★ The Official "I got my Droid RAZR Thread" ★

emjay

Reaction score
Replaced my beloved DroidX with Razr Maxx and I'm loving it. I had wanted to get the Galaxy Nexus but decided that the Razr was the way to go. Anxiously awaiting ICS but I do love Gingerbread on this phone. It's just so fast and the colors pop and the battery is so much better than my X.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
when I get it do I have to charge it to 100% befor I can play with it? is that just to calibreate the battery meter ? will it hurt anything to turn it off overnight (so I can play with it during the day)to do it?

Charging initially with POWER OFF, is important because as you said, it calibrates the meter to the true capacity. It will not hurt anything if you turn off the phone at night and will actually help preserve what stored power you have remaining in the battery. Charging with power off is the only sure way to achieve a 100% complete saturation charge, so if you're going to be away from any power sources and need to have the maximum capacity while running, charging with power of will do that for you.

Good luck! :D

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2 with Google voice to text translation. Please excuse any minor spelling, punctuation, capitalization or grammatical errors.

JDuaneJ

Reaction score
Been playing with my DRAZR for about a week. I think this must be the best phone I've had. A little about my Android history; Droid 1, HTC Incredible 1, and now the Razr. My first thoughts from package open was whoa, this thing is thin! I've been very cautious with this thing the past week, from fear of the infamous screen cracking issue that I've been reading up on at the Verizon community. Anyway, no cracks just yet!

Anyway, what is really love about this phone is the contrast of the screen...sure its AMOLED and I can see jaggies from close up, but from a general use distance it's great! Also the speed of the dual core, wahoo! Very smooth transitions on the home screens.

Cons - Battery Life! only when on 4G tho, which is actually another Con...whats with the 4G dropping all the time in well covered areas on the coverage map? My little indicator goes from blue to white all the time! lol Hope it's just a temp thing. Did a speed test compared to the 3G in the same area, and 3G was so much faster on the download. But 4G was still blazing fast on the upload, which I don't understand. (going from 500kb/s down and over 7mb/s up all in the same test???)

Other con is the default keyboard, multi-touch is nice, but the suggestion/autocorrect is bad imo.

Oh one more PRO: this phone has the best audio out of all the phones I've had. :biggrin:

bacK_N_87

Reaction score
JDuaneJ said:
Been playing with my DRAZR for about a week. I think this must be the best phone I've had. A little about my Android history; Droid 1, HTC Incredible 1, and now the Razr. My first thoughts from package open was whoa, this thing is thin! I've been very cautious with this thing the past week, from fear of the infamous screen cracking issue that I've been reading up on at the Verizon community. Anyway, no cracks just yet!

Anyway, what is really love about this phone is the contrast of the screen...sure its AMOLED and I can see jaggies from close up, but from a general use distance it's great! Also the speed of the dual core, wahoo! Very smooth transitions on the home screens.

Cons - Battery Life! only when on 4G tho, which is actually another Con...whats with the 4G dropping all the time in well covered areas on the coverage map? My little indicator goes from blue to white all the time! lol Hope it's just a temp thing. Did a speed test compared to the 3G in the same area, and 3G was so much faster on the download. But 4G was still blazing fast on the upload, which I don't understand. (going from 500kb/s down and over 7mb/s up all in the same test???)

Other con is the default keyboard, multi-touch is nice, but the suggestion/autocorrect is bad imo.

Oh one more PRO: this phone has the best audio out of all the phones I've had. :biggrin:

I agree my 4g sometimes seem slower than my 3g. Interestingly though 4g is crazy fast on huge downloads.

JDuaneJ

Reaction score
I agree my 4g sometimes seem slower than my 3g. Interestingly though 4g is crazy fast on huge downloads.

Yes sometimes it's awesome and sometimes it's really bad. Setup foxfi and was downloading a 30mb file around 2mb/s, but then a file about 3mb was only 120kb/s??? Lame

rpittillo

Reaction score
I have had my RAZR since Valentine's Day!! Loving it! But! There is something buggy about our data connection here in NC. Any one else with the same issue??

milspank3

Reaction score
I've had my Droid Razr for week now. Love everything about it, it's the best Phone I ever had. My only complaint is the short Battery life.

Reaction score
Upgraded to the Maxx from OG Droid... it was a tough little sucker (dropped more times then I can count from some unreasonable heights) but I couldn't let Verizon take away my unlimited so I had to say goodbye... loving the battery on my Max however!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

StephenC

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X (2nd Gen)
I reconstructed my Droid RAZR this weekend. Coming from my old Droid 2 Global, I couldn't be happier with the RAZR. It's light and fast, and the screen is absolutely beautiful. Not to mention the phone itself is eye catching. 4G speeds are incredible compared to 3G. I did a speed test on both 3G and 4G at full signal and the difference was incredible. I was hitting 8mb/s download speed on 4G as compared to 1mb/s on 3G!

Sent from my resurrected DROID RAZR that I rebuilt myself

Last edited:

Lightnspirit

Reaction score
My girlfriend just upgraded from the Thunderbolt to the Droid Razr 16GB White to keep her unlimited data, she loves it so far. Much better than her bulky Thunderbolt. I'm still waiting for my GS3.

Bornatiger

Reaction score
My wife and son got me a Razr for fathers day. I rooted and installed the eclipse rom 2 days later. I've never done anything to a phone before, but its easy and definitely worth it (wifi tether FTW). Now I have ICS and rooted. Great phone. I was satisfied with my Droid2 global but this Razr is on another level.

killer428

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Nexus 6
Twitter
04Mystichrome
I got mine (Razr Maxx) 3 weeks ago and I love it. My 1st smartphone. :hail:

Last edited:

reaper814

Reaction score
love the razr have had mine now for two weeks couldnt ask for a better phone jus better software. any news on the ics update

drumrchick

Reaction score
I've had mine for a week. So far, it's pretty cool. I'm still getting used to Gingerbread. Definitely a lot faster than my old school DROID lol

StephenC

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X (2nd Gen)
drumrchick said:
I've had mine for a week. So far, it's pretty cool. I'm still getting used to Gingerbread. Definitely a lot faster than my old school DROID lol

Don't get too used to it! ICS is on its way out already! Lol

Sent from my resurrected DROID RAZR that I rebuilt myself