★ The Official "I got my Droid RAZR Thread" ★

Reaction score
just pulled the trigger. Ordered a Maxx. The og razr was The same price untill a few hrs after when it whent back to $99:icon_frown: Well I know me and I would have just found a deal on a Maxx battery upgrade. I got the unlimited data package to. I wasnt going to upgrade but from what it looks like is as long as I upgrade befor June 7th I can get the unlimited for 2 more years. If I dont I will loose my unlimited when my contract is up.

Reaction score
ford7379trucks said:
just pulled the trigger. Ordered a Maxx. The og razr was The same price untill a few hrs after when it whent back to $99:icon_frown: Well I know me and I would have just found a deal on a Maxx battery upgrade. I got the unlimited data package to. I wasnt going to upgrade but from what it looks like is as long as I upgrade befor June 7th I can get the unlimited for 2 more years. If I dont I will loose my unlimited when my contract is up.

The only way u can lose your unlimited data is dropping them as long as u keep Verizon u should never lose unlimited data atleast that's what Verizon told me

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
bostonbassman78 said:
The only way u can lose your unlimited data is dropping them as long as u keep Verizon u should never lose unlimited data atleast that's what Verizon told me

The new word is when your upgrade your device they will require a plan change to tiered data ..

----posted MAXXED OUT WITH dessert----

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just upgraded 2 lines to a Bionic and Razr and kept unlimited data also. The rumor I've heard is that June 25th is the day you lose unlimited if you upgrade

X

Reaction score
this is getting off topic but you wont loose the unlimited you just wont beable to get it when you sign a new contract unless you renew your contract befor the cut off date. iv seen alot of threads on this and some are saying even gradfathered in unlimited data plans will be canceled. no they wont. when your contract is up its up. Verizon can do what ever they want with you as long as they notify you 30days ahead. you will keep your unlimited untill your contract is up.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
this is getting off topic but you wont loose the unlimited you just wont beable to get it when you sign a new contract unless you renew your contract befor the cut off date. iv seen alot of threads on this and some are saying even gradfathered in unlimited data plans will be canceled. no they wont. when your contract is up its up. Verizon can do what ever they want with you as long as they notify you 30days ahead. you will keep your unlimited untill your contract is up.

You lose it if you use an upgrade to get a new phone after June. If you buy one off contract after the cutoff, you can still keep it

X

Reaction score
when I get it do I have to charge it to 100% befor I can play with it? is that just to calibreate the battery meter ? will it hurt anything to turn it off overnight (so I can play with it during the day)to do it?

Reaction score
brad92 said:
You lose it if you use an upgrade to get a new phone after June. If you buy one off contract after the cutoff, you can still keep it

X

Talked to a verizon sales rep yesterday they said if your grandfathered in u have no worries just make sure u tell them u wanna keep the same plan when upgrading

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Talked to a verizon sales rep yesterday they said if your grandfathered in u have no worries just make sure u tell them u wanna keep the same plan when upgrading

And you believed them??

VZW put out a statement saying the only way to keep unlimited is to purchase at full retail. If you upgrade and get the subsidized price you will not keep your unlimited data.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

HankB

Reaction score
I upgraded from my Droid X to a RAZR MAXX yesterday. First impressions:

- It's snappy!
- the screen size appears to be identical to the DX.
- I think I'm liking the soft keys - the mechanical keys on the DX were hard to press.
- I'm surprised that Blur on the MAXX is so much different than on the DX, particularly since they're both based on Gingerbread. Since I have to learn a new interface, I went ahead and installed Go Launcher. Either way I'll probably have to learn again when we get ICS. OTOH, maybe moto will make ICS look like GB/Blur which would truly suck!
- I just compared some pictures on the phone vs. my laptop screen and was very surprised in the color difference. Pictures on the phone look oversaturated and foliage is a very bright green.
- I was surprised that the DX still works. Well... No calls, but at home when it has a WiFi connection it seems to be perfectly happy.

sjason73

Reaction score
Hello. I just got my Razr 2 days ago and really like it. lke it alot! WOW! Phones have come a long way. Fast. Like almost as fast as my ASUS PRIME us8ng my home highspeed wifi. I mean I am real mpressed. good job motorola.