★★★ The "Official" I got my DROID BIONIC Thread ★★★

lisalisa13

Reaction score
Pitdaddy said:
Joined the club July 26. This is my first 'smartphone'.

Congrats and enjoy :) This is a great forum if you need help or have questions. Everyone is super friendly and helpful. Gotten tons of help on here!

Kunaiboi

Reaction score
Joined the Bionic Bunch the second week in January, but didn't make it to the forums until this week. I thought I'd post a hello.

Kunaiboi

Reaction score
I'm stock all the way, as it is a work phone and I was specifically told I couldn't root it, but running. 905, looking forward to ICS. I am really enjoying the phone. I have had very few problems. The only significant one is 4G/3G flip flops, so now just live on 3G. Hopefully ICS will correct that!

wooddale

Reaction score
I'm stock all the way, as it is a work phone and I was specifically told I couldn't root it, but running. 905, looking forward to ICS. I am really enjoying the phone. I have had very few problems. The only significant one is 4G/3G flip flops, so now just live on 3G. Hopefully ICS will correct that!
Im rooted running the 232 ICS leak it works perfect ICS is comming out this month your gonna be a happy camper.

Kunaiboi

Reaction score
That's what I'm hoping!

I have been following one of the threads about the latest leak, so, I'm almost at the point of holding my breath. Not quite, with it taking as long as it has, but I'm not complaining. My Bionic has been pretty solid.

Glad the build has been good for you!

wooddale

Reaction score
Its just a shame Moto dropped the ball on the Bio. In my opinion its as good as the Razr. The phone is 1 yr old and once it gets ICS it will be as good as it should have been from the start but like I said they didnt care because they had the Razr. I have been rooted from day 1 so my phone has been good to me. I just hope the OTA is as good as the leaks you never no with Moto seems like they screw up things on purpose. Ive had ICS for over 2 months everybody should have had it.

AdamPA1006

Reaction score
Well in my opinion everyone should be running a custom ROM. :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using the Droid Forums App

Kunaiboi

Reaction score
AdamPA1006 said:
Well in my opinion everyone should be running a custom ROM. :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using the Droid Forums App

Lol. Yeah, I'd love to be running one with you. Ah well.

BigggJack

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am just posting in this thread for my first post, because, i JUST got my hands on a BIONIC 2 weeks ago. Used on flea bay, after my X developed dime sized black spots on the screen. Plan on getting a lapdock very soon. To complete the package.

I am loving the speed on this phone, both the 4g when i am in ranged and the dual core processor clicking along at 1.2 . I have been browsing here for the past 2 weeks and have already rooted and updated the ROM to ICS .232, i will be tinkering with the Deodexed ROM to have the 1% battery readout. Just have to decide if i want to use that on unsafe or safe side.

Loving this forum to get up to date, i left my X stock, but, had my OG Droid rooted and overclocked.

Catch you guys on the forums.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Hello everyone,

I am just posting in this thread for my first post, because, i JUST got my hands on a BIONIC 2 weeks ago. Used on flea bay, after my X developed dime sized black spots on the screen. Plan on getting a lapdock very soon. To complete the package.

I am loving the speed on this phone, both the 4g when i am in ranged and the dual core processor clicking along at 1.2 . I have been browsing here for the past 2 weeks and have already rooted and updated the ROM to ICS .232, i will be tinkering with the Deodexed ROM to have the 1% battery readout. Just have to decide if i want to use that on unsafe or safe side.

Loving this forum to get up to date, i left my X stock, but, had my OG Droid rooted and overclocked.

Catch you guys on the forums.

Welcome to the forums! :) Glad you're liking you're new Bionic!

6flip9

Reaction score
Running .232 on my bionic nearly stock and it so much better than gb. 905. Had wifi and data drops before and now everything is perfect and smooth

I had a droid x2 before leaned out and supercharged, didnt care for most ROMs.

But overall im really impressed with the bionic and i love stock MOTO :). Ive tried every rom, but everything seems so pieced together.

I was spoiled by the DroidX2 forum, most roms are awesome and there threads are written by some amazing devs (Please assume i know nothing when i read your how to) :D

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

marleyinoc

Reaction score
It will take you off the upgrade path (tho maybe not) but .247 for me has been much better than .232

It was great and I stayed on it a long time but having tried a few JB builds as they've improved the .232 was noticeably off a bit. .247, hopefully the OTA, is quite a bit faster with very little to no lag even with quite a few things going on .

Touching home on .247 brings up the recent apps a lot faster, for instance (tho CM10 seemed to be nearly instant after the long push, our maybe the long push it's set shorter).

But this close to the OTA I probably should have waited on .232 - It's just I decided if I get suck here I'll be okay with that (though that's not likely).

-Bionic 6.7.247 via HoB

Reaction score
Hi all, JUST ordered a Bionic on evilbay. Brand new insurance replacement phone for $195 shipped. No charger or sd card or anything and I don't care about the battery because I already ordered an extended OEM one from Amazon. Coming from a Droid 3 that has been nothing but trouble so I already have chargers/32gb sd card/whatnot. We have full blown LTE coverage out where I live now and I figured it was high time I get with the program but I can't "upgrade" because I lose unlimited data. Honestly the Bionic is still right up there with all the new phones as far as bells and whistles. I mean besides not having an omfgwtfbbq huge screen (I actually like the pentile for outdoor use) this phone really does have it all still, and ICS and IIRC it is getting Jelly Bean right? If not I'm sure the community will hook us up like they always do. Also picked up the lapdock, car dock and desk dock too for good measure as I plan to ride this phone as long as it lasts and as long as VZW lets us keep unlmited data off contract.