★★★ The "Official" I got my DROID BIONIC Thread ★★★

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by wicked, Sep 8, 2011.

1. gchave

gchave Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So i called to talk Motorola a month ago just to talk to someone about my issues. Ended up going up to a level 3person(whatever that means) and they just got back to me today! Took them long enough but hey atleast they got back to me. I sure everyone already knows about the november update thats basically all they told me was that the update is coming and it would fix my "app deleting" problem. Pretty cool i guess, i knew it was coming just feels a little better getting the phone call.. at least they didnt forget about me ya know

2. mauretania

mauretania New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just got my Droid Bionic yesterday. My first phone since my "army" phone circa 1989.
    Not really sure how to use this new phone. I would like to have a video poker trainer app on it but winpoker seems to only work on iphones:(

3. PurpleTwinkie

PurpleTwinkie Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I upgraded from the Storm 2 too! I can't believe what a piece of crap that thing was. These data problems have frustersted the hell out of me but it'll get better. Hope you're enjoying your new smart phone that actually works.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

4. witelite

witelite New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just got my bionic on 10/20. loving it. had heard about the razr, but wasn't interested. I think it'll be to light, unlike the bionic which has the perfect weight and size.

Bionic ftw !

5. kamisan

kamisan Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Got my bionic this weekend put a theory 2.0. Rom on it after root then jrummy cpu overclock app to underclock while screen is off so far 90% liking it 10% wishing battery life was better.

6. Speeding Wheels

Speeding Wheels Senior Member

Ratings:
    +16
    get the extended battery on sale at vzw.com for $24.99

7. Gudasau

Gudasau Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +935
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Z-Force
    I'm a bad, bad mom! I went to Verizon on Saturday to check out a couple of phones for my son's birthday. I have been having some serious issues with my Palm Pre lately, so decided to take advantage of my NE2 and took home a Bionic. My first Droid! I've been compiling a list of apps from this board over the past several weeks, so immediately loaded on what I thought were the most important ones and dug in to play! I LOVE it! My first day of battery use got me around 8 hours with heavy use and downloads. Yesterday, about the same. Same type of use. Today, I'm at work and will have to leave it alone for the better part of the day, so should be able to get through until bedtime to charge it.

My husband has a SERIOUS case of Droid Envy... We're heading back this weekend to get him one too! We also have our son's birthday on Sunday for, yet, another Droid purchase! Ahhhhh....

:byepalm:

8. Speeding Wheels

Speeding Wheels Senior Member

Ratings:
    +16
    A family that Droids together, stays together..... or something like that ;)

9. Shadez

Shadez Super Mod/News Team
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +211
    Current Phone Model:
    HTC One M8
    Twitter:
    @Shadez69
    Glad your liking it :) Make sure you keep all apps on internal memory until the patch tho :D

10. Akivaran

Akivaran New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Howdy y'all, Akiva here...

Got my Bionic 2 weeks ago, upgraded from an Env2. I waited through my whole 2 year contract with VZW and was richly rewarded. Amazon Wireless was having a deal where all of the VZW phone were $.01 with a new contract or a new family line. Since my contract was up, I added a new line and got my Bionic for $.01! Cancelled my previous line and emailed friends/family with new phone number. Totally worth it!!! :icon_ banana:

My only real complaint is the camera. It's horrible!!! Granted I'm not an experience camera phone user, I guess it will take some getting used to.

Is there a thread on why someone should root a phone? I'm terrified of bricking my shiny pretty phone. I soft modded my Wii, and was sweating bullets the entire time.

oky, Akiva out!!

11. bill_garrett

bill_garrett New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    In regard to the camera, yes, it's horribly slow for now, but an update is already in the wild that speeds it up, or you can get another camera app. The problem with the stock camera is the software, not the hardware.

In regard to rooting, if you don't know why you would want to do it, you probably shouldn't. It's not worth it. Besides following the steps, you also need to have an understanding or want to have a significant understanding of how the OS works, which is more than most phone users really want to deal with in their spare time.

12. Akivaran

Akivaran New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I noticed there are apps for the camera on the market, can you recommend where I can find a place to compare them? While I'm adept at completing a google search, I would prefer word of mouth recommendation.

Thanks, Akiva out!

Search tags for this page

cellzealot

sim icon show up and says please wait until your phone has b