Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
First time poster, Been snooping around here for a couple months already :biggrin:

Anyways Got my Droid Bionic a little less than 2 months ago and it was free due to my upgrade on Verizon, it is also my first smartphone after having an LG Dare for nearly 4 years.

Loving it so far! Glad I finally got a smartphone and man is 4G LTE Fast!!!!!

Welcome to the forums! :) Glad you are enjoying your new phone! :)

jwd

Reaction score
My Droid Bionic arrived Wednesday

I've been learning it - though slowly. It's my first smartphone. It's going to take some time to get used to, but I think I'll really like it eventually.

DanaB

Reaction score
Just upgraded after being on a month-to-month plan for almost a year. My original Droid A-855 was still working fine but the $30 upgrade charge on 4/22 was looming so I took the plunge. Glad I did.dancedroid The 4G rocks compared to the 3G on the Droid and everything just works better. I was also able to dump my $40/month Clear mobile hot spot, bump my plan to 1400 minutes and STILL save money.
Got to keep my original "unlimited" data plan too for whatever that's worth.
Considering rooting but no good reason so far. What is the benefit?

Last edited:

Graymayre

Reaction score
Just upgraded after being on a month-to-month plan for almost a year. My original Droid A-855 was still working fine but the $30 upgrade charge on 4/22 was looming so I took the plunge. Glad I did.dancedroid The 4G rocks compared to the 3G on the Droid and everything just works better. I was also able to dump my $40/month Clear mobile hot spot, bump my plan to 1400 minutes and STILL save money.
Considering rooting but no good reason so far. What is the benefit?

From what's understand, it is hard to break these phones. I rooted mine from day one and did the free wifi tether hack so I could use the stock Mobile Hotspot app to tether for free. I just recently installed Safestrap recovery and installed Eclipse 2.2 rom and it is rock solid. I'm glad I waited til now, but if these had been available in October, I would have done it then.

From my BIONIC running Eclipse 2.2 Red Carbon

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
one simple question .... its possible to use the bionic without a sim card ???

Yes, but it won't get 4G. I know because I accidentally fried my sim card (long story). Until it was replaced, all I could get was 3G. Once I had it replaced at a Verizon store 4G came right back. Of course, the fried card was still in the phone so I didn't get a missing sim card message.

Is it a touchscreen?

No, there's a scrolling pad, like a laptop.

Last edited:

FastKatt

Reaction score
So, it's more like a small laptop with an Android OS...
No thanks... lol
That's much too bulky for my taste.
I'm saving up for an Asus Transformer

amerabeans

Reaction score
Asus Transformer is better hands down.

However if you want to utilize your Bionic to its full potiential then the lapdock is a must. Its a netbook and for what I do with its perfect. 4G all over the place. Full Screen Netflix perfect for the kids if we are out and about. Full web browser to display those pages that just don't work right with the android browsers. Plus all your apps can go full screen. My personal favorite is watching NFL Network App full screen. Plus its only going to get better once (cross fingers) ICS is deployed, because they are going to upgrade the Webtop feature.

Again Transformer is better and I would love to have one but for right now got my Lapdock and no regrets. :icon_ banana:DancingNexusdancedroid

xm1

Reaction score
I thought if you upgraded you automatically lost the unlimited data plan.

QUOTE=DanaB;2088949]Just upgraded after being on a month-to-month plan for almost a year. My original Droid A-855 was still working fine but the $30 upgrade charge on 4/22 was looming so I took the plunge. Glad I did.dancedroid The 4G rocks compared to the 3G on the Droid and everything just works better. I was also able to dump my $40/month Clear mobile hot spot, bump my plan to 1400 minutes and STILL save money.
Considering rooting but no good reason so far. What is the benefit?[/QUOTE]

DanaB

Reaction score
I was able to keep the existing plan. VZN is now making noises about forcing you onto a capped plan on upgrade if you get a subsidized phone from them. You can keep your "unlimited" plan if you pay full price for the phone.

xm1

Reaction score
OK thats what I was thinking, so you purchased full price?