1st boot took for ever!
8.- Regained root with voodoo

Please thank gling!

Note: this works for those of us with build.prop issues. For others getting apk messages, it may not be necessary to go thru the trouble of messing with build.prop. Not setting the correct permissions for this file (or modifying it's contents may screw up your phone royally.)

** By "it worked", I meant the zip flashed without errors.

First off, thanks for all the help (and patients) to the forum for all of us that are unable to install this update. I know there are many different issues causing the problems and a lot of good ideas for fixes have been posted. Unfortunately I am still getting the same error after many attempts at resolving the problem.
Assert failed: apply_patch_check(“/system/build.prop”, “88b14d106c1935ebf67d34285a6840e9fc4a77da”, “84e1256862a5723b93d38b6135ce947e97a39504”)
E: Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.
I was rooted (Doomlord) with a handful of root apps (no bootstrap/safestrap) and originally had frozen a few apps with TB. When the update became available, I unfroze the apps, unrooted, downloaded the update and tried installing through stock recovery.
When that failed, I did a factory reset, re-downloaded the update and tried the install again without success.
I recently tried replacing the preinstall folder as mentioned in one of the post above but update failed again.
So now I've downloaded Nitro's Razr-stockRooted.zip (241.64MB) and my question is can I replace the build.prop folder with the one from Nitro's like the fix for the preinstall folder or would it be wise to just flash the entire stockrooted.zip. I'm assuming flashing the zip is akin to a factory reset just with all original files intact.
Since I've already done one factory reset, I'd like to avoid the aggravation of setting up again, but will do it if it will solve the update dilemma. BTW; I have since re-rooted again with Doomlord.
Any thoughts?

swallman

Reaction score
Does anyone know if root can be obtained after installing the OTA download ? I am currently rooted but was thinking of just allowing the OTA to install and re-rooting (if that's possible)...